Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
On Thursday I had 5 employees. 1 tested positive on Friday, another Saturday, another was on vacation Mon-Weds, and another exhibited symptoms yesterday and has to get tested.

So right now I’m working with one other person. I had no way to know I’d be in this situation if you’d have asked Thursday morning.

This COVID bs has got to stop. It’s screwing everyone.

Because I’ve experienced this a few times now, I’m more understanding when hit by its ramifications from the other side. I’ve had people get pretty pissed at me about the situation but I’m just doing my best with what little the regs give me to work with.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I love Howa Minis.
If you see one anywhere in Left Hand 6.5 Grendel let me know. For that matter any lightly recoiling cartridge stronger than .223/5.56 might work. My 9 y/o grand daughter is a pretty good sniper but she is decidedly left hand and left eye dominant and doesn't much like recoil (who does?). I am set up to load 6.5 Grendel and .243W and have components.
Stainless is preferred but blue will work. Willing to pay a fair price, but not willing to be gouged.

My middle daughter is left handed, but uses a right hand Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. It was mine and she shot and loved it. She has since killed three bucks with it and would not trade it for left handed rifle.
My grand daughter chose the RH .223 I have over her Dad's LH Tikka .308W because of recoil. She haughtily told me she only needed one shot, which turned out to be true but we got no exit, no blood trail, and the buck made a good 100 yard runoff. Flinching from recoil is much better avoided than cured. I've loaded some 130 grain Cutting Edge Bullets for the .308 with a reduced load of H4895. That might take care of the issue. If it does we will just appropriate Dad's .308 and he can use the LH .270 I gave him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Went there with a young buddy who wanted to purchase a new Win 70 FWT 30-06 that they had advertised. Had cash in his pocket to seal the deal. Could not find any in the rack at the store. Two employees yakking leaning on the suppressor display. Asked them if we could see one of the Win M70's they has advertised. "Oh, those are over at the Internet Warehouse on the other side of town. We don't have any here at the store." My buddy asked if they could get one to the store for him to handle. Long story short, the only way they would bring a rifle to the brick and mortar store for my friend to handle the rifle would be for him to pay for the rifle today, and then come back three days later after they got the rifle from across town...

The last time I ever set foot in Bud's... A couple weeks later, my buddy voted with his dollars at a different retailer...

Not defending Bud's because I don't like them, but they do state on their website that their B&M stores may not have the same inventory. I don't understand the "cash in pocket" comment. I hope you have money if you want to buy something. I doubt if they could just rush over and get a gun from the warehouse. If they are set up properly, they have separate FFLs for each of their different stores and one for their internet sales. If your friend told them that he wanted to "handle" one, that is a tire-kicker comment. I'm sure it would feel just like every other M70 FWT ever made.

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Maybe but the fwt is walnut and I would be very interested in seeing the actual rifle I was buying. Also, he means cash in pocket, as in, not tire kicking, ready to buy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need to quit testing and if no fever, go to work! Covid is a has been.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...interesting-interview-covid#Post16857332

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by efw
On Thursday I had 5 employees. 1 tested positive on Friday, another Saturday, another was on vacation Mon-Weds, and another exhibited symptoms yesterday and has to get tested.

So right now I’m working with one other person. I had no way to know I’d be in this situation if you’d have asked Thursday morning.

This COVID bs has got to stop. It’s screwing everyone.

Because I’ve experienced this a few times now, I’m more understanding when hit by its ramifications from the other side. I’ve had people get pretty pissed at me about the situation but I’m just doing my best with what little the regs give me to work with.

Buds suxed ass BEFORE covid. Always very slow shipping, have to wait till the money hit their account ya know. F them. I buy from anywhere else, the gun is in the mail sometimes as soon as the same day. Buds can suck my dick.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have purchased a rifle and a shotgun from Buds. Didn't have a whisp of a problem with either transaction.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 81 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.