Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
I still wanna wear my chore coat, cause it’s raggedy and I like for people to think I’m from “out west”
It’s part of my ‘get up’ I already got the know-it-all asshat part down laugh

You didn't lose any of that meanness over the Holidays, did you.

He has been on a run lately!

Who's he going after this time?

I don’t even remember

Was some fouck that didnt even have his locale in his profile. Just some generic Tin Shed Ned that was all riled up a few days about snow and ice and Atlanta drivers
He dropped a couple of nuggets about Bear Claw pass or some chit.
LOL

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slugflinger
I'd read way back in the late '80s or early '90s that they were anti hunting. They had requests to make camo stuff and had refused.

I was just going to order a snap on hood for one of their coats, (supplied by my workplace without one). Guess I'll have to figure out something else.

Tempted to cut off their logo patch on the stuff I have of there's.

I have an ancient camo carhartt jacket. Kind of like the old brown duck camo, but in the military woodland colors.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Roundhouse for USA made overalls.

Thanks for posting this company. I see a new place for me to buy from in them.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My email to carharrt:

"Very disappointed to learn that your company has bowed to left wing pressure to force your employees to receive covid "vaccine" shots as a condition of continued employment; despite the fact that such a mandate by the federal government has been ruled unconstitutional. I understand that as a private employer, you are entitled to take this action, but understand that as a consumer I am entitled to purchase competing companies' products. I can tell you that your products are not indispensable to me and that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I would think that the folks who buy your products would tend to be among the more independent-minded citizens of our country. These are the very folks who most object to having the government, or the companies with whom they do business, force their fellow citizens to receive a "vaccine" which has so many questions about its safety and effectiveness. Your employees deserve better than to be subjected to this mandate."

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by joken2

My guess is Carhartt as well as other businesses doing likewise are basing a big part of their decision to enforce mandatory vaccinations for all employees on the government's own published (and highly suspect) stats of percentage of those vaccinated so far believing with so many already vaccinated and the popularity of their products it won't hurt their profits much.

I wonder how much of their decision is based on the Corporate Law Offices telling them they might get sued by a Karen because Joe that works next to her gave her the Corona, and she passed it on to her family, including little Billy and Sally.

Don't know how anyone can tell where they picked up the Wuhan for sure.

Yeah, I'm with you. I figured out awhile back, if you ain't had it yet.........................you're gonna get it one day.

Makes no difference to someone who wants to hire a lawyer to sue. I'd guess sometimes they're just happy to get an out of court settlement. The argument might be :" It must have been Joe, he works right next to my client. Prove it wasn't Joe". Doing so would cost the company some bucks. Paying Karen off might just be cheaper............................Having a vaxx mandate probably cheaper still.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I still wanna wear my chore coat, cause it’s raggedy and I like for people to think I’m from “out west”
It’s part of my ‘get up’ I already got the know-it-all asshat part down laugh

You didn't lose any of that meanness over the Holidays, did you.

He has been on a run lately!

Who's he going after this time?

I don’t even remember

Was some fouck that didnt even have his locale in his profile. Just some generic Tin Shed Ned that was all riled up a few days about snow and ice and Atlanta drivers
He dropped a couple of nuggets about Bear Claw pass or some chit.
LOL

Wouldn't matter who it was.....................or what the subject.

You juss a ol meanie.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by szihn
well then..........write them at [email protected]

Thanks for the address... just sent them a letter

"Dear Carhartt:

Thank you most kindly for making your vaccine mandate policy very clear to the General Public.

My employees and myself have been extremely loyal customers for decades.

But no longer... In fact, I just posted a "NO Carhartt Communist Clothing Work Wear Policy" for the entire construction site.

"Any man or woman wearing Carhartt Communist work wear on this site will be immediately terminated.  All subcontractors will have their contracts terminated likewise.

Thank you for your attention.

Finest regard, Leonard"

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by szihn
well then..........write them at [email protected]

Thanks for the address... just sent them a letter

"Dear Carhartt:

Thank you most kindly for making your vaccine mandate policy very clear to the General Public.

My employees and myself have been extremely loyal customers for decades.

But no longer... In fact, I just posted a "NO Carhartt Communist Clothing Work Wear Policy" for the entire construction site.

"Any man or woman wearing Carhartt Communist work wear on this site will be immediately terminated.  All subcontractors will have their contracts terminated likewise.

Thank you for your attention.

Finest regard, Leonard"

Nice!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Add another one to the list almost bought a pair of pants this morning, Glad I didn't. Screw them? Do like the Duluth stuff better!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fugg em in the neck.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Roundhouse for USA made overalls.

Thanks for posting this company. I see a new place for me to buy from in them.

+1

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Didnt the Supreme Court just shoot this down?

Kind of. Supreme Court says the Fed Gov't can't mandate it for private companies. The "ripple" is that OSHA has canceled their mandate since it doesn't have fed backing. I'm not sure if that OSHA is "Occupational" or "Oregon" .. need to re-read.

It would seem to leave employers who have mandated vax hung out to dry so far as liability if an employee is injured by / killed by the jab. Can't sue the gov't, can't sue big pharma, but the employers who mandate vax are not protected by law.

I think that is why my employer .. the HR director and VPs are careful to say compliance with vaccine policy is mandatory. The prez, who just left, kept saying vaccination mandatory, which isn't the same thing. The policy says "get vaxed or get an approved exemption." I didn't have any problem getting the exemption.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by papalondog
I have purchased Duluth stuff and been really happy with it.

Also not USA made if that's what you're looking for.

Is there a good American alternative?

I am genuinely interested.

Make sure the tractor I s warm. Gonna be nekkid.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Very hard to find all American made clothes. Even some of the Made in America clothes, when you research, will find that the fabric is imported.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Didnt the Supreme Court just shoot this down?

Kind of. Supreme Court says the Fed Gov't can't mandate it for private companies. The "ripple" is that OSHA has canceled their mandate since it doesn't have fed backing. I'm not sure if that OSHA is "Occupational" or "Oregon" .. need to re-read.

It would seem to leave employers who have mandated vax hung out to dry so far as liability if an employee is injured by / killed by the jab. Can't sue the gov't, can't sue big pharma, but the employers who mandate vax are not protected by law.

I think that is why my employer .. the HR director and VPs are careful to say compliance with vaccine policy is mandatory. The prez, who just left, kept saying vaccination mandatory, which isn't the same thing. The policy says "get vaxed or get an approved exemption." I didn't have any problem getting the exemption.

Tom

Federal

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Used to be company called WOW (Wicks Outdoor Wear)... that was better than Carhartt...

They closed (didn't sell out to BassPro or Dicks or whoever)... they just shutdown and retired.

These guys supposedly took up the fabric from WOW...

I personally cannot vouch for anything about them... but they say Made in the USA... any their fashion models are just people... so I respect the humility.

Call them and ask...

CONTACT INFO
Stone Creek Hunting Supplies
11637 Redstone Ridge Road
Hesston, PA 16647
814-627-2316
kimstonecreekhounds.com

WOW stuff was the best... back in the day.

https://www.stonecreekhounds.com/post/wick-materials-is-back

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/18/22.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I called and told them I like there stuff. Then I told them I’ll never buy their stuff again if they mandate the shot. Communism is spreading faster then COVID.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Have never bought anything Carhartt makes. Since I do not approve of Vaccine Mandates I sent them a email to let them know how I feel about what they doing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I am as well. But I don't think there is. Carhartt makes a hellova good shirt too. Too bad.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is some good news concerning the shot. One of the larger fire districts in our county hired a new fire chief. Apparently one of the first things he wanted to do was have a vaccine mandate. The Board said no and he resigned.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 54 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.