-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just recently sent a Rem 700 off to Oregon to JES and have him rebore it from 30-06 to 338-06. It got hung up in Whitefish MT. It finally showed delivered to JES on Sunday the 16th and signed for my CJUMBY whoever that it. I really don't trust FedEx so I called the Number for JES on Monday and left a msg asking someone to call me back and confirm delivery / possession of my rifle. I called again today and left another msg asking again for him to call me back to confirm the delivery. Those of you that have had reboring done by him, does he normally call you to tell you he got the gun or does he call you before he sends it back ? I really don't like being in the dark about something I have no idea of its whereabouts or the status.

Am I overthinking this ? Should I just be patient and wait, but for how long? I don't want to be a bother to the man but I would at least like to know. The reason I ask these questions is because If FedEx messed up and delivered it to the wrong address I'd like to start the process of tracking it down / or filing a claim to get my insurance from the package back.

Please if you have experience with JES, share your thoughts on what I should do.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fed Ex? delivered on a Sunday? you should be concerned. The confirmation sig though, by a little stretch of the imagination does kinda resemble 'Jesse Ocumpah' (sp?)

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a box delivered by FedEx last Sunday..... I was surprised by the Sunday delivery obviously the shippers are having to deliver 7 days a week to be competative.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He didn't call me when he received my rifle. He did call me when he encountered a problem with what I requested done and when he finished. If you left a couple messages I'm sure he'll get back with you when he has the time.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FedEx has delivered on sundays for a while now, couple of years. No help on the JES part though.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just got a voice-mail from Jesse, and he said my package arrived safely. I mightve been over concerned but man I can't begin to say how much I feel better by knowing it's with him and not on someone else's porch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He didn't call me when he shipped my rifle back.I was quite surprised when I received my rifle in ten to fourteen days from the time I shipped it from South Texas to Oregon and back to me.He wrote a note he shot it with 51.0grs of Varget and a 250gr bullet and it shot well.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.