Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We've had to do it many times but put on our Costco CC even though we don't have to. We play it off immediately but get a cash refund at the end of the year.

Same here.

The neighbor has a boat, camper, diesel truck, ATV.,2 mules,horse trailer, and a bunch of other toys. He goes hunting and fishing all the time, his wife travels all over, he is always broke and complains he can't afford anything

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/19/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I could if someone would loan me $990.00.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can, but I have noticed that I have had to dip into our "nest egg" more this year than any year since we've had the nest egg. It won't even be a quail egg if this crap keeps going.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/19/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not all that surprised.

We live in a low wage service jobs society. Nearly all of my day to day purchases and transactions from buying groceries, to fast food, family type restaurants, gun stores, hardware stores, clothes, fuel, appliances and household items ect, ect. Hardly any of the employees own the business or sell products manufactured here. It’s nearly all at or just above minimum wage workers employed by a big box or chain store selling products manufactured in China. It’s probably that way for almost all of us.

Unless I’m going to see my doctor or a lawyer odds are pretty good that the person I’m buying a product or service from probably makes very little money with a few rich folks at the top of corporate ownership.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
If a $1000 will fix it, it ain't really an emergency.

laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'll have to ask my wife.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just remember this. Think about how dumb the average person is. And then consider that half the people are dumber then that person. And there's your answer.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Being broke is often passed down from generation to generation. I can’t wrap my head around it but people just live like that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A close friend of my GF lives in a 2+ million dollar home, three Mercedes, and lots and lots of flash and bling.

Her husband is a veterinarian who "left" his practice (seems he was forced out) and was without work for two months. They wound up returning the cars (all were leased), a 30+ ft boat (I doubt it was paid for), and most of her high priced jewelry in order to keep paying the mortgage and school fees for their kid. That pretty much demonstrates the lack of fiscal discipline that the majority of Americans possess - regardless of your income bracket.

Hate to see people in that position, but they sort of did it to themselves. Can't imagine the pressure of living so far beyond your means just to impress others.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m not all that surprised.

We live in a low wage service jobs society. Nearly all of my day to day purchases and transactions from buying groceries, to fast food, family type restaurants, gun stores, hardware stores, clothes, fuel, appliances and household items ect, ect. Hardly any of the employees own the business or sell products manufactured here. It’s nearly all at or just above minimum wage workers employed by a big box or chain store selling products manufactured in China. It’s probably that way for almost all of us.

Unless I’m going to see my doctor or a lawyer odds are pretty good that the person I’m buying a product or service from probably makes very little money with a few rich folks at the top of corporate ownership.

I disagree.
I know virtually all of my nieces and nephews (about 25 people) are in their mid 30s to mid 50s. None of them come from money, at all. Eighty percent of them have nice homes, decent cars, very good careers. A couple have likely moved in to seven figures net worth, and all of the rest of the 80% are doing quite well and $1000 in unplanned expense would be a non issue. The other 20%, all from one “non father” and wife are just getting by, because they were not raised right. Also I know a lot of other non relatives that are not top echelon in their job/career, that are doing pretty well.
You don’t have to be a doctor, lawyer or corporate exec to do well in the USA, but being stupid financially makes for a rough life.

NRA Patron
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Most of them have $800 smart phones and buy Starbucks type drinks daily.

Don't forget Red Bull, etc., and Smart Water....

And alcohol, pot, etc.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sadly, I'm not surprised. The very essence of being a liberal means no consequences for your schitty life choices. About 43% of the nation identifies or leans 'democrat'. So it's really no great mystery at all.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Why? It's an honest answer to the thread title question.

Sometimes less is more!

Haha!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
Being broke is often passed down from generation to generation. I can’t wrap my head around it but people just live like that.

Ilove the quote "If you wake up in the morning broke, you shouldn't have been sleeping"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Most of them have $800 smart phones and buy Starbucks type drinks daily.

Don't forget Red Bull, etc., and Smart Water....

And alcohol, pot, etc.

You lost me at "alcohol"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
If a $1000 will fix it, it ain't really an emergency.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelruger22
Just remember this. Think about how dumb the average person is. And then consider that half the people are dumber then that person. And there's your answer.

That is sig line material right there....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I'll have to ask my wife.

Hahahah, best answer. laugh

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
A close friend of my GF lives in a 2+ million dollar home, three Mercedes, and lots and lots of flash and bling.

Her husband is a veterinarian who "left" his practice (seems he was forced out) and was without work for two months. They wound up returning the cars (all were leased), a 30+ ft boat (I doubt it was paid for), and most of her high priced jewelry in order to keep paying the mortgage and school fees for their kid. That pretty much demonstrates the lack of fiscal discipline that the majority of Americans possess - regardless of your income bracket.

Hate to see people in that position, but they sort of did it to themselves. Can't imagine the pressure of living so far beyond your means just to impress others.

See this everyday in the building industry. People buy to impress. And one little thing goes wrong they lose everything .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No smoking in this thread, there's so many strawmen we'd have an inferno in no time.

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.