Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...es-and-sheepdogs-in-colleyville-n1550350

Wolves and Sheepdogs in Colleyville
BY RABBI MICHAEL BARCLAY JAN 17, 2022 6:36 PM ET

When I was ordained as a Rabbi, a speaker told our graduating class that we were now all “officers in God’s army.” I was blessed last month to attend my friend, Pastor Rob McCoy’s Christmas service, where he delivered a beautiful homily on sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. His teaching was that most people are sheep who just want to live their lives. There are wolves who want to attack them, and there are sheepdogs that serve the shepherd (God) and protect against the wolves. No matter the faith tradition or organization, the leaders have supposedly taken on the obligation and privilege to protect and serve the community and individuals against the “wolves.”

We have all watched our governmental leaders reject this age-old practice, choosing to be wolves rather than protect each individual. They seek aggrandizement and power over the good of the ones they are meant to protect. It is sad to say, but all too often this has now become commonplace even with clergy, who choose to support the wolves rather than have the awareness required for protection. And even worse, use any attack of the wolves for their own purposes.

Most synagogues I know of have armed security present, with guards and/or people with CCWs. With the attacks in Poway, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, and more over the last few years, this is a sad requirement based on the wisdom of survival. As Golda Meir famously said, “If the Palestinians lay down their weapons, there will be peace. If the Israelis lay down their weapons, there will be a massacre.” All sensible Rabbis recognize this sad truth and act accordingly.

So how did the tragedy in Colleyville come about?

Most people don’t want to be honest, and it’s appropriate that this thesis be presented by Jewish clergy as opposed to other non-Jews, but had this Rabbi done his duty as a sheepdog for his people, it is doubtful the crisis would have happened.

I am so grateful that Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker and his community are now safe, and I pray that he, his family, and his community heal and are strengthened after the horrors of the past weekend. And I hope that all religious communities, especially synagogues and Rabbis, remember this terrible incident as they discuss physical protection for their communities.

It is a reality that there are wolves at the door. There are anti-Semites who justify in their deranged consciousness that they should kill Jews. Even though it doesn’t fit into the leftist narrative, the vast majority of these terrorists are Islamic jihadists of one sort or another. This is not a condemnation of the Muslim world or Islam, and in fact, there is also beauty to be found in some of the spiritual teachings of the religion. (For years, I studied the spiritual writings of the Sufi mystic Rumi every morning.) But the majority of the attacks are either from secular extremists who hate religion or Islamic extremists who despise Western values.

The clergy, and all of us, need to be vigilant sheepdogs who seek peace and are simultaneously prepared to protect our communities. Both during a crisis and immediately following one.

We are already seeing how so much of the media, and even the FBI, are trying to spin what happened in Colleyville. They are saying it was “political” and not “anti-Semitic.” They are blaming it not on hate, but the terrorist’s “mental health challenges.” And soon, we will probably see this horrific event transformed into a call for more gun control, even though Biden has already admitted that the terrorist bought his weapons illegally. But since the idea of an Islamic terrorist taking a synagogue hostage to achieve a ransom of releasing one of the world’s largest terrorists from her prison sentence does not fit into the leftist narrative, we will undoubtedly see in the coming days and months this crisis in Colleyville being used for a political agenda.

Again, it is important to step back and be honest. Although Rabbi Walker is now expressing gratitude for the anti-shooter training that religious communities learn for his survival, we need to all ask ourselves if this situation would even have occurred if there had been armed security at the synagogue.

My prayers go out to the Rabbi, and I hope this crisis has made him reevaluate his values. According to a past member of the congregation, Rabbi Walker “called Israel an apartheid state against Islam,” and “didn’t allow his members to be armed during services.” Seemingly, this Rabbi was supportive of the recent school walkout in Colleyville to urge stricter gun control. And the Rabbi’s relationships with Islamic extremists who hate Israel is well documented.

There is an adage that if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas. The recent horrors in Colleyville remind us as well that if a sheepdog lays down with wolves, the sheep will be unprotected.

Clergy and all leaders are obligated to stand up for what is right and protect the individuals and community. That is our responsibility. Our job is not to pacify the wolves, and in trying, we will lose sight of one of our primary responsibilities.

When supposed leaders become pacifiers of hate, they have stopped being sheepdogs protecting the flock and have become wolves themselves.

May we all stay safe and protected from the dangers around us, and may all of our leaders have the courage to do what is right, protect their communities, and be honest in the face of evil.

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It gets kinda confusing, what with the whole "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thing, but Im pretty sure, (certain) that if it came to it, there would be a dead muslim to clean up.

2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping more Jewish Americans will stop voting.... well, stupid. Fingers crossed

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I question anyone that finds beauty in the teachings of islam.

Sam......

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Huntaholic
It gets kinda confusing, what with the whole "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thing, but Im pretty sure, (certain) that if it came to it, there would be a dead muslim to clean up.

I believe that means, not to murder for no reason. Self defense or protecting others is another thing.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Like I said the other day, a shoulder holster for the rabbi, a guy at the door with an AR, etc.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Islam is a religion of might makes right and Theocratic run Government.
With the ultimate goal of worldwide dominance.

All about power...

Any religon here in the U.S. should have armed attendees at their services in this day and age.

One gun is better than none.
Even more is better....

Last edited by renegade50; 01/19/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never understood the passive, liberal, pussified, nature of
American Jews. So many tell of threads to to Holocaust, you would
think that would stiffen their backs and raise their blood pressure.

Instead, they want to disarm all the law abiders. And go easy on
every criminal.

They sure don't have the fortitude of the Israelis!

I'm my short sting as a security guard, it was always on my mind that
the retarded shirt and badge could be a problem. Can't imagine being
a Rabbi and not being armed almost all the time.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"kill'' is a translation problem. In the original Hebrew it says you shall not MURDER. That's something else entirely. Self defense isn't murder.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Big diff between kill and murder.

Kill is justified in most instances
And murder is not justified in most instances.

If you aint carrying in a state where you are allowed too in this day and age.
You are not very tuned in to this nation.

Whether it be flyover america or urban america.
That one time in a million you might need a gun and aint got it on ya.
Is gonna bite ya in the azz.

Better to have a gun, than none.

Even a .22 pocket pistol can give ya chance at being a continuing 02 consumer....

I don't understand not carrying a gun in a state where you have the right too.
It boggles my mind.

A sheeple kinda thing.
Then they turn into victims when that 1 in a million incident goes down.

Waiting on LE to respond is a very weak and iffy option at best....

Last edited by renegade50; 01/19/22.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I'm hoping more Jewish Americans will stop voting.... well, stupid. Fingers crossed

This ^^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking

I believe that means, not to murder for no reason. Self defense or protecting others is another thing.

True, the commandment in Hebrew was "Thou shall not murder." A big difference between "murder," and "self defense."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The true meaning of the original scripture and law is "thou shalt not murder", kill is not the word. Big difference. Wolves need killing.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no "thou shall not kill" thing.

There is a "Thou shall not commit murder" thing

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What David, et al said. I too read somewhere that the commandment actually translates to "Thou shalt not murder". That protects not only the tribe, but defenseless enemy and strangers as well.

That is much more sensible than "Thou shalt not kill".

And indeed, there was apparently no problem with the Hebrews killing their enemies at every turn as need (self defense) , politics, territory issues came up. And ever since, for everyone.

Last edited by las; 01/19/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
In liberal Mass. you can get a LTC. I got my first one in 1983 as a non-resident soldier, then a resident. I vowed long ago to never give up the ability to protect me and mine.

No man should ever depend on someone else to protect him or his own.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Until I was 25, I thought I was Ukranian Jew, then my Mom came clean, I'm actually just an American bastard. But I was brought up semi-kosher and my Jewish relatives don't know the secret. What I can say firsthand is most Jews are urban, and Jews in general are insular, trying to keep the breed going so to speak. My cousin lived with her hubby and raised two great kids in like 500 square feet in the mid-Fifties Manhattan. It's a totally different world experience than mine, for sure. They can't get their heads around the idea of killing a deer, gutting it out and eating it, although they "respected" the idea. Same with guns for self defense, they live in a safe, uppity part of Manhattan, they're in "media" production support roles and that's their world, so they can't relate first hand. Your environment DOES shape you.
Yep, they've made the pilgrimage to Israel, but it was four and five star tourism. And they are actually ambivalent about Israel's right to exist. I stomped on that pretty hard the last time I was there, the argument that struck home was the simple fact that Israel is the only part of the Med that even comes CLOSE to First World status. With that in hindsight, I really think it should be a matter of course that American Jews put in their two years with the IDF before going to law or medical school.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not to judge, but if my body is his temple, and I keep it on the map a little longer....

It was his plan. Just doing God's work.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
"kill'' is a translation problem. In the original Hebrew it says you shall not MURDER. That's something else entirely. Self defense isn't murder.

Amen. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

He never said dont kill. He had his own people kill others in wars. He said for the church elders to hunt down and stone murderers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The self-proclaimed protector of the flock FBI has their false flag stink all over this Colleyville episode.
Compelling link

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.