-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buds is a business. Sometimes they are gonna piss you off. Like every other business.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.

Same here

It’ll happen. Working on lots of stuff. FWIW - I don’t put everything in the store on the website. I need to keep some inventory to make sure customers continue to come in.

Out of curiosity, what were you looking for?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I bought a 6mm ARC rifle. Would also be interested in knowing your used stock so we can buy it online.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What all this tells me is I should get my FFL just do transfers for guns people order on line and undercut all the LGSs.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That’ll come with the new website too, but it’ll always be a challenge. Used stuff comes in one day and is normally gone the next, especially anything desirable.

We do Snapchat a bunch of used guns. Not one of my ideas, but sometimes the old man gets proved wrong by the kids. We move a bunch of stuff that way.

Was the 6ARC a Savage Axis?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes, I wanted to try out the cartridge.

Would also love to see you make some more Howa arrangements. I bought a few of those.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I need to make the drive and come visit. Just sucks that I am 7 hours away

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/18/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve bought several guns from Buds without issue but none in the last couple of years since Covid hit and they couldn’t keep anything in stock. Buds used to have some great prices their prices seem more middle of the road now but I haven’t checked recently. They were emailing me for a minute to see if I wanted to sell guns back to them due to them having no inventory about a year ago 😂

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have an FFL guy I use periodically and he said he would get me a firearm from anywhere but Buds guns.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I went into a local shop Saturday. They had ammo...and wanted $45 for a box of 9mm fmjs. I'll continue to buy online...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the nerve to bring a gun up to the counter and tell the employee I wanted to buy it - it was a new gun on a floor rack in the middle of the store, Guy working there was all put out he had to put it back, talked [bleep] about me to the guy next to him. Apparently you were supposed to bring a tag up and leave the gun there.

Last time I went to Buds.

gone are the days of just walking in and seeing a crate of whatever surplus guns and impulse buying whatever they got a scoop on.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/19/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My Step mother who lives in FL. wanted to purchase a 22 for my step sister to shoot.
I found one on gunbroker, used buy now and contacted buds with the ffl info in Florida. They sent me a message saying it was a straw man purchase....
My SM was paying for it, and doing all the paperwork at the local shop.
Still wouldn't complete the transaction and dropped the F bomb on my rate At GB.
IDIOTS

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Was the 6ARC a Savage Axis?

I bought a 6mm ARC rifle. Would also be interested in knowing your used stock so we can buy it online.

That’ll come with the new website too, but it’ll always be a challenge. Used stuff comes in one day and is normally gone the next, especially anything desirable.

We do Snapchat a bunch of used guns. Not one of my ideas, but sometimes the old man gets proved wrong by the kids. We move a bunch of stuff that way.

Whittaker's original website used gun listing back when Darrel was still alive and running the store seemed to work just fine. Was nothing fancy, just simple and about as straight forward as it could be. Added each new used listing as they came in -- removed when sold. I always used to check it daily. They had quite a high turn over in used inventory back then, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.

Same here

It’ll happen. Working on lots of stuff. FWIW - I don’t put everything in the store on the website. I need to keep some inventory to make sure customers continue to come in.

Out of curiosity, what were you looking for?

Howa Minis, Howas in general, Ruger Hawkeyes.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I love Howa Minis.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
I had the nerve to bring a gun up to the counter and tell the employee I wanted to buy it - it was a new gun on a floor rack in the middle of the store, Guy working there was all put out he had to put it back, talked [bleep] about me to the guy next to him. Apparently you were supposed to bring a tag up and leave the gun there.

Last time I went to Buds.

gone are the days of just walking in and seeing a crate of whatever surplus guns and impulse buying whatever they got a scoop on.

Went there with a young buddy who wanted to purchase a new Win 70 FWT 30-06 that they had advertised. Had cash in his pocket to seal the deal. Could not find any in the rack at the store. Two employees yakking leaning on the suppressor display. Asked them if we could see one of the Win M70's they has advertised. "Oh, those are over at the Internet Warehouse on the other side of town. We don't have any here at the store." My buddy asked if they could get one to the store for him to handle. Long story short, the only way they would bring a rifle to the brick and mortar store for my friend to handle the rifle would be for him to pay for the rifle today, and then come back three days later after they got the rifle from across town...

The last time I ever set foot in Bud's... A couple weeks later, my buddy voted with his dollars at a different retailer...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I love Howa Minis.
If you see one anywhere in Left Hand 6.5 Grendel let me know. For that matter any lightly recoiling cartridge stronger than .223/5.56 might work. My 9 y/o grand daughter is a pretty good sniper but she is decidedly left hand and left eye dominant and doesn't much like recoil (who does?). I am set up to load 6.5 Grendel and .243W and have components.

Stainless is preferred but blue will work. Willing to pay a fair price, but not willing to be gouged.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Mine is a right hander.

Have never seen a lefty.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I love Howa Minis.
If you see one anywhere in Left Hand 6.5 Grendel let me know. For that matter any lightly recoiling cartridge stronger than .223/5.56 might work. My 9 y/o grand daughter is a pretty good sniper but she is decidedly left hand and left eye dominant and doesn't much like recoil (who does?). I am set up to load 6.5 Grendel and .243W and have components.

Stainless is preferred but blue will work. Willing to pay a fair price, but not willing to be gouged.

My middle daughter is left handed, but uses a right hand Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. It was mine and she shot and loved it. She has since killed three bucks with it and would not trade it for left handed rifle.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I love Howa Minis.

My middle daughter is left handed, but uses a right hand Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. It was mine and she shot and loved it. She has since killed three bucks with it and would not trade it for left handed rifle.

That was exactly why I bought my Grendel.

It HAS to be better than giving some young kid a 94 30-30.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.