Hop To
#16842209 01/15/22
R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Been cleaning out my old safe, forgot i had these 2 pen guns, my mother carried them during WW-2, little ones a .38 the fat ones a .45 acp, the . 38 shoots a tear gas rnd, i have a few from WW-2 , .45 shoots a rat shot load, Mother said you point the pen at their face and punch the trigger, Thought you might enjoy seeing them, lots of history here. Rio7

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First ones I ever remember seeing. Thanks for sharing. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your mom musta been a bad-ass

Cool pics and thanks for posting

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
cool for sure. Never seen one

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cool Rio.

Be careful though as I believe the old ones like that may be classified as AOW by the Waffen ATF.

https://ctfirearmsauction.com/what-is-a-pen-gun-and-is-it-a-legal-firearm-unique-guns-at-auction/

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons, the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/15/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

chilinstuctor, Thanks for the info, These pens have been in my family sense the 1920s, screw the ATF. Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7

chilinstuctor, Thanks for the info, These pens have been in my family sense the 1920s, screw the ATF. Rio7

I hear ya. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Wow very cool storiee behind these pens. Don't think I have ever seen one before. It's interesting that she carried specific rounds in them and not just a normal fmj

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rio,
Just what was your mom up to if you don't mind.
There are so many stories from that period that are being lost.
My Pap passed when I was 10. I remember stories, but not well.
I wish we could have spent time together as adults.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Neat. What does it feel like to shoot the .45?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Those are very cool, thanks for sharing.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I bet they would do that he trick!! Thanks for sharing.

R
RIO7 Online Happy OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

tjm10025, I have never fired these guns and have no desire to shoot them or see them fired, they are collector pieces. Rio7

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cool Rio.

Be careful though as I believe the old ones like that may be classified as AOW by the Waffen ATF.

https://ctfirearmsauction.com/what-is-a-pen-gun-and-is-it-a-legal-firearm-unique-guns-at-auction/

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons,the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”

I guess if he gets visited by some alphabet agency Tac Elf’s, we will be certain they monitor…eh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
Cool Rio.

“Through the Second World War and the Cold War, the pen guns used by spies are legally classified as an AOW. So, you can’t easily buy models like the Penguin unless you complete NFA paperwork for a tax stamp. But, unlike these spy weapons,the Stinger pen gun is unique, in that it is classified as a legal handgun by the ATF and readily transferable like most guns.”

I guess if he gets visited by some alphabet agency Tac Elf’s, we will be certain they monitor…eh

Considering my recent ATF contact about form-1 silencer parts bought from Diversified Machine in 2016-17 timeframe, the big brother ATF stuff is less funny to me. 😟

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by viking
Cool Rio.

Considering my recent ATF contact about form-1 silencer parts bought from Diversified Machine in 2016-17 timeframe, the big brother ATF stuff is less funny to me. 😟

I heard about that BS.

I came close to buying Form1, but didn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks for posting, I have heard about them ,but never saw one!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
672 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.