Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by hanco
[quote=stxhunter]Buzzards are on them in Burnet ten minutes after you shoot one. I’m talking hundreds of them. Rancher tries to calve about now, no black buzzards, a few Turkey bastards, that’s all.

How far north do buzzards go in the summer. Black buzzards didn’t show up until about ten years ago

Black vultures don’t move around much, they actually live in related social groups, they are heavier than turkey vultures and not as good at soaring without strong thermals. Given strong thermals they soar higher and faster than Turkey vultures. They are spreading north and increasing in many places, even in the South.

Right now they are found as far north as Southern NY/Southern New England and Southern PA across to S. Arkansas, SE Kansas and the Eastern 2/3,of Oklahoma and TX. Also parts of S.Arizona. Still absent from most of the West.

Turkey vultures, being lighter in weight with longer wings can get by in cooler climates, in summer they are found across N.America to S. Canada, retreat to a range much like that of black vulture in winter. Being more solitary and able to locate carrion by smell, they are better at surviving in desert areas where there are fewer animals per unit area to provide carrion.

Both species have benefitted enormously from the establishment of our road network.

I have noticed they have moved into south central Iowa. I didn't see them 2 years ago.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
We BS on about correct shot placement and accountability for anything that comes out of a rifle barrel, but have no problem spraying a load of 00 buck at game or No.4 shot at birds.

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

I only understand some of your posts dan and that includes back when you were still on accurate reloading.

Good memory? Haven't been on AR in over a decade, closer to to two actually.

0+0 = 0 That's what 00 Buck is good for. -Hint-
#4 shot? Goose is dead.

Perhaps your knowledge of shotguns/patterns is deficient?

#3 buck rocks
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not gut shot.

Nice shot .I have shot hogs with 00 buck, though do prefer the 15 pellet magnum load. Some do keep running though, can be difficult in a bouncing vehicle. Check my driving to the hunt thread on the Aussie forum.

And #4 shot, goose is dead? Ah, I forgot, every shot downs the bird and there are no misses in internet land. Or where it misses, NO stray pellets ever still hit the bird. Its all in the technique I guess wink

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 40 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.