Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am curious as to where this originated as being a remedy for Covid? If someone can answer this question they should be nominated as the most intelligent person on the fire. Serious question.

Jim

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's been used for river blindness (Onchocerciasis) for years.

Now I'm interested in who thought to try it.

Although, it's over of the safest drugs out there, so it wasn't a really risky thing to try.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Depends - Dr. Pierre Kory was one of the first US doctors to study Ivermectin for SARS-CoV-2. But Fauci and others considered both Ivermectin and Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine for the treatment in 2003 -2004 time frame with the initial SARS outbreak in China.

As far as first application using Ivermectin specifically for SARS-CoV-2 there were several hospitals in Europe, Brazil, and Africa that all began using it very early on. Because Ivermectin is so widely used around the globe, it would be pretty difficult to nail down who did what first.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 01/15/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They have been using Ivermectin for over 40 years to control viruses borne by parasites on both sides of the equator. The governments of equatorial countries buy it to treat there citizens effectively. Google up FLCCC AND CLICK ON SOME OF THE LINKS. Big pharma can't make any money on it that's its only failing....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The problem with ivermectin is it is too cheap. Big Pharos can’t make any money off it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Could it be that another “failing” in big pharma/corporate medicine’s eyes might be that it actually stems the disease.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The only failure of Ivermectin relative to Covid is in the profit department. $1-$2 per dose versus $530 per dose for the most recent Big Pharma release versus $8,000 (+/-) for Remdasivir.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had read somewhere that in areas where the population were all taking their weekly IM pill researchers noticed covid numbers were minimal. Maybe this was with Sars-1.

There is a state in India with 220 million people where they pretty much wiped out covid delta with IM given to anyone symptomatic and people they had exposed.

As it is very effective for minimizing covid symptoms, then I wonder if it will do the same for the flu and common cold?! I wouldnt be surprised if the govt dosent soon classify IM as a prohibited drug with a narcotic type rating.

What is 'big pharma' anymore? multinational investment companies controlling drug and healthcare conglomerates all married into global political families?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I am curious as to where this originated as being a remedy for Covid? If someone can answer this question they should be nominated as the most intelligent person on the fire. Serious question.

Jim

I'll beat my own drum grin

Ivermection Link

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Originally Posted by rainshot
The problem with ivermectin is it is too cheap. Big Pharos can’t make any money off it.

Sure they can!! but not very much! greed at the expense of 100's of thousands of unnecessary deaths and everything that went along with that...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I had read somewhere that in areas where the population were all taking their weekly IM pill researchers noticed covid numbers were minimal. Maybe this was with Sars-1.

There is a state in India with 220 million people where they pretty much wiped out covid delta with IM given to anyone symptomatic and people they had exposed.

As it is very effective for minimizing covid symptoms, then I wonder if it will do the same for the flu and common cold?! I wouldnt be surprised if the govt dosent soon classify IM as a prohibited drug with a narcotic type rating.

What is 'big pharma' anymore? multinational investment companies controlling drug and healthcare conglomerates all married into global political families?

It wasn't ivermectin alone. They made up kits with a Z-pak and other goodies.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Jim

I believe they noticed that those who used it for parasites didn't get COVID-19, or at least didn't end up in the hospital. That gave them the idea to try it on COVID-19 patients.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Veterinarians have known about the anti-viral properties of Ivermectin for decades.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Jim

I believe they noticed that those who used it for parasites didn't get COVID-19, or at least didn't end up in the hospital. That gave them the idea to try it on COVID-19 patients.

It wasn't quite that casual. Ivermectin has a well documented anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effect. It was considered as a possible treatment for SARS-. So it was widely speculated that it would have a positive effect for SARS-CoV-2 very early into the pandemic. As to who first started a clinical treatment using it is pretty difficult to nail down.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the replies. There is much here I didn't know before. Thanks

Jim

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here's one from the Nat. Institute For Health, the place where the CDC's supposed go to source for setting policy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

There are more articles on the subject from the same source...do search for Ivermectin use for viruses.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ivermectin was found to inhibit covid-19 replication in vitro.

Definition of in vitro: outside the living body and in an artificial environment

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32251768/

We report here that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved anti-parasitic previously shown to have broad-spectrum anti-viral activity in vitro, is an inhibitor of the causative virus (SARS-CoV-2), with a single addition to Vero-hSLAM cells 2 h post infection with SARS-CoV-2 able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in viral RNA at 48 h. Ivermectin therefore warrants further investigation for possible benefits in humans.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The first report I heard was from Australia. I read it on an Australian news site. Quickly that report was not to be found. I caught what was probably the Corona virus in the fall of 2020 and as soon as I showed fever I took a dose of Ivermectin of about 10% over the recommended dose. The next day I was free of fever although a secondary infection did manifest itself in the form of coughing up yellow junk which I knocked out with a Zpack. Before Christmas this year the same scenario happened again. I had 3 degrees of fever which was gone within 24 hours of taking Ivermectin. My little grand daughter has really bad reactions to mosquito bites and I'm sure flea bites when she is outside loving on our fleabag cat. I rub a little injectable Ivermectin on the bites and poof they go away. My brother had a persistent rash on his arm which no one could cure. He swallowed 2cc of injectable Ivermectin and it disappeared.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Tesoro

It wasn't ivermectin alone. They made up kits with a Z-pak and other goodies.

This is what they used in India.

From the original article:

This is what they used in India.

Each home kit contained the following: Paracetamol tablets [tylenol], Vitamin C, Multivitamin, Zinc, Vitamin D3, Ivermectin 12 mg [quantity #10 tablets], Doxycycline 100 mg [quantity #10 tablets]. Other non-medication components included face masks, sanitizer, gloves and alcohol wipes, a digital thermometer, and a pulse oximeter.

MAGA! This is the way!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes correct. But IM was the magic pill in the packs. It is sickening what happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.