Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dubePA
Hell yeah Matt Dillon wasn't a sheriff. He was a (fictional) Dodge City, Kansas town marshal. smile

And yeah I'll pizz'n moan about actors who are on record as opposing the private ownership of firearms, yet have made much of their money using firearms in TV shows and movies.

Ok boomer

GB1

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't worry about the birdcalls as much as the inaccurate depiction of African Americans. In episode #2 they were shown drinking Colt 45 Malt Liquor out of a can.

That made me laugh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I despise McGraw and his wife, but I have to say he’s playing this part really damn well. Old lady used to be hot, wtf happened to her face? Plastic surgery I’d imagine.

I don't know a thing about him and very little about his wife, what is the rap, are they democratic supporters?
I've liked the series thus far.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
It's only on Paramount Plus, which is a subscription streaming service. But you can do a free or low cost trial.

I know stealin isn't right, but when it's stealin from Hollywood I've justified it in my head..firestick.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are enjoying the series. I pay for the subscription to Paramount plus.I don't mind paying because I like being ripped off.
It's a good show for what it is.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dubePA
Hell yeah Matt Dillon wasn't a sheriff. He was a (fictional) Dodge City, Kansas town marshal. smile ...

Slight correction. In Gunsmoke, Matt Dllion was a U.S. Marshal. Not a town Marshal.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by KFWA
the show doesn't need narration - its just filler.

Wife calls it Little House on the Prairie with sex and violence. I think she watches it just to criticize it.

TFF

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I despise McGraw and his wife, but I have to say he’s playing this part really damn well. Old lady used to be hot, wtf happened to her face? Plastic surgery I’d imagine.

I don't know a thing about him and very little about his wife, what is the rap, are they democratic supporters?

Anti-gun, pro-Obama and pro-Biden liberals.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep. And Faith Hill snorted too much Coke in her younger days.

Despite being gun hating liberals, they’ve done a much better job of acting than I thought they would.
In the few movies McGraw has been in, he’s always played the part of an asswhole. Seems to be pretty good at it.

I like the role the Black Guy plays as an Ex Buffalo Soldier. Seems to be a good actor. Never seen him in anything else.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Only watch it when its free, I've seen worse inaccurate stuff, but it beats a lot of the crap out there. I laughed when the chick got snake bit in the butt. Anyone remember the Woody Allen movie where she got bit in the boob and everyone ran to suck out the poison ? I think it was called "Bananas."

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Despite being gun hating liberals, they’ve done a much better job of acting than I thought they would.
In the few movies McGraw has been in, he’s always played the part of an asswhole. Seems to be pretty good at it.

I like the role the Black Guy plays as an Ex Buffalo Soldier. Seems to be a good actor. Never seen him in anything else.

Same here. He’s like Deets. But better.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Same here. He’s like Deets. But better.

Yep. A much more harder version of Deets.
Read a news story about that actor going to the Cemetery in Weatherford, TX where Oliver Loving and his black cowboy are buried. That’s the guy Larry McMurtry based Deets character off of when he wrote Lonesome Dove.
His name was Bose Ikard

https://texoso66.com/2016/11/24/bose-ikard/

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/17/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never thought Sam Elliot to be much of an actor, but he can grow an impressive ‘stash. I think he’s about as good in this flick as any other, mediocre at best.

Not being a new aged country music fan I wasn’t aware which part Tum McGraw played. After episode II I asked my wife about him being in the show at all and she stared at me for about 15 seconds, then called me a dumbass, and informed me he played the main character. I think he plays the part okay, again, mediocre at best.

I then figured out that the gal who plays McGraw’s wife actually is McGraw’s wife. She’s doing a better job than Tum or Sam I think but nothing to write home about.

The blonde daughter is powerful easy on the eyes and she’s gonna have to do something really bad to make me not like her. I’m sure given time she’ll get that done. I kinda like the narration.

The black dude is probably the best actor on the show. I’m hoping they don’t kill him off.

They should keep that Baldwin fella off the set.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
It's only on Paramount Plus, which is a subscription streaming service. But you can do a free or low cost trial.

I know stealin isn't right, but when it's stealin from Hollywood I've justified it in my head..firestick.

Talk to me about firestick stealin'

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It isn't great, but it isn't bad. Better than 95%+ of what is otherwise offered.
If my math is correct the girl is actually 17, but I guess no one listens to her narrative but me. Unless I misheard when she said she was born a year after Appomattox and Appomattox was 18 years ago hence the 1883 (1865+18).
Yes a few errors, but nothing horrible. The 1885 could easily be replaced with a Sharps and remain period correct.
To each his own.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If it was any slower, it would be going backwards. They couldn’t possibly make it to Oregon in 5 years at the rate they’re trying to leave Texas.

If it wasn’t for saddles and guns, the show wouldn’t be worth watching for 5 minutes. The only thing worse would be to have a 6.5 Creedmoor in the show somewhere.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HitnRun
If it was any slower, it would be going backwards. They couldn’t possibly make it to Oregon in 5 years at the rate they’re trying to leave Texas.

If it wasn’t for saddles and guns, the show wouldn’t be worth watching for 5 minutes. The only thing worse would be to have a 6.5 Creedmoor in the show somewhere.

TX is 660 miles wide. And 790 miles top to bottom.

If they made 20 miles a day, which would be phenomenal time in a covered wagon pulled by two horses, that would take 33 days to cross TX. Or 39.5 days to go from south to north.
I’m guessing a trip to Oregon took at least 6 months or so.

GrandDad said he made a 120 mile trip with his Dad in our old covered wagon when he was 6 years old. Said it took them over a week. He said he walked all the way while his little sister who was 4, had to ride in the wagon.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/27/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s ok, kinda slow at times!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

If they made 20 miles a day, which would be phenomenal time in a covered wagon pulled by two horses, that would take 33 days to cross TX. Or 39.5 days to go from south to north.

GrandDad said he made a 120 mile trip with his Dad in our old covered wagon when he was 6 years old. Said it took them over a week. He said he walked all the way while his little sister who was 4, had to ride in the wagon.

Go ahead and make excuses, Lewis and Clark covered more than Texas in half the time. Not only that, Lewis and Clark avoided Texas entirely.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Go ahead and make excuses, Lewis and Clark covered more than Texas in half the time. Not only that, Lewis and Clark avoided Texas entirely.

Wasn’t a Fuqking excuse. And Lewis and Clark weren’t sent to Explore TX.
ravel by covered wagon over land was slow. Lewis & Clark covered a lot of miles in boats and on foot. Not encumbered by covered wagons carrying tenderfoot immigrants.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/27/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,353
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.