Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Ok, then, so Jesus did come to abolish the law in spite of saying he had not come to abolish the law......?

You may not be seeing some angles here. So, one….only one comment, will I make here.

Consider the tripartite nature of the godhead….Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One way that has been used to describe the godhead is One God manifest in Three persons.

Could it be that it was the Father that gave the Law that Jesus the Son fulfilled?

Jesus did not come to abolish the law given by his Father, but to “fulfill” the Law’s requirement of a sin sacrifice.

Yep, much to “not fully comprehend here.” God does that and He keeps some mystery to Himself that He may explain to us when we enter His presence.

May the Father someday “abolish” the Law? Will the Father someday …after the Great White Throne….direct Jesus, the one who fulfilled the law to declare the law “abolished?” I would guess not, but Idk….. He is sovereign…. Perhaps there will be no more need for the Law after the judgment….idk…there are some unknowns and some mysteries.

So, DBT…..no…as I have tried to explain…….Jesus did not “abolish the law”……

Seems to me that the charges against me…. As a result of my sinful lawbreaking, have been “dropped”…..,being cancelled and nailed to the cross.

In my opinion, the “Law” is still valid and will be enforced on those who do not accept the gift and received pardon.

"Consider the tripartite nature of the Godhead" The tripartite or trinity sounds like a bunch of hooey. Jesus was a Rabbi and a Prophet with supernatural power given by God to prove he was legitimately sent by God to call Israel first and then mankind to repentance as had the other prophets including John the Baptist who Jesus called "the greatest of the all". It ain't complicated, Paul not withstanding.

On an aside note I find it interesting and believable that the 2 conflicting genealogies of Jesus agree that his connection to King David came through Joseph indicating Mary wasn't a virgin after all.

Jesus' instructions for salvation were simple but hard to stick with. Repent and straighten up your act. Follow the commandments and love God and your neighbor. Hence the straight gate and narrow way.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
BP-B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Isaiah 7:14 may mean young women. 

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s pretty clear that when ya’ get right down to it, we are all each individual denominations unto ourselves. There are clearly lots of different opinions among all believers, we all have different theological beliefs, and we all have different interpretations of what the Bible says…we even clearly have different interpretations of what those in the Bible, Jesus for instance, are saying…and we have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on these things. I’m OK with it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s pretty clear that when ya’ get right down to it, we are all each individual denominations unto ourselves. There are clearly lots of different opinions among all believers, we all have different theological beliefs, and we all have different interpretations of what the Bible says…we even clearly have different interpretations of what those in the Bible, Jesus for instance, are saying…and we have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on these things. I’m OK with it.

That's well put, but it won't register with those who are absolutely right while all the rest of us are wrong.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Seems to me that there are some essentials….

The Deity of Christ - Jesus is God in flesh…..(John 8:58, 1John 4:2-3)

Salvation by Grace - “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast,” (Ephesians 2:8–9).

The Resurrection of Christ - “And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith,” (1 Cor. 15:14)

The Gospel Message - The gospel message which in its entirety is that Jesus is God in flesh, who died for sins, rose from the dead, and freely gives the gift of eternal life to those who believe.

Born Again - “Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God,” (John 3:3). (I am ok with "alive in the Spirit" if some quibble about 'born again.')

Monotheism - There is only one God (Exodus 20:3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8)

There are other secondary doctrines that are important and then you will have …..as has already been noted……..many differing holdings about all kinds of issues. Ok to have discussions and even disagreements about all kind of things… the rapture, origin of the universe etc…. but within the Body of Christ, I would expect full agreement on these 6 essentials.

btw.... this thread seems a bit stale..... signing off.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Good observation. I've said pretty much the same here in the past, but I think someone else said if first:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree that in addition to essential beliefs, I think we have liberty in non-essential beliefs. The Gospel Message that you posted above is pretty all-inclusive.

We are told that without passing judgment on disputable matters… who are any of us to judge someone else’s servant…? And to their own master servants will stand or fall…

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad

That's well put, but it won't register with those who are absolutely right while all the rest of us are wrong.

And there in my friend lies the problem.
For believers, The Bible is one giant Rorschach test. They see the version that benefits them, the one that supports their psychological dispositions, their life choices, and for those so inclined, the greatest ability to force others to conform to their personal world view. That how we got things like The Inquisition, Crusades, and half a million "witches" burned. Add in concepts like "Gods will", "saving souls from hell", "Chosen People(s), "Divine Right", and some Christians can justify anything. Of course, this is in no way limited to Christianity. We've all seen the abuses is Islam, and he Japanese soldiers followed a Buddhist code to justify their war atrocities.

Some Christians, like our friend Antlers take a live and let live approach. He own's the fact that his version of Christianity is his, and his alone, and you're welcome to live your version so long as it doesn't interfere his well being and some additional reasonable limitation that he can articulate if he so chooses.

Now he a much different kind of Christian than Happy Inquisitor.

Take a moment and imagine a world where he had the powder of the inquisition over an unarmed populace.....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Snipper,

I've shared the good news with many people since I've been here.
What I have a problem with is your extreme Marxist ideology that tyrannically opposed me sharing that good news with anyone. If you don't like it, then leave. I'm not going to grovel like Mr passive milktoast to you.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The lions are coming Fappy!

Caesar just turned them on you!

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"

Looking at the pics, it looks like you do a lot of eating.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Snipper,

What I have a problem with is your extreme Marxist ideology that tyrannically opposed me sharing that good news with anyone. If you don't like it, then leave. I'm not going to grovel like Mr passive milktoast to you.

My sig line quotes Milton Friedman, yet you call me a Marxist.
You continue to demonstrate your disconnect from reality.

I'm starting to wonder what happens when you suffer your psychotic break.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Look out!

The lions are coming after the Christians now!

You poor dear.

I am MAGA.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad

That would apply to everyone who believes they are right. The issue should not be who is right, but what is true regardless of who believes what.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
How many are going to miss out on heaven because of their misunderstanding of what the requirements were. Can't help bad luck I suppose.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Snipper,

antelope_sniper is a Marxist?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How many are going to miss out on heaven because of their misunderstanding of what the requirements were. Can't help bad luck I suppose.

Well , I peeked while getting ready to leave and could not resist a comment…..

The answer is zero…. None…..

People end up condemned…. hell, if you want to look at it that way….. because they choose to reject God. (lifted) They harden their hearts, don’t want to hear about Jesus, and ignore all the ways God tries to reach them throughout their lifetime.

In Matthew 13:15, Jesus said, “For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes.”

btw....for those who are interested in "hell'" see.....Matthew 10:28 and consider what it does and does not say.

Now, I am gonna go.... late....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Look out!

The lions are coming after the Christians now!

You poor dear.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49

Well , I peeked while getting ready to leave and could not resist a comment…..

The answer is zero

Christians and muslims, and whoever else believes in heaven, will be sharing the same heaven? I can"t see that working out too well. There was even a time when christians were killing other christians.

All religions share the same level of evidence ie zero.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I care one flyingfuq about saved. I just wanna be saved from Trump.

Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
835 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 3,285 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,283
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.