Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16847779 01/16/22
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "Castle Doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

Now listen to what she has to say...

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.

Under her new law, “… the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible, he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner.

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

And this woman was elected - REALLY ??? !!!

Time to tell Thugs where she lives.

REALLY??

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "Castle Doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.

Under her new law, “… the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible, he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner.

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

REALLY??

Wasn’t that introduced like 3 years ago?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Where was she born?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Have to be egg hatched to be so stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Introduced Nov 2020 and dead as of May 2021

Nothing burger

Me

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The bill is real, but the quotes attributed to her are not.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Stupid bitch

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

REALLY??

That reads like an Onion piece.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly

REALLY??

Wasn’t that introduced like 3 years ago?

Yes. It's that old.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How y'all doing with Liz Cheney?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper
We continue to be exasperated by the view, apparently gaining momentum in certain circles, that armed robbery is okay as long as nobody gets hurt! The proper solution to armed robbery is a dead robber, on the scene.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brazos
How y'all doing with Liz Cheney?

LOL.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I keep sayin, stop electing women to Congress. They've all got a little Angela Murkel in them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Terry is an androgynous name.

dude, get a new name.

Change it to Pat

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Much as most of the women we are around would never do anything but conservative, I'm starting to see the hate for women in office due to seemingly endless liberal streak in evidently most of them these days.

I suspect since we are rural its a bit different. But then again even many males in cities are uber liberal in their thoughts.

And while its sold and protection, all it does is dis arm the people vs the govt in the end and thats the ultimate goal obviously

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hey Wyoming, Liz Cheney.......mic drop.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tell this stupid b itch to move to England!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wonder she would like some big black darkie breaking in her home??

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Only difference between Texas politicians now and as far back as say the days of the republic, is then many arguments were settled with walking canes, bowie knives, hatchets, axes, and pistols.

And Texas has no monopoly on less than savory politicians. Each state has its fair share. It’s the nature of the beast.

Politics is akin to the prison gang system or drug cartels. Only real difference is politicians are doing it under protection of the alleged law.

In one word, all politicians from the dog catcher on up, are slimy.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
501 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 41 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.