Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by steveredd1
I would take a 7 MM 08 any day the week twice on Sundays over a 65 cm

Originally Posted by steveredd1
I would even take my 260 rem over the 6.5cm

We're all ears/eyes here - care to elaborate?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Kenneth
The Cred gets more attention simply because it was introduced in the age of the internet,

Those who liked it talked about it,

Those who are stubborn or dislike change or who already had a favorite also kept talking about it,

This thread is proof of that.

I'd rather discuss the rifle itself.

Except that those who haven't actually owned/used one shouldn't even have a comment or be taken seriously on the subject. Leave that to those who have.

There are more than a few here who have shot enough different calibers more than a little....who wouldn't have had to own or use a variety of calibers to have a valid opinion.
Like saying a shooter that has extensive experience with a .30-06 wouldn't have a clue about what a .308 can do.

Horseschitttt. Like asking a cheerleader who's seen 500 football games what it's like to actually compete on the field.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Three rounds of Factory 140 A-Max ammo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bugger,

You just re-confirmed all the points a bunch of the points several of us have made in this thread--and others.

Sorry,
John

Well since you like the 6.5 Creedmoor more than the 6.5x55, by your own logic you are a 6.5x55 hater.

Good grief...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Damn! That's gotta make ya wish that happened in a sanctioned event with witnesses!

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
The Cred gets more attention simply because it was introduced in the age of the internet,

Those who are stubborn or dislike change or who already had a favorite also kept talking about it,

Except that those who haven't actually owned/used one shouldn't even have a comment or be taken seriously on the subject. Leave that to those who have.

There are more than a few here who have shot enough different calibers more than a little....who wouldn't have had to own or use a variety of calibers to have a valid opinion.
Like saying a shooter that has extensive experience with a .30-06 wouldn't have a clue about what a .308 can do.

Horseschitttt. Like asking a cheerleader who's seen 500 football games what it's like to actually compete on the field.

laugh

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Brad
Bugger,

You just re-confirmed all the points a bunch of the points several of us have made in this thread--and others.

Sorry,
John

Well since you like the 6.5 Creedmoor more than the 6.5x55, by your own logic you are a 6.5x55 hater.

Good grief...

Right?

My 11 year old nephew killed 2 deer, a handful of beaver and 1 coyote this past year with his 6.5 Creedmoor. He's not on the internet, he likes girls, can drive and loves Wild Turkey Honey.

He doesn't know it's gay or that it causes problems with old men, he's just living the dream.

Last edited by Mike78; 01/15/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

If you say so,but I survived the 70's and early 80's by the grit of my teeth from the 7mm Remington magnum fans. There was no internet then and apparently no gravity either.

Last edited by Mike78; 01/15/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Mike78
Bugger,

Sorry,
John

Good grief...

Right?

My 11 year old nephew killed 2 deer, a handful of beaver and 1 coyote this past year with his 6.5 Creedmoor. He's not on the internet, he likes girls, can drive and loves Wild Turkey Honey.

He doesn't know it's gay or that it causes problems with old men, he's just living the dream.

That part is counter to your point. grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mathman
Bugger,

Sorry,
John

Good grief...

Right?

That part is counter to your point. grin

Fair enough, but he is 11.

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

Here's the 6.5x55 I've had for around 20 years. It's an FN Mauser action with a Dave Gentry 3-position safety, and a Lilja 1-8 twist barrel installed by Charlie Sisk. I did the stock myself, from a piece of "California English" walnut. Got the action from my late father-in-law, and it's one of the last rifles I'd ever sell. It shoots very accurately--about as accurately, in fact, as the average $500 6.5 Creedmoor, though I haven't found a factory load that shoots as well as my handloads.

In the meantime have owned and sold five 6.5 Creedmoors, and right now don't have one, though may change that soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
That gun is a classic looking hunting rifle. The gun has clean lines and the scope looks like the perfect proportion for the gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bugger,

Here's the 6.5x55 I've had for around 20 years. It's an FN Mauser action with a Dave Gentry 3-position safety, and a Lilja 1-8 twist barrel installed by Charlie Sisk. I did the stock myself, from a piece of "California English" walnut. Got the action from my late father-in-law, and it's one of the last rifles I'd ever sell. It shoots very accurately--about as accurately, in fact, as the average $500 6.5 Creedmoor, though I havent; found a factory load that shoots as well as my handloads.

In the meantime have owned and sold five 6.5 Creedmoors, and right now don't have one, though may change that soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But it seems that you say that you like the 6.5 Swede less than the 6.5 Creedmoor - therefore you hate the Swede. That is if the converse is true, that if I say, “I like the Swede more than the Creeedmoor I’m one of the Creedmoor haters.”
I don’t believe I said I hated the Creedmoor.

In my opinion: The Remington action is a bit short for 57 millimeter length cartridges and I think it’s marginal for the cartridges that are 51 millimeters. The Creedmoor has optimized the length of the cartridge with the 700 short action as well as many other short actions. Despite that, I like the Swede more and I don’t hate the Creedmoor.
Now please don’t say I hate the 308 in a short action, but I would like the action at least 5 millimeters longer, longer yet for the 6mm, 257, 350 RM etc.
The 350 RM is a favorite cartridge and it is about 55 milli-meters in length - it was designed to fit in the short 600 action - I believe they were designed for each other. But I’d like the action to be longer and I have 350’s in both a 700 and a 600.
Further I’d like to seat some bullets further out in the 308 class of cartridges, especially in: the 7-08, the 308, the 260, and the 358.
I think the short action is marginal for these cartridges.
If the short actions were longer, the Creedmoor may likely have been based on the 308 length cartridges perhaps a 260 AI.

By the way: I never believed you hate the Swede.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/15/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass when it hops

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I was in sales in the 80's ... all my sales training revolved around the fact that people buy (or don't buy) based on emotion and not fact. People gonna buy for lots of reasons .... this thread is like the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge argument that has been going on for decades. Buy what tickles your fancy.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Damn! That's gotta make ya wish that happened in a sanctioned event with witnesses!

That right there was some funny chit ..... I don't care who you are. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

If you say so,but I survived the 70's and early 80's by the grit of my teeth from the 7mm Remington magnum fans. There was no internet then and apparently no gravity either.

That right there was funny ..... I don't care who you are. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool

That right there was some funny chit ..... I don't care who you are. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

Maybe. But I wasn't kidding. I have shot a couple that I wished got measured on the record lol

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

Fair enough--but I still wish I had $5 bill for every time somebody of our generation has told me (or posted somewhere on the Internet) that there's no reason for the 6.5 Creedmoor, because the 6.5x55 has been doing the "same things" for well over a century.

By the way, I would also often like a little more magazine length for "short actions." This is partly because so many newer bullets have longer sleeker front ends, especially plastic-tips. But some short-action rifles are now coming with slightly longer magazines. Melvin Forbes put 3-inch magazines in his Model 20 Ultra Light Arms rifles when he introduced them in 1985, and the magazine on Eileen's M20 .257 Roberts allows me to seat 100-grain Barnes TTSXs "correctly," meaning where they're most accurate. Despite the tendency of TTSX's to shoot better when seated somewhat deeper, the cartridge OAL is too long for the average 2.85 inch short-action magazine.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lol!

It was my ammo out of a friend’s rifle. He thought his barrel was bad.

He witnessed the freak group

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.