Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Like I said find out who you have to pay and how much it is going to cost for a negative test. Then she can go to the airport and get out of there.

^^^ This. Everything’s for sale down there. And likely cheaper than the tests she’s taking and getting positives.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat
dang man,. sorry to hear this.

if it's any consolation..... the CURRENT mortality rate is 0.25% (2.5 people in 1000). so great survivability now compared to a year ago (about 17 people in 1000).

praying for your wife + friend + you.

Depends on whether she has Delta or Omicron and her other comorbidities.

Not letting her get meds is not good.

Contact the consulate or Rep.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Contact the Puerto Vallarta Consular Agency. Maybe they can do something to help. Hope you get her home safely soon.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Prayers for this terrible mess. Problem is, you can test positive long after being contagious. There has got to be a way to get her out of there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let the original post be a lesson to you knuckleheads

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ivermectin is available at any of the local farmacias. Which are everywhere down there. Sorry to hear about your wife. I went to Mexico a month ago. I will not go back until covid is done. They pestered us constantly about masks. Go into gas stations or even Walmart and they would say where is your mask. I got sick of it. The hotel we stayed at charged us like 40 bucks for covid tests for air travel. The airport never asked to see the tests. I got sick from something after I got back.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Like I said find out who you have to pay and how much it is going to cost for a negative test. Then she can go to the airport and get out of there.

This^^^in spades. I know a guy who did tech work down there, setting up maquiladoras, everything is for sale...everybody can be bought.....meet the price, get 'er done.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hope your wife recovers and gets back here ASAP.

"Glam" vacays to 3rd world schitholes and going on cruise ships for trips are too be advoided.

Aside from what is currently happening.

Before all this C19 persistent low level buckethead bio wpn schitt with all the crap breaking out on cruise ships.
I don't see the appeal of being around 1000,s of people literally in a floating microbe container visiting ports of call.

Too each their own.....

Last edited by renegade50; 01/19/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by erikj
https://covid19criticalcare.com/
Some of the therapeutics are easier to get in Mexico.

Everything is easier to get in Mexico.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Ivermectin is available at any of the local farmacias. Which are everywhere down there. Sorry to hear about your wife. I went to Mexico a month ago. I will not go back until covid is done. They pestered us constantly about masks. Go into gas stations or even Walmart and they would say where is your mask. I got sick of it. The hotel we stayed at charged us like 40 bucks for covid tests for air travel. The airport never asked to see the tests. I got sick from something after I got back.

I've been to MX 36 times. Have no idea why TF you even went down there right now.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Hope your wife recovers and gets back here ASAP.

"Glam" vacays to 3rd world schitholes and going on cruise ships for trips are too be advoided.

Aside from what is currently happening.

Before all this C19 persistent low level buckethead bio wpn schitt with all the crap breaking out on cruise ships.
I don't see the appeal of being around 1000,s of people literally in a floating microbe container visiting ports of call.

Too each their own.....

NO kidding. You couldn't pay me to do that.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Prayers for you and your wife. Hope everything works well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Charter a plane with the other gal and get her the hell out of there. Call the consulate if they give you any BS. My guess is Mexico doesn't want here there either if she's got Covid.

US won’t let her back in until she tests negative.

They will give her a free education and healthcare if she enters illegally.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Ask the resort if they can get you in touch with a nurse that can bring in meds for her. Or a pharmacy that offers delivery. Since she can't leave you need someone on the outside. Call the resort and talk to them. I'm sure they'd love to be able to say there's no one here with covid, so I would think they'd help you find a way.

Wish I knew anyone there that could help but I don't.

LOL
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Get her out to the Tequila factory a few miles out of town. Really good stuff and after the sampling the Covid won't matter! smile

OK- making light of the problem..... good luck with it all.

But that T is some REALLY good stuff!.. I had a tiny sip out of the 5 or 6 offerings (I no longer drink), and my lips were numb. Tasted good too, and T was never my drink. That is real tequila - not the stuff you buy in the local liquor store.

We took the same chance on Covid going to Africa on photo safari in Nov., (not a "good deal", monetarily), but Africa is worth the chance. It worked out well. We came back just as the new flavor of the month was hitting. 26 people off a SA flight were quaranteened in Amsterdam the day before we passed through.

Not so sure about Mexico - going there in 2 weeks. Again.

And yes, we were fully vaxxed, which to most here appears to be a death sentence in itself. Time will tell. Or not, perhaps, considering the honesty of the medical elite and media, currently and most likely henceforth.

NZ, if we can next year, then I'm done leaving the US, except maybe Canada.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Chartering a plane is out of the question, I checked. USA will not allow you into the country without a negative covid test. I checked into it this morning. She had a doctor come to the resort this morning and he treated her with ivermectin and is already feeling better. I think most is mental because the doctor said her lungs were clear and it was most likely the Omicrom variant. Sore, sore throat, aches, and chills, She should feel better tomorrow. Thank God! I was worried sick all night and I think her worry was getting the best of her. Doctor will be back tomorrow and let her know when she can leave after a negative test. Hoping it's 5 days and not ten. BTY she said the doctor was great and only charged $100.00 for a house call!

Thanks for all your prayers, seem as though they worked,

Don't tell Joe and Fauci she was treated with ivemection!

Last edited by Switch; 01/19/22.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Man I feel bad for you and your family, with that being said I ain't going anywhere out of the good ol USA. As a matter of fact, I won't even travel to or through blue states.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That's good news

Originally Posted by Switch
Chartering a plane is out of the question, I checked. USA will not allow you into the country without a negative covid test. I checked into it this morning. She had a doctor come to the resort this morning and he treated her with ivermectin and is already feeling better. I think most is mental because the doctor said her lungs were clear and it was most likely the Omicrom variant. Sore, sore throat, aches, and chills, She should feel better tomorrow. Thank God! I was worried sick all night and I think her worry was getting the best of her. Doctor will be back tomorrow and let her know when she can leave after a negative test. Hoping it's 5 days and not ten. BTY she said the doctor was great and only charged $100.00 for a house call!

Thanks for all your prayers, seem as though they worked,

Don't tell Joe and Fauci she was treated with ivemection!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Probably receive better medical care in Puerto Vallarta than you would in a lot of places in the US. The Jalisco Cartel runs a tight ship and keeps that place nice for all the tourists.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Is your wife a US citizen?

MAGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,109 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,480
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.