Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Our corporate shipping logistics have all had multiple days delays due to weather in the southeast (Memphis and Louisville). Calm down and wait.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mathman
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.

Problem with Bud's is that they don't stand behind anything they sell. Something wrong with what you get, and you are on your own. They won't lift a finger to help. You have to make do with the whatever warranty came with the gun in dealing with the manufacturer or importer on your own.

When I spoke to one of the Vice Presidents of Cimarron about a defective product of theirs I bought from Bud's, he told me that many people hate dealing with Bud's for that reason, i.e., their policy of washing their hands of what they sell as soon at the customer takes it home. I guess it's a fair enough business model, assuming they are clear about it up front (which they mostly are), but it doesn't earn them a wonderful reputation.

PS Cimarron is a first rate company to deal with if anything is wrong with a product they import.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am an FFL Dealer and have never had an issue with Buds. I have probably done 75 plus transfers over the years and never an issue that I recall. Don't get me started on Fedex though.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by OGB
But look...zero customer service is actually a GOOD thing...

1) If you have placed an order and received a confirmation number we do have your order. Although shipping is delayed substantially beyond our standard terms, the website is automatically securing your item(s) as they are ordered. Our limited staff is currently only reaching out to customers when there is an actual issue with their order. So... not hearing from us is actually a good thing. Repeated attempts by hundreds of thousands of people to check the status of their order is not going to help expedite anyone's order. It only makes it more difficult for us to assist those relative handful of customers who actually require human assistance to resolve an issue with their existing order.

"Hundreds of thousands" my foot!
Who do they think they are, dupont?
I'm with you, how about cash on delivery? Then my money can make me money until it's exchanged for goods.

Exactly.

If I wanted to cancel the order I'd call my credit card co. and tell them to cancel payment. Buds won't have a choice in the matter.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Back before things got stupid, Bud's was selling guns for less than distributors could. Some shops wouldn't deal with them because of it. People would come in finger-fuqk evert gun in the store and then leave and order from Bud's. If a store was big enough and busy enough, it didn't make sense for them to accept transfers from Bud's. You could have a salesman sell a gun for markup or sell the same gun for the much lower transfer fee.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by mathman
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.

Its because they claim Bud's is selling guns cheaper than everyone else. Guessing Bud's gets better prices because they buy in volume. A FFL here is pissy about it, so charges extra to do a Buds transfer. Therefore I won't do any transfer with him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh yea

I was really sticking it to MeeMaw and PeePaw’s local gun shop.

A little payback for them coxsuckers buying all the ammo at Walmart with all of their retarded trailer park extended family and reselling it triple markup. Mfers camping out in the floor of the sporting goods aisle while I was at work.

I wouldn’t even give them the benefit of a $35 patronage transfer fee.

Buy my firearms from Buds or Grabagun, cut their throats
Then let Midsouth Shooters reloading supply do my transfer for $10

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

I have bought 2-3 guns from Buds and never had an issue , maybe they were on the slow side to get stuff shipped out

Yep, same here. No issues, at all.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh yea

A little payback for them coxsuckers buying all the ammo at Walmart with all of their retarded trailer park extended family and reselling it triple markup. Mfers camping out in the floor of the sporting goods aisle while I was at work.

This....

Was nice before online sales tax and Tn getting their greedy dik beaters in it..

Its for the chillern.....

BS.
Raise money for .gov and slush fund for connected contractors....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sounds like Buds might be doing drop shipping???
Selling items they don't actually have but shipped from a wholesaler??
I think online places are supposed to divulge that either up front or during checkout prior to processing payment.

Dunno.

But the delay in shipping game should be divulged before.
They obviously know about it.
Pretty schitty of em to say it after processing and receiving payment.

They know if people know it upfront they will look elsewhere..

IC B3

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Takes one dude. Make a big pile of guns on a pallet and print shipping labels for each. Call Fed ex or ups. They pick them up.

I know because I did it.

So pretty much a bullschit excuse that they are having labor shortages.

Guess you should have paid people decently before the government tempted them to stay home.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/18/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The website says 7 business days from order. It's been 3 business days. Just sayin.'

Originally Posted by Bud's Gun Shop
We commit to ship all firearms within 7 business days of completing your order. However, our goal is always to ship ASAP.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
That's the point. It's not even been the seven business days and they are already making excuses and sending emails to cover for themselves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the point. It's not even been the seven business days and they are already making excuses and sending emails to cover for themselves.

That's called setting the correct expectations for the customer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought 20 boxes Sako 308 Win ammo from them (all same SKU) around the end of September. In stock, per the website. Same 'unprecedented delay' message a few days later. Whatever, not a pressing need so played the game. 7 weeks later receive tracking AND a second shipping charge. Tried to pull the 'parts of the order shipping from different facilities game'. Called and asked why the same SKU would be shipping from different locations and why that wouldn't have been caught initially. Hemmed and hawed, transferred and was told essentially 'they're in the mail, your card is charged - no returns on ammo'. VISA wasn't impressed - fraudulent charges refunded.

Lesson learned, no need to shop Bud's.

Last edited by hillestadj; 01/18/22.
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol how you like THOSE expectations

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well unfortunately, Bud don't own Bud's anymore. I've had the pleasure of trading guns with him face to face in years gone by, and found him to be honorable. But the business sold to what I was told was a group of physicians, and things have been different for the last 6-8 years.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.

Same here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh yea

Local place upped the Transfer to $50 when the Corona Crunch hit.

Due to extra work involved.

Went in looking for a p365x.

Got one? Nah.

Can i order one online and ship here? Sure. $50.

SMH.

So, you don’t have a gun to sell, but want to fug me on shipping one here??

Plus. In Ms with ccw you fill out the form, throw down the money and bounce. No back ground check.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, akpls, 14 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.