Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Y’all better quit it. Your gonna make WATCH4QUEERS cry. Again. 😜

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NRA = Negotiating Rights Away

GOA all the way.

Edit: I became a life member of NRA in my teens or early 20s. I've just not been happy with them at all.

Last edited by Fiddy; 11/15/21.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Because “they” is him!

Touche'...

Yep, it's evidently a top down organization, the Board, it seems, is just window dressing.

Wayne's there for the duration, well as long as the ship is afloat.

DF

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Tell them I said to kiss you and me on the rusty grommet. Unless and until they rid themselves and us, of Wayne.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Tell them I said to kiss you and me on the rusty grommet. Unless and until they rid themselves and us, of Wayne.

Yeah, as an Endowment Member, I think I've bought enough "stuff" for Wayne.

He and them are on their own as far as I'm concerned. They're off my payroll, for sure.

DF

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They called me on Sunday looking for money for a campaign. I told them a phone call on a Sunday was not appreciated. I blocked their number but they will get around that as well.

My gun club requires NRA membership as well as a concealed carry permit(or evidence of a handgun permit) to even get considered. 4 year backlog for membership.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got the nicest email from NRA. Wayne is encouraging me to include the NRA in my estate planning. I do not plan to participate. But fair warning to those of you who do. If you want NRA to pay their share of probate expenses you had better be very explicit in your instructions in your will that anyone benefitting from your estate pays and put the words "this requirement includes the NRA" . I can tell you from personal experience they will weasel out and refuse to pay if they can. I helped settle an elder cousin's estate and he inserted the words expected to pay instead of required to pay and the NRA would not pay.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Name one good thing the NRA did for gun owners. I'm seventy-seven and can't remember one.

I don't know that I'd say the NRA did it, but my gun club requires NRA membership for club membership / range use because the club's liability insurance is through the NRA. No membership = no shoot here. Since it's the only range in reasonable distance other than "the suicide range" (with the sloppy gun handling, people shooting while others are downrange pulling targets, etc, the name is well-earned) I'll maintain my NRA membership, Wayne or no Wayne.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Name one good thing the NRA did for gun owners. I'm seventy-seven and can't remember one.

I don't know that I'd say the NRA did it, but my gun club requires NRA membership for club membership / range use because the club's liability insurance is through the NRA. No membership = no shoot here. Since it's the only range in reasonable distance other than "the suicide range" (with the sloppy gun handling, people shooting while others are downrange pulling targets, etc, the name is well-earned) I'll maintain my NRA membership, Wayne or no Wayne.

Tom

Similar situation for me as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sent my renewal back with a note that ,I'll not renew until wayne is gone

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They called me the other day dunning for money. I asked the caller 'Is Wayne still there?" Kid said "yes". I said "I'll donate when he's gone."

Tarquin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dale06

I believe they have contributed to many political campaigns of pro 2A candidates.

No doubt.
They also gave people like D Mark Begich an “A” rating based on their lies on a questionnaire. The NRA seal of approval was then bandied about during the US Senate campaign. Somehow, NRA was unaware
of little marky’s membership in Bloomberg’s mayors against guns group, when marky was Anchorage mayor.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I believe they have contributed to many political campaigns of pro 2A candidates.

Believe or not the NRA was instrumental in Getting Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders elected

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I guess they didn't get the message the previous two times I told them I was done. As long as they continue to send postage paid envelopes I'll keep trying to help them get a clue.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

laughing! That's what I do.

Xoxo....Paul.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When I hear the opposition complain about the GOA I will join but I always hear the opposition complaining about the NRA.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Though, like most, I share the negative sentiment about Wayne I'll continue to contribute towards the 2nd amendment cause, which like it or not is spearheaded by the NRA.

In addition, I'd encourage you to give to the GOA.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Years before Wayne got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, I became a "Life Member". Little did I know what a scam that was. I mean so much to the NRA, they still send me membership drive and renewal junk mail every year as if I was a total stranger. Now, anytime I can get one of their "postage paid" envelopes, I use it to send them a nasty gram about their golden boy and his minions.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/19/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They contributed a lot to Harry Reid, does that count?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

Believe or not the NRA was instrumental in Getting Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders elected

Favorite quote by some folks I know. The Democrats left me, I did not leave the Party.
Democrats have not always been anti Second amendment. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by ribka

Favorite quote by some folks I know. The Democrats left me, I did not leave the Party.
Democrats have not always been anti Second amendment. Hasbeen

That was Ronald Reagan said that, right?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.