Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like there was some discussion on this awhile back. This was in an email today. Very good news.

To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Gear up for unforgettable!

Jon Barker

CEO

Sportsman’s Warehouse

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not saying I blame them, but lately when I see 8# powder for sale at our local SW,

it tends to be the same price as Powder Valley, plus shipping, plus HAZMAT.

Maybe a coincidence, or just good planning.

Used to be some pretty good deals on clearance items.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know how they stay in business, prices have always been a joke.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nearest one is 100 miles away, stop in there when I'm in the Big Town.

Glad to hear they're maintaining their independence........................for now.

Vista outdoors or similar will likely try to snap them up if they make a good profit for a few cycles.

Sycamore, they're likely passing costs on to the consumer at what the crazy market will bear. It Sucketh.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Score one for Brandon! The dems don't like monopolies even for hunting retail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...egulatory-pushback/ar-AARp7bx?li=BBnb7Kz

Bass Pro Shops Merger Is Called Off Amid Regulatory Pushback
Jonathan Roeder - Dec 2, 2021

(Bloomberg) -- Sportsman’s Warehouse Holdings Inc., a retailer for outdoor equipment, slipped in late trading after announcing its planned merger with the owner of the Bass Pro Shops chain was canceled.

Most Read from Bloomberg

The Hot New Trend For Hedge Funds Is—Finally—Female Founders
‘Ghost Signs’ Haunt London’s Reviving Neighborhoods
Reliving the New York Subway Map Debate
Automating the War on Noise Pollution
China Cash Flowed Through Congo Bank to Former President’s Cronies
Sportsman’s Warehouse and Great Outdoors Group LLC opted to terminate the deal after the Federal Trade Commission indicated the companies wouldn’t get clearance to complete it, according to a regulatory filing. Great Outdoors will pay a $55 million termination fee.

Shares of Sportsman’s Warehouse slumped 2.6% to $16.50 at 5:12 p.m. in New York in extended trading. The West Jordan, Utah-based company had a market value of $743 million at the close.

The collapse of the deal comes at a delicate time for retail chains, as supply-chain challenges and labor shortages pressure the industry. Sportsman’s Warehouse would have gone private through the transaction, which valued the company at $18 a share.

The merger is the latest casualty after President Joe Biden in July signed an executive order calling on regulators to take steps to boost competition in the industries they oversee. The president has blamed unchecked consolidation for harming consumers, workers and small businesses.

Last edited by Whiptail; 01/17/22.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I heard this a while back and wonder why the announcement was so late in coming? I am certainly not complaining as I really detest BPS and what they have done with Cabela's but I think the message could have gotten out a little sooner.

The one Sportsmans's Warehouse in this area is rather small and not as well stocked regarding hunting/shooting products as Cabela's used to be but it is an option. The prices are also a bit high for handgun bullets though rifle are often pretty fair. Powder has been the going rate and not bad, all considered. When they had primers, SW was the least expensive around.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
They are typically out of whatever i want. So in that regard they are just like bass pro and cabelas. All about selling cheap china made clothes

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What do you guys expect? Who isn’t out of everything I want. BPS ruined Cabela’s so I’m glad SW didn’t go that route. [bleep] BPS. Sportsman’s Warehouse always had what I wanted until the SHTF in 2013 and 2019.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stock hit a 52 week low. Maybe it's time to buy SPWH.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I don't know how they stay in business, prices have always been a joke.
The pre-bankruptcy SW always had decent prices.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They’re excited to continue operating as their own chain, only because their merger was stopped.

Cabelas was ruined before BPS took them over. BPS bought a remnant of what was a good store.

Living down here in Bass Pro central, I sure wish there was an option other than them. Used to have a SW an hour south, but they closed in their bankruptcy 10 years ago. Scheels is 2.5 hours away and I try to give them as much business as they have inventory for.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Never buy anything from SWH. Weird sporadic inventory/product mix and unfriendly website.
Quit Cabelas and BPS over a decade ago.
Scheels seems the best choice .

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just got the same email. I’m excited about it because Cabela’s went to hell in a hand basket almost instantaneously after being bought out. Score 1 for the home team!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
SW sucks.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Back in July 2008 I walked into Sportsman's Warehouse heading back to the gun dept. to look at rifle. As I came in the door an assistant met me at the door and gave me a $75 coupon off a gun, even on sale items. That sealed the deal. Two guns I’ve bought there that I depend my life on were on sale. I haven't seen that anywhere else.

I’ve stocked up in reloading supplies since then, buying from them exclusively except for some dies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SW stock just fell off a cliff.

Last edited by centershot; 01/17/22.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sportsmans is my favorite by FAR of all the big stores.

Glad to hear they won't be getting ruined by Bass Pro.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am glad to hear it.Don't shop there much but I can say they always have something I want when I go in. BPS not so. They never seem to have what I went in for.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
SW was decent when I lived in Colorado Springs. Bought some archery stuff and powder and primers.

I shop at Scheels now. They are what Cabalas was 15 or more years ago.

Last edited by dale06; 01/17/22.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably good news for the consumer, as the Cabela's merger wasn't an improvement,
Cabala's warranties were lost and I have not shopped there since

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
145 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.