Hop To
Page 35 of 45 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 44 45
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Hastings
Tell us again, did you shoot a one hole group with an 8mm Mauser at 100 yards when you were less than 10 years old? Just answer that. With 10 or 15 shots no less?

You mean this one:

7/22/20 – (The first time 8 year old HC shoots a rifle, it’s a 15 shot one hole group at 100 paces with an 8mm Mauser.)
"Reminds me of getting yelled at my first time at a range. The first rifle that was put against my shoulder as an 8 y.o. boy was a 98 M in 8mm. My target had one hole after fully loading it around 3 times. It Made mom's second husband mad for wasting all that expensive ammo. Red face, yelling, cussing, not a good first experience. He thought I missed the target altogether until we went to get a close look. Not a bad rifle at 100 long paces."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is friggin hilarious

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think Jesus’ New Covenant followers are required to follow any of the commandments in the old covenant. His followers are expected to obey the all-encompassing command in the new covenant that Jesus Himself instituted at the Last Supper. This new covenant replaced the old one. This new covenant established by Jesus retired the old one that God established with the nation of Israel.

And His new commandment was a replacement for all of the old commandments, just as His new covenant replaced the old covenant. His new commandment wasn’t an additional commandment to the already existing list of commandments. He didn’t introduce it as “here’s the 614th commandment.” He introduced it as “By this all people will know that you are my disciples.” While the old covenant, and all of the rules and regulations that came with it, was significant in God’s creation of the nation of Israel, and it helped separate them from their neighbors, and it gave them some moral guidelines — Jesus’ death and resurrection marked the end of the covenant that God made with Israel, and all of the rules and regulations that came with it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The majority of people aren't even christian.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The majority in church ain't even saved so .............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Norse-type "heavens" were a common idea before Christ's resurrection. In fact, that was the basic Jewish conception too. I don't think that conception is by accident. But Christ opened the real Heaven, the union with the Godhead.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
I don’t think Jesus’ New Covenant followers are required to follow any of the commandments in the old covenant. His followers are expected to obey the all-encompassing command in the new covenant that Jesus Himself instituted at the Last Supper. This new covenant replaced the old one. This new covenant established by Jesus retired the old one that God established with the nation of Israel.

And His new commandment was a replacement for all of the old commandments, just as His new covenant replaced the old covenant. His new commandment wasn’t an additional commandment to the already existing list of commandments. He didn’t introduce it as “here’s the 614th commandment.” He introduced it as “By this all people will know that you are my disciples.” While the old covenant, and all of the rules and regulations that came with it, was significant in God’s creation of the nation of Israel, and it helped separate them from their neighbors, and it gave them some moral guidelines — Jesus’ death and resurrection marked the end of the covenant that God made with Israel, and all of the rules and regulations that came with it.

You didn't answer my question.

Are the God of the OT and Jesus reconcilable, or was Marcion correct saying they are not?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You didn't answer my question. Are the God of the OT and Jesus reconcilable, or was Marcion correct saying they are not?

For over 1200 years, ‘Christians’ used Old Covenant values and practices to justify mistreating other people. It’d be impossible to launch an organized massacre of Jews and Muslims, or to start an Inquisition, by leveraging Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. But there’s plenty to work with by reaching back into the Old Testament.
You like to talk about early Christians, so let's not forget Marcion, who could not reconcile the Jesus with the God of Old Testament and concluded they must be different gods.
This was the comment that you made.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Are the God of the OT and Jesus reconcilable, or was Marcion correct saying they are not?

Never heard of Marcion till now. Why did he say they are not?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It comes down to the character of God as described in the OT in comparision to the NT.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
It comes down to the character of God as described in the OT in comparision to the NT.

A person has to actually read the entire Old and New Testament to have any knowledge of God's character.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DBT
A person has to actually read the entire Old and New Testament to have any knowledge of God's character.
I thought you left this discussion in shame after NVhntr published your fantastic stories (lies). Here you are back. You are persistent even if you are a liar. Did you shoot a one hole group with an 8mm Mauser when you were a child? Under 10 years old and with 3 full magazines of ammo? At 100 yards?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49

Never heard of Marcion till now. Why did he say they are not?

You've never heard of the very first man to assemble a Christian Cannon?

You now that little of biblical history?

Really?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DBT

Incorrect...

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LMFAO!!!!
Happy Dumbfugg...
The gift that keeps on giving from his sheer stupidity.
Fugging sockpuppet troll is utterly failing..

As usual..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Why do you assume I haven't? I have. Not only me, but countless others who have read the bible and have pointed out the contradictions in the character of God between the OT and the NT.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The majority of people aren't even christian.

Yep, and christianity is the new kid on the block. Hinduism has been around twice as long. Kinda looks like things were made up by the suspicious as they went along - look at the multiple flavours of christianity that have evolved over time. Without demonstrable facts, anything is possible.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
What about the time where Jesus says he has not come to change any part of the Law (the Law = the first five books of the OT). "Not a jot nor a tittle."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What about the time where Jesus says he has not come to change any part of the Law (the Law = the first five books of the OT). "Not a jot nor a tittle."

That is what I read. He said to do what the religious leaders say but not to do as they do. His problem with them and the law was that the religious leaders put burdens on the people that they would not carry themselves. He said that. He never said the law was finished or ever would be.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus said “I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear, until its purpose is achieved.” The last part of His comment is very significant.

The purpose of the Law was to make known our sin and to highlight our need for a Savior. Jesus accomplished (achieved) everything that the Law required.

This is very clear to me. If other’s have a difference of opinion on this matter, that’s more than OK with me. One’s salvation doesn’t depend on one’s interpretation of this verse.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What purpose? Not everything has been accomplished. The world goes on as normal. People are people, business as usual.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.…"

Last edited by DBT; 01/15/22.
Page 35 of 45 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 76 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.