Print Thread
Hop To
Page 78 of 201 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 200 201
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Heck, Just to be a Fly on the Wall!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Heck, Just to be a Fly on the Wall!

That'd work too Sir Tony, after scoping said wall and table tops to make sure Sir Ron didnt have a flyswatter! ; ]

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
HAHAHA!
I know his Fly Swatter is a 458 WM!!!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, was thinking the same thing when i typed that, swatter heavily marked with thick black permanent marker..........................458 WM+ PEST ELIMINATOR!!!!!

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't know why, but I can't help to think about watching The Beverly Hillbillies, back in the Day,
when Jed and Jethro were shooting Flies of the Entrance Gate, and that Goofy Banker,
Mr. Drysdale asked what they were Doing and they explained that they were just shooting the wings
off the flies, and Drysdale was just shaking his Head, with that goofy facial expression! LOL!!!
My Brother in Law, and I, would laugh about that scene for years! LOL!!!

For Some Reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Ron is that kind of Shot!!!!
You just don't acquire that much knowledge, and experience, without being a good Shooter,
and a Great Teacher, and Instructor, Influencer!
To be willing to share this much knowledge, and take it another level,
Certainly Impresses me!
Sir Bagwell, would be Proud!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
With a 485 grain big flat nose cast slug, you don’t have to hit the fly. A close flyby will suck the wings off!😉

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Craig Boddington has an article in the March Shooting times on the top 5 cartridges and his pick is the .458 Lott.
Interestingly on page 43, he states, "I took an early .458 Lott to Zanbia in 1984, barrel work done by Jack himself".

He does not state whether he used handloads in his converted rifle, but being an early conversion, is likely.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Fury01
With a 485 grain big flat nose cast slug, you don’t have to hit the fly. A close flyby will suck the wings off!😉

Classic!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Fury01

That was the gossip when the Armalite was new. Bullet tumbled and only had to pass close and you were done in. Made the news in the 1960's with the Wally Mellish 8 day siege at Glenfield in NSW. He asked for an Armalite and the Police Commissioner gave him one.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
I don't know why, but I can't help to think about watching The Beverly Hillbillies, back in the Day,
when Jed and Jethro were shooting Flies of the Entrance Gate, and that Goofy Banker,
Mr. Drysdale asked what they were Doing and they explained that they were just shooting the wings
off the flies, and Drysdale was just shaking his Head, with that goofy facial expression! LOL!!!
My Brother in Law, and I, would laugh about that scene for years! LOL!!!

For Some Reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Ron is that kind of Shot!!!!
You just don't acquire that much knowledge, and experience, without being a good Shooter,
and a Great Teacher, and Instructor, Influencer!
To be willing to share this much knowledge, and take it another level,
Certainly Impresses me!
Sir Bagwell, would be Proud!

LOL, Yep. bet 'Ol Saint Bagwell is keeping a steady check on us ; ]

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Craig Boddington has an article in the March Shooting times on the top 5 cartridges and his pick is the .458 Lott.
Interestingly on page 43, he states, "I took an early .458 Lott to Zambia in 1984, barrel work done by Jack himself".

He does not state whether he used handloads in his converted rifle, but being an early conversion, is likely.

So, Craig "Shill" Boddington is at it again. Hawking for the commercial cabal as usual, pushing the weak sister .458 Lott.
Some gunwriters are hopelessly, helplessly insane or evil.
Like the sociopath or criminally insane for whom there is no hope except a religious conversion.
With all other known religions of the world having failed them, a new transmogrification must be tried.
I am now a practitioner of ".458 Winchester Magnum Shamanism," a holyman or witchdoctor, yes a shaman.
This is a holistic practice to heal the insane that have been failed by religion and medicine.

To hell with modern medicine.
I was never a "candy man" when I was one of them.
My latest theory is that since they got busted for the opioid over-prescribing crisis business model,
they are adopting the covid pandemic crisis as the replacement money maker.
Problem is, they are cannibalizing the industry, driving their people away or into the stew pot.
Cannibals !
Time for the shaman to re-emerge from antiquity.

I will meet in person or by telemedicine consultation with any .458 Winchester Magnum denier(s) desiring enlightenment.
Yes, group sessions or individual treatment, whether they like it or not.
Introductory screen for remote session is seen on television in background here:

[Linked Image]

A former Lottite, healed by the shaman:

[Linked Image]

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Interestingly on page 43, he states, "I took an early .458 Lott to Zambia in 1984, barrel work done by Jack himself".

So, Craig "Shill" Boddington is at it again. Hawking for the commercial cabal as usual, pushing the weak sister .458 Lott.
Like the sociopath or criminally insane for whom there is no hope except a religious conversion.
With all other known religions of the world having failed them, a new transmogrification must be tried.
I am now a practitioner of ".458 Winchester Magnum Shamanism," a holyman or witchdoctor, yes a shaman.
This is a holistic practice to heal the insane that have been failed by religion and medicine.

My latest theory is that since they got busted for the opioid over-prescribing crisis business model,
Problem is, they are cannibalizing the industry, driving their people away or into the stew pot.
Cannibals !

I will meet in person or by telemedicine consultation with any .458 Winchester Magnum denier(s) desiring enlightenment.
Introductory screen for remote session is seen on television in background here:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LMAO. 🤣 ROTF

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey, there is nothing wrong with playing with different rifles.
I might get a CZ 550 Magnum re-barreled to .460 WbyMag
but certainly would not sacrifice a CZ .458 WinMag for that.
A CZ .458 Lott is a different story.
That would become a .460 WbyMag yesterday,
as long as I already had a .458 WinMag.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Riflecrank

Cannibals !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LMAO. 🤣 ROTF

No Sheet, that is funny!

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
HAHAHA!

LMAO!

Good Stuff Gents!!!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

..l.lovr Sir Ron's post they are extremely accurate with the information and very entertaining

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jwp475

..l.lovr Sir Ron's post they are extremely accurate with the information and very entertaining

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldn't agree More!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Regarding the .458WM, how's this from the past? "...it is doubtful if more power is necessary until safaris are possible on Mars or some other planet." P. O. Ackley Vol 1 HANDBOOK FOR SHOOTERS & RELOADERS Page 500.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TSIBINDI
Regarding the .458WM, how's this from the past? "...it is doubtful if more power is necessary until safaris are possible on Mars or some other planet." P. O. Ackley Vol 1 HANDBOOK FOR SHOOTERS & RELOADERS Page 500.

What did those old timers know anyway ? They were killing things with 6.5 MS , 7x57 and 30-06's ? 🙄

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I think we owe a lot to Remington, Barnes and even Swift in that 1988-89 period for the escalation of both big bore interest and the sum of more ballistically superior bullet profiles because up until then, the average consumer thought of the .458 as a 50-100 yard thumper with 500 grain round nose bullets and we now seldom consider them for overall use as they limit the potential of the cartridge.

Sure, the round nose heavy weight, my preferences being the 550gn Woodleigh, is a great thumper at the ranges it was intended for and on the game associated with close range hunting, but that is not the scope of use nor the potential value of the .458 case.

Because of that, sparked interested in pointed .458 bullets more more than 30 years ago, I learned pretty quickly that the 300gn X bullet could be loaded to a point blank of around 250 yards opening up its range capability to lots of field trials on Australia's feral game. Would liked to have taken more larger game but who wouldn't?

After using, 300, 325, 350, 400, 405, 450, 500, 550 and 600 grain bullets, the 400 grain weight became the best compromise if an all rounder was desired and then one only needed a very heavy game load based on opinion as the 400gn X at least for me, never failed to perform on animals up to near a ton and I would use it on anything I ever killed or may ever take.

I had a 200 yard range where I lived in the Colorado Rockies with a backdrop hillside of pine trees behind and to the side of the targets I used. These trees were around 18-24 inches in diameter and those Barnes 400gn X bullets I'd loaded up for my .458 and had no problem completely penetrating them at that 200 yard distance. Even at .460 Weatherby velocities on large game, 5 foot penetration on muscle and bone was had. The value of this thread is the collective input from various people who have done different things with the same bullets and cartridges as that collective is what generates the theme of confidence you can get before delving into perhaps previously unknown in bullets and cartridges.

Russ is hunting Sambar at the moment and is certainly not the first Aussie hunter to take a .458 for those elusive and tough deer. The objective being to drop them as fast as possible as they take off like whitetail and will even hide in water or thick brush including 1/4 acre blackberry thickets much taller than a man where they weave their way in and just sit down out of sight. When the sambar is found and earned, its up to the cartridge and bullet so here's to Russ and his .458.

Page 78 of 201 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 200 201

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 3,015 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.