Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well played.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The property just went up three bucks.

laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Good luck with it Pharmseller.

I'm with doc Encore.................if this inflation crap keeps up, the Fed will keep raising rates, fewer folks will want to buy and have a high interest rate mortgage (compared to last few years)

Wife wants to move closer to medical services somewhere. Problem is, in this market we won't find anywhere in those places we'd like to buy at what we're paying here. And, we're closer to paid off every month now.

I’m 20 minutes from a major hospital.

I hear elk bugling on the hill behind my house every rut.

Tough to put that in a comp.

It would be a major plus for me. !

Our 7 Acre RANCH! won't sell for anywhere near what you're asking, so even if we wanted it's a no go for us. wink

Again, good luck when it's time to sell. I hope the bottom doesn't fall out of the market by then, but it's likely you'll still do OK.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

I’m thinking some California ásshole might want to upgrade.

This is why all the good guys leave Oregon.

Thanks ásshole.

LOL

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You never know until you try. I sold the last two homes I lived in for the highest price in the neighborhood FSBO within a few days of listing. The last one for $25,000 over asking.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Zillow used to have a “make me move” function where the homeowner could state a price that he would accept even though the home wasn’t actively on the market. Kind of like seeing the car you’ve always wanted and asking the owner if he’d sell.
Zillow took that option away but a homeowner can still list, just not be active, so it kind of works the same way.

My question to a realtor, does it look weird if a house gets listed on Zillow for a high price, then a couple of years later gets listed again for a lower price? What kind of flags, if any, does this send up?

I’m in the process of updating my home. New flooring throughout, counters, sink, interior paint, and appliances. The right buyer might be willing to pay serious money in this market and we’re getting ready to downsize in the next few years anyway. I’m thinking about throwing a really high price on a FSBO on Zillow just to see if he’s out there.

P

LIST IT... AS IS WHERE IS... MUST WAVE ALL INSPECTION... CASH/INVESTMENT BUYERS ONLY... DO IT NOW... Like TODAY on Craigslist.

I listed mine $50k over Zillow... I had an offer $20k over listing within 3 hours of it going public. Closing was set at 14 days. It closed on the 8th day. ENotary in my pajamas on my smart phone.

It need about $75k in upgrades. It was HORRIBLE BUILD (Pulte) on a 1/10 acre lot... selling price was $300+ per SF.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Zillow used to have a “make me move” function where the homeowner could state a price that he would accept even though the home wasn’t actively on the market. Kind of like seeing the car you’ve always wanted and asking the owner if he’d sell.
Zillow took that option away but a homeowner can still list, just not be active, so it kind of works the same way.

My question to a realtor, does it look weird if a house gets listed on Zillow for a high price, then a couple of years later gets listed again for a lower price? What kind of flags, if any, does this send up?

I’m in the process of updating my home. New flooring throughout, counters, sink, interior paint, and appliances. The right buyer might be willing to pay serious money in this market and we’re getting ready to downsize in the next few years anyway. I’m thinking about throwing a really high price on a FSBO on Zillow just to see if he’s out there.

P

LIST IT... AS IS WHERE IS... MUST WAVE ALL INSPECTION... CASH/INVESTMENT BUYERS ONLY... DO IT NOW... Like TODAY on Craigslist.

I listed mine $50k over Zillow... I had an offer $20k over listing within 3 hours of it going public. Closing was set at 14 days. It closed on the 8th day. ENotary in my pajamas on my smart phone.

It need about $75k in upgrades. It was HORRIBLE BUILD (Pulte) on a 1/10 acre lot... selling price was $300+ per SF.

With that said... You may or may not have the same insane good luck, but try... won't hurt a thing... waste a few hours/days of your time at most.

Inspections... VA, FHA, Conventional financing will take weeks or months and rates will have hurt the market considerably by then... strong chance to miss out.

MUST WAVE ALL INSPECTION... CASH/INVESTMENT BUYERS ONLY.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
If it was a Pulte build, you were blessed with off loading it. If you want to see how cheaply a house can be built, look no further...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If it was a Pulte build, you were blessed with off loading it. If you want to see how cheaply a house can be built, look no further...

Agreed... I quite literally have seen lawn mower shipping crates built better than a Pulte home.

... AND the buyer gave $300/SF for it... simply amazing crazy market.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/17/22. Reason: More info

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you have avacodo green shag carpets and harvast gold formica countertops, proceed with your upgrades.

Otherwise it's a waste of time and money.

Whenever you finally decide to sell, didn't you say you were a couple years out a couple years ago?

Whenever that time comes for you, the market is either going to be more of the same, like it is today where you can just tack up a sign in the yard and sell it in short time all by yourself or the market could crash and you wouldn't be able to sell it for squat no matter what you do.

So money spent on improvements is just a waste unless your roof has timed out or the plumbing is rotten, you won't get a return on anything else.

Most homes listed in the higher price ranges get gutted and remodeled to the buyers desire after the sell.

Save your money, buy a new gun, take the family on vacation.

Just sell the dam place and quit just talking about it already.

Oh yeah, about your question, if I saw a home listed above market for a extended time then it started dropping in price, I'd look at it a lot closer to see if there was something dreadful I was overlooking.
If everything passed the sniff test, I'd figure you were getting desperate and I'd lowball the schit outta ya with a offer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That right there insinuates there is something so f'd up the home wouldn't pass the inspections a bank would require.

A lot of buyers would scratch that one off their list sight unseen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JeffA

That right there insinuates there is something so f'd up the home wouldn't pass the inspections a bank would require.

A lot of buyers would scratch that one off their list sight unseen.

There is ALWAYS something on a list of stuff to fix on every inspection or appraisal... ALWAYS...

In my case it was about $75k worth of stuff...

I was NOT willing to do that work so I sold the house and took a measly $175k in profit...

The investor that bought the house did the $75k in updates et al... plus about $25k additional... then resold the house for about $100k more. Glad for him. He wrote off much on his taxes I suspect...

Every man must decide what is best for him to do... on his his own... and as he best sees fit.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Base on what is happening with the Fed and the economy, I would not want to be sitting on the fence in another 12 months. The window is closing...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Base on what is happening with the Fed and the economy, I would not want to be sitting on the fence in another 12 months. The window is closing...

Could be, it's all a gamble.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I agree...

What is coming... will make Jimmy Carter seem like an Economic Stallion with a 2 foot cock.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Part of the problem is few comps. We’re on a 5 acre parcel out of town so that complicates the process from the start. I’ve looked at homes in my neighborhood that sold recently and multiplied their dollar per square foot by my square footage to get an idea.

For example, a house on 8 acres sold in June of 2020 for $575k. 3 bed, 3 bath, 1638 sq. ft. Built in 1974 and never remodeled, never renovated. That’s $351/ft.

That puts my 2805 sq. ft. home at $ 984k but mine is newer, updated, better view, and more private. Less acreage though.

20 minutes to Costco, 10 minutes to the minimart for beer or milk, 12 minutes to three pretty good restaurants, and 15 minutes to a gas station.

When doing an option of value $50 a sq foot is usually accurate in most markets when comparing against comps. But that’s if you want/need to sell. If going for the Hail Mary do $100.

Good luck

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Calvin
Part of the problem is few comps. We’re on a 5 acre parcel out of town so that complicates the process from the start. I’ve looked at homes in my neighborhood that sold recently and multiplied their dollar per square foot by my square footage to get an idea.

For example, a house on 8 acres sold in June of 2020 for $575k. 3 bed, 3 bath, 1638 sq. ft. Built in 1974 and never remodeled, never renovated. That’s $351/ft.

That puts my 2805 sq. ft. home at $ 984k but mine is newer, updated, better view, and more private. Less acreage though.

20 minutes to Costco, 10 minutes to the minimart for beer or milk, 12 minutes to three pretty good restaurants, and 15 minutes to a gas station.

When doing an option of value $50 a sq foot is usually accurate in most markets when comparing against comps. But that’s if you want/need to sell. If going for the Hail Mary do $100.

Good luck

I don’t know what this means.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've sole my last three homes FSBO. Paid a listing service to put it on MLS and had realtors flocking with customers to buy it. Had to inform them that I wouldn't be paying them anywhere 6%, but would pay them a couple of grand to handle the paperwork if they wanted. The local title company has a FSBO packet that simplifies everything.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
There will be likely two or three interest rate hikes this year so the market will likely change yet all real estate is local. Over pricing depending on local market conditions can be against your best interest, you are better off pricing the home at market value or "Below" value to allow multiple buyers to bid up the price.

Your asking price is totally dependent on your level of upgrades your planning on doing plus your basic home features, location, square footage etc.

Zillow has lost a lot of marketing ground...your local MLS system is your friend.

Did you read the part about being ready to sell in the next few years, not now?

Yes I did. Most future home sellers complete their upgrades over a one to two year period of time.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,972
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.