-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Like to see some photos, or hear about turkey hunts. Bring 'em on! [Linked Image]<BR>-------------------------------------------<BR><B><I>Critr</I></B><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
GB1

H
H
critr gitr,<BR>I have a ton of turkey photos /stories and a few that have been published. I would love to share them but I have just noticed that my web site apparently doesn't take to hosting images. I put em up and they appear as they should for a time then they change to that angelfire logo which states image hosting by angelfire. Real cute. I will have to move some photos to photopoint and try and put em up.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
<B>Ok, you want to see a picture, here goes!! This was my second bird from the spring 99 season. 20lbs, 9 1/2" beard, and 1" spurs.</B> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View...p;p=31475353&Sequence=0&res=high[/img] <p>[This message has been edited by maytom (edited January 17, 2001).]

"Spring Season......the Best"
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hey, nice one! And I like the way you posed him, with everything spread out. I always enjoy game photos! Thanks for sharing it with us.<BR><P>------------------<BR>--------------------------------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need to find out how to get my photos on the web. I do have a good hunting story, last spring was my best season ever. My oldest son and I each took our limit of four birds for a total of eight. Every one had a ten inch or longer beard. My son's was the longest at 10 and 3/4. Only one bird was called at sunrise on opening day. All of the others were called between 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM in the afternoon. My son called in two together and got both using a 20 ga. and # 7 1/2 shot. The most amazing thing is that one or both of us killed a bird every time we went out. 100 percent success on spring turkey. When I was first learning to call these birds I was lucky to get one in about every fifth try! We had a good crop of birds last year but I have also learned a lot about turkey calling in the 20 plus seasons since I started hunting them. I think I have made just about every mistake that can be made when calling turkey. I don't think there is anything more exciting than calling turkey in the spring!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Critr Gitr have lot's and lot's but don't want to jam things up here for too long so I'll just post a couple. They are both Merriams.<BR> [Linked Image] <BR> <BR> [Linked Image] <P><BR>[This message has been edited by Big Sky (edited January 31, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Big Sky (edited January 31, 2001).]

Is it Friday yet?
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I don't have any photos but my best turkey season was in Oct 99.It was my first and only chance to get out and hunt for turkey.It was rainy and foggy that morning.I sat in a hedgerow and to my surprise after only stting for 30 mins a huge flock of turkeys came into the field to feed.The turkeys were about 80 yds away.I drew a bead on a nice tom and let him have it.I was hunting with my Browning BPS10 ga 30" barrel and a ported extra full choke.I always use remington Heavy nitro magnum shells with #4 shot.Well i rolled that turkey,but the flock just stood there because they didn't know where the shot came from.I picked out another turkey and let him have it.The flock then flew off.I went on over to the turkeys i downed and i then noticed there was an additional two turkeys dead that i hadn't seen.I had to have my wife tag the "extra" turkeys.Had plenty of turkey in the freezer that winter.~~~~~~~~~tom

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's a picture of the Tom I got last spring in Eastern Oregon.<P> [Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 45 invisible), 1,787 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.