Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I recently completed an investigation on a guy who already has 27 felony convictions. 27 times he’s been to court and plead/found guilty of a felony. 27 for crying out loud. 23 of those felonies were 364 day jail sentences (365 means prison, and more expense) that had at least 330 days suspended. During various probation violations, he never had to serve any of those suspended jail days.

Interesting.

Sounds like something our Legislature and Goobernor would be interested in. Shall I have them contact your agencies?

Oh, snap............................we're almost as bad here already.

Wife and I just shake our head every week, reading the booking report in the local paper. This week there was an arrest and booking for someone with four misdemeanor failure to appear warrants. Booked and released with a signed promise to appear. whistle Granted, only misdemeanor cases, and our small jail is probably trying to keep numbers down due to the "pandemic", but crap, the dude has had four chances to show up to court.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Big city problem.

Small towns sort this kind of stuff out via the SSS method.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They have just figured out the system

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd contribute to a Go Fund Me to buy "The System" a wood chipper!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Send them to California

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Offer them life in prison in the USA or parole and small stipend in a cooperating 3rd world country.

We could save $30k/year/criminal.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Offer them life in prison in the USA or parole and small stipend in a cooperating 3rd world country.

We could save $30k/year/criminal.

Don't offer them a damn thing, give them a bullet behind the ear.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
At one time we had 3 strikes laws in this country. What happened to those?

Viewed as fractions rather than infractions. Demoncraps are unholy criminals. All of them. They cater to those who will vote for them and nobody stops them. Cowards all.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Career criminals have chosen their path. In my opinion, the only "rehabilitation" for them is as an organ donor.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
No 20 grand, but I would be in favor of them being provided transportation half way to Hawaii. Starting from LA of course.

3825 24336
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
3 felony convictions and you earn a bullet behind the ear.

Three strikes and you're dead works for me.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I recently completed an investigation on a guy who already has 27 felony convictions. 27 times he’s been to court and plead/found guilty of a felony. 27 for crying out loud. 23 of those felonies were 364 day jail sentences (365 means prison, and more expense) that had at least 330 days suspended. During various probation violations, he never had to serve any of those suspended jail days.

Interesting.

Sounds like something our Legislature and Goobernor would be interested in. Shall I have them contact your agencies?

Oh, snap............................we're almost as bad here already.

Wife and I just shake our head every week, reading the booking report in the local paper. This week there was an arrest and booking for someone with four misdemeanor failure to appear warrants. Booked and released with a signed promise to appear. whistle Granted, only misdemeanor cases, and our small jail is probably trying to keep numbers down due to the "pandemic", but crap, the dude has had four chances to show up to court.

It has nothing to do with any agencies. It’s completely the fault of the legislature for writing terrible laws with idiotic sentencing guidelines, the governor for supporting that crap, and judges for trying to make a political point rather than impose the law.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Even at a buck a round it is still cheaper.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The world has run out of places for penal colonies.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I like this idea for a three strikes law.

Strike one: Judge has discretion based in the severity of the crime. Chance for parole allowed.Certain crimes such as murder, kidnapping, child molesting or forcible rape collect all three strikes, no exceptions.

Strike two: Sentences are automatically doubled which no parole. Certain crimes such as murder, kidnapping, child molesting or forcible rape collect all three strikes, no exceptions.

Strike three: mandatory death penalty, one appeal. Sentence to be carried out within 5 business after sentencing or 5 business days after loss of appeal. No exceptions.

any questions?

Paul B.

Hell, I can get behind this, makes perfect sense.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
so what do we do with Biden/ Harris ,Hillary and Bill ,Pelosi and the rest of these criminals ? we need to start at the top first

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kick the illegals out of the country,
imprison the felons in work camps
put them to the construction, farming, logging jobs that will be open.
Put them in the hardest, most dangerous jobs, and work them like
my old man worked us. 6 days a week. Serving every dam day they
are sentenced to.

That's for 1st and 2nd offenders.

3rd get sent to one of the Wrangle Islands.
2 weeks provisions and left. Indefinitely.
They can survive, die, or kill each other.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Strike three: mandatory death penalty, one appeal. Sentence to be carried out within 5 business after sentencing or 5 business days after loss of appeal. No exceptions.

any questions?

Yeah. Why so many days?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A.22 LR bullet behind the ear is cheap!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jimy
Its clear that we have a class of people that can't, won't or just don't care to live by our laws, so why don't we export them to a country that might be able to rehabilitate them or kill them, who cares? After say 10 felonies, why not give said offender say 20 grand in cash and a plane ticket to any where in the world, a suit of cloths and a fresh start, we would all be better off !
There are plenty of countries around the world that 20 grand would put you in the top ten percent, who could bitch ?

Its a win win in my mind !

When you speak of criminals.....

Are you speaking of professional Criminals or Politicians?

One group at least have some sort of morals... and the other group, have zero....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
773 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 76 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.