Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't sound like it has much over a 270 Winchester or WSM.

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/releases/bff970c4-29eb-4622-a3e5-cbe88f0210fc

GARLAND, Texas — Texas-based advanced defense technology company True Velocity announced Monday that civilian shooters will now have access to a commercial version of the 6.8TVC cartridge the company initially designed for the U.S. Army’s Next Generation Squad Weapon program. The announcement came immediately following a vote by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI) board of directors to accept the new cartridge and publish its specifications.

The 6.8TVC is a composite-cased round offering significant weight reduction, improved accuracy, and extended range versus comparable brass-cased cartridges. True Velocity introduced the 6.8TVC cartridge for SAAMI certification at a maximum average pressure of 65,000 psi with a 135-grain bullet at a velocity of 3,000 feet per second. It is the first composite-cased cartridge to be accepted for SAAMI certification.

True Velocity, which has for multiple years produced cartridges for American and allied warfighters, plans to add the 6.8TVC cartridge to a commercial lineup available direct to consumer via the company’s Web site (tvammo.com), as well as at retail locations nationwide. The company is working with a growing list of preeminent rifle manufacturers the likes of Daniel Defense, Beretta USA and Lewis Machine & Tool to develop rifles or conversion kits for the 6.8TVC cartridge. True Velocity will offer special ammunition subscriptions to customers who purchase these 6.8TVC rifles and conversion kits, providing a discount off regular retail price and direct-to-consumer delivery.

True Velocity subsidiary LoneStar Future Weapons also plans to launch a commercial version of the RM-277 bullpup rifle it developed and submitted for the Next Generation Squad Weapon Program in conjunction with the military version of the 6.8TVC cartridge. LSFW and True Velocity are currently one of two remaining contenders for the NGSW program.

“What we’re doing is putting the performance of the most advanced ammunition ever created for U.S. troops into the hands of discerning shooters who want to hit their target every time,” said Kevin Boscamp, CEO of True Velocity. “Without question, the future of shooting sports and performance can be found in our proprietary composite-cased rounds. SAAMI’s certification of the 6.8TVC is further evidence of the adoption we are seeing for composite-cased ammunition.”

SAAMI is an association of the nation’s leading manufacturers of firearms, ammunition and components. The U.S. federal government tasks SAAMI to create and promote technical, performance and safety standards for firearms, ammunition, and components, as well as to be the preeminent global resource for the safe and responsible transportation, storage, and use of these products.

The 6.8TVC round will be coming to major U.S. retailers in 2022 and will be available on True Velocity’s online store in the coming weeks. Those in attendance at SHOT Show from Jan. 18-21 hosted at the Venetian Expo and Caesars Forum in Las Vegas can stop by the True Velocity booth (#13454) to see the ammunition firsthand or sign up at tvammo.com to be among the first alerted for purchase opportunities.

To schedule an interview with True Velocity leadership at SHOT Show 2022, please contact EVP of Marketing Nick McGarry at nmcgarrytvammo.com.

About True Velocity:

True Velocity is an advanced technology and composite manufacturing company based in Garland, Texas. Founded in 2010, True Velocity has more than 300 patents pending or issued on its products, technology, and manufacturing processes. Initially, the company is focused on revolutionizing the ammunition industry. True Velocity’s proprietary composite cartridge provides significant logistical advantages over traditional brass-cased ammunition and gives end users unmatched accuracy, repeatability, and reliability, all in a lightweight cartridge. True Velocity products are manufactured in the U.S. in a state-of-the-art facility and are currently available to public agencies, at select retail locations, and direct-to-consumer at tvammo.com.

Last edited by Tyrone; 01/19/22.

Politics is War by Other Means
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is it rainbow colored?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oohhh, you can get an ammo SUBSCRIPTION! That’s a solution to a problem I’ll never have.....!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
So what? 135 grain bullet at 3000 fps. Yawn.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
So what? 135 grain bullet at 3000 fps. Yawn.

If it will do that from an AR-15, I would be impressed.

Otherwise, it's a twin to a couple million 270s all over the globe.

But hey, it will put a stop to us handloaders. A liberal's dream.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's about the weight.

135 at 3K would make an impression on somebody....plus it's a SAW replacement so short barrel too.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, I thought the whole idea behind it was for U.S. ground solders to get more range out of their weapon without carrying a boat load of extra weight, that's all.

Many other options on the sporting side of things for the rest of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like Sig chambered some extreme lightweight mtn rifle for it...It's fuzzy now.

I know with linked ammo the less weight the gun has to pull up outta the can or box the better!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 72 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.