Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ok the Creedmoor rules for now. What will be the next big thing were multiple posters will be asking....Why does the NBT get more attention than the 6.5 Creedmore. It will happen and then the Creedmore guys who are going over the hill, will be on the defensive and saying, I shot everything from mice to Bull Moose with my Creed. The NBT doesn't interest me.

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
Ok the Creedmoor rules for now. What will be the next big thing were multiple posters will be asking....Why does the NBT get more attention than the 6.5 Creedmore. It will happen and then the Creedmore guys who are going over the hill, will be on the defensive and saying, I shot everything from mice to Bull Moose with my Creed. The NBT doesn't interest me.

Interested or not, the ability to recognize objective technical advantages separates the logical from the emotional.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Interested or not, the ability to recognize objective technical advantages separates the logical from the emotional.

Bingo!

And it's fun to shoot a bunch of rounds per session. Another major attribute.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The name Creedmoor is great for sales and it gives writers something new to write about. 22 Creedmoor, 25 Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor, I suppose there’s a 27 and a 28 Creedmoor too.
The 30 Creedmoor came out in about 1920 I believe.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is a well designed cartridge, I’ll give it that.
But as MD and others might expect: I consider factory ammo as a last resort for supplying brass.
I like some new cartridges but I really like the classic cartridges.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

While accurate, that has little to do with the question. In that the NBT should have objective technical advantages-as the Creedmore now exhibits-and those who cling to the Creedmore will be unwilling to acknowledge them due to being stuck in the past.

I do find it humorous that the Creedmore threads repeatedly churn out the same info and reasons, often by the same responders..and while accurate it is the rifle question equivalent of Groundhog Day.

Last edited by battue; 01/14/22.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No it's not. It's more like deja vu all over again.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
[/quote]While accurate, that has little to do with the question. In that the NBT should have objective technical advantages-as the Creedmore now exhibits-and those who cling to the Creedmore will be unwilling to acknowledge them due to being stuck in the past.

I do find it humorous that the Creedmore threads repeatedly churn out the same info and reasons, often by the same responders..and while accurate it is the rifle question equivalent of Groundhog Day. [/quote]

Perhaps--but not any more than anti-Creedmoor posters saying essentially the same thing over and over again: "I don't see the reason for the 6.5 Creedmoor, so don't want one, and don't see why anybody would want one." Which is what gets posted over and over again, often to start a new thread--and what's essentially happened here, once again.

I posted earlier, in another thread, that a lot of Campfire posts simply state a "I don't like it," with no real reason given, whether the subject is the 6.5 Creedmoor, Ballistic Tips, Ruger American Rifles, etc. etc. It's as if a Campfire post is a vote, and if enough members post an "I don't like it," then the 6.5 Creedmoor (or Nosler Ballistic Tips or Ruger American Rifles) will be outlawed, or at the very least banned on the Campfire.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well..."Scope my Creed...Will be used for mostly Woodland Deer under 100 yards with the occasional power line opportunity out to 400-500"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't have one and probably never will. However, the advantages you and others have stated can't be denied. And yes, the deja vu, runs both ways...

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Though as I noted, threads are far more often started by a Creedmoor doubter, than a CM fan.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

While accurate, that has little to do with the question. In that the NBT should have objective technical advantages-as the Creedmore now exhibits-and those who cling to the Creedmore will be unwilling to acknowledge them due to being stuck in the past.

You're definitely not wrong.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I frequently think about the reason many threads are started....And often think learning something is down on the list....

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It would probably be tough to make a living as a gun writer if gun nuts weren't such an emotional, sentimental lot that wanted to keep reading about their favorite dusty old cartridges over and over for 100 years.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm late to this conversation. I don't and haven't had a 6.5 CM; in the family (meaning I handload for it if I don't own it) we have in the functional range of the 6.5 CM; .243, 6.5 x50, .260, 6.5x55, 6.5 PRC, .270, 7-08, 7x57, .280 AI.

However I most heartily recommend the 6.5 CM to new shooters for all the positive reasons listed above by Brad, Puddle, Mule Deer, Jordan and others. Well thought and designed, firearms and ammunition well executed. To paraphrase my friend Jordan when physics and emotional response get in conflict physics always wins.

Who the fornication cares about marketing, old school vs new school, gayness or other BS. The cartridge works. If it cranks your tractor rock on, if it does not find something that does and rock one.

I spent a couple of hours this PM sorting out 50 rounds of handholds for a son's 6.5x50 Arasaka, with the modified chrysanthimum denoting use in schools as a training rifle and the dust shield in place . Not practical, modern or in my opinion well thought out and executed, but its fun so enjoy and rock on.

For 99.9% of us the gun game is just [bleep] and giggles, lets not get too spun out. smile

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Partsman
Because people are coming out of the closet, the 7/08 is less gay.
I thought the 7/08 was pretty dang ghey when it came out and gave it a great big yawn. I've never changed my mind.

That would be your department to know about

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GRF
I'm late to this conversation. I don't and haven't had a 6.5 CM; in the family (meaning I handload for it if I don't own it) we have in the functional range of the 6.5 CM; .243, 6.5 x50, .260, 6.5x55, 6.5 PRC, .270, 7-08, 7x57, .280 AI.

However I most heartily recommend the 6.5 CM to new shooters for all the positive reasons listed above by Brad, Puddle, Mule Deer, Jordan and others. Well thought and designed, firearms and ammunition well executed. To paraphrase my friend Jordan when physics and emotional response get in conflict physics always wins.

Who the fornication cares about marketing, old school vs new school, gayness or other BS. The cartridge works. If it cranks your tractor rock on, if it does not find something that does and rock one.

I spent a couple of hours this PM sorting out 50 rounds of handholds for a son's 6.5x50 Arasaka, with the modified chrysanthimum denoting use in schools as a training rifle and the dust shield in place . Not practical, modern or in my opinion well thought out and executed, but its fun so enjoy and rock on.

For 99.9% of us the gun game is just [bleep] and giggles, lets not get too spun out. smile

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

Well said, George!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, well said!

John Steinbeck
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve never seriously considered either one. The up side to building new cartridges and rifles is that it keeps the firearms manufacturer(s) in business long enough to build rifles in your favorite chambering. Rock on, indeed.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t hate the cartridge and I think it is a good cartridge for new shooters that don’t reload and are recoil shy.
If I were to get a 6.5 cartridge of any chambering I’d have to add to my collection of bullets. I’d have buy new molds etc. And the cartridge doesn’t fill any void for me.

My only 6.5 was a 264 Win Mag that I got that sometime maybe 55 years ago. The only bullet that I thought was worthy of game animals then was the Nosler bullets that came in the yellow boxes. I ended up using the rifle as a crow and varmint rifle. I thought I already had the best game cartridge - the 30-06. I sold the 264 due to school costs.

I think naming the new cartridges something something Creedmoor is just a sales gimmick that I will stick to.

Saying that I would rather have a 6.5x55 means I hate the 6.5 Creedmoor.

You can love it all you want, it’s ok with me.

But I can have my favorites too.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/14/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

You just re-confirmed all the points a bunch of the points several of us have made in this thread--and others.

Sorry,
John

John Steinbeck
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,440
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.