Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Guy offered me a 2008 Dodge 2500 6.7 Cummins Megacab the other day for trade (trade and out of pocket would be at $30k). I know you said SUV, but a Megacab is almost that and the 6.7 drive train is considerably more. I declined.

Hrrmmm.

What’s an 08 dodge mega cab 4x4 6.7. Emissions bs ripped off. Programmer. 150k miles.

Worth?

#askingforafriend.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Guy offered me a 2008 Dodge 2500 6.7 Cummins Megacab the other day for trade (my trade PLUS my out of pocket... would value his truck at $30k). I know you said SUV, but a Megacab is almost that and the 6.7 drive train is considerably more. I declined.

Hrrmmm.

What’s an 08 dodge mega cab 4x4 6.7. Emissions bs ripped off. Programmer. 150k miles.

Worth?

#askingforafriend.

Corrected... sorry if I caused confusion.

It was a monster built truck and drivetrain (maybe $20k in upgrades)... It did have 216k miles (which is nothing at all on a Cummins IMHO). Built by a gear head and fabricator... VERY CLEAN. 10" lift kit was the turnoff for me on a trade... that and some dumbazz fancy rims and tires. Amelia Virginia... if you want a POC drop a PM.

As for the value of yours... probably $30k... maybe more.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/19/22.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Suburban.

New motor and/or trans for your present rig. Seriously.

Yep.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Heym06
With fuel costs going sky high. You might have lots of choices next year at this time. Check banks and credit unions for repos.

I AGREE WITH THAT WISDOM TO THE CORE...

Someone mentioned the Nissan Armada... I was running the ground support motor pool at Stennis near Waveland Mississippi after Katrina. Nissan had a plant somewhere nearby and donated 3 Infinity QX-56s to us (they were perfect, but failed QC on fit and finish and were headed to the muncher after our use).

Anyway... handing a wildland firefighter (deployed to help with cleanup) the keys to a mint QX-56 and saying go ahead and fugg it up all you want (BUT don't blow the tires (BIG MONEY!!!)) is some of the funniest chit I have ever seen. Those guys were in hog heaven tearing up $70k (?) SUVs. TOUGH VEHICLES... VERY TOUGH, but I think they like 93 octane IIRC... so there is that. Toward the end of the deployments I pulled the dipstick on one engine... almost stuck the oil was so bad... and roofing tar viscosity. Tough stuff.

That's where a Land Cruiser shines. Built to last 25 years in the most inhospitable terrain in the world.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Get her a Hyundai Santa Fe. I guarantee you won't regret it. Was in the exact same position last year and found my wife a 2018 with 38k miles on it for less than $25k. We absolutely love it, it's nice but not fancy or flashy and the features are user friendly. Upper 20's for mpg with plenty of go when you need it. Back seats recline for passengers and are very comfortable. Try one out and see for yourself.

No disrespect intended.

She needs a rig which will TOW the Santa Fe,,,,,,,, sitting on a two ton tandem axle implement trailer.

She spent years hitching and hauling a stock trailer to 4H meetings 2 or 3 times a week, all summer long, with her beloved K5 Blazer. We hauled many dozens of 3 cord loads of wood home from the mountains in steep Idaho terrain with that Blazer over a ten year period. That poor thing was our farm truck. And did a damned fine job of it hitched to the appropriate trailer.

The factory tow rating on the Yukon/Tahoe runs up to about 8000 lb. Some of the Toyota SUVs are nearly equivalent. I am sure I will find her something. Or again, dump a schittton of cash into her Durango.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
None taken, I don't GAS what your old lady drives. I figured just because she'd done all that hauling for so long that chapter was behind her with kids growd or somethin. I know if I was going to go get wood I wouldn't be making my wife drive or load and unload that much herself. Given your parameters there's not a lot of options so it shouldn't be too many places to look.

Curious about the 4H program that requires that much hauling of stock multiple times a week. There's none in our state that require that much. Heck even rodeoing the kids around here don't need that much truckin. Good luck in your search, perhaps a pickup would give more options. My V10 is as comfortable as anything and the controls are all about the same as on the Santa Fe for when mama needs to pull something. Sounds like our situation might be different. We don't haul that much stock or wood, but we do pull the boat, it's cheaper with the Hyundai.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
4H program?

Three kids and three horses doing horse 4H with meetings 2/week and competitions on weekends.
While I was working shifts.

And I have a truck. A K 2500HD which carries a cab over camper.

One lady's idea of a car is not necessarily the same as another lady's.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DJTex
I’d start nationwide autotrader searches for low mile, southern state, rust free 2000-2002 (and first half of 2003) 4wd, 7.3 Ford excursions.

Towing, safety, fuel economy, power - million mile reliability, and a vehicle which could actually appreciate.

Original paint will probably only be good on the white over tan limiteds, and you’ll have to jump when you find one, but I’ve seen some 100,000 mile ones under $30k.

You may spend some cosmetic money, but it will be about as close to “investment” as you’ll get out of a driver like you’re looking for.

Yukon, Tahoe and Suburbans are probably more lady friendly and comfortable, though - but the 7.3 Excursions are sure cool and capable.

DJ

I have a 2000 excursion 7.3. I built the transmission at 200k and upgraded injectors, turbo and tune.

It's gonna be in the family for ever. I drag our 13k lbs trailer through the steepest mountains on the hottest days and it just loves to work. I can bank on 16mpg empty and often closer to 20. Towing my trailer nets 12-14mpg.

Space, great brakes and more ass than anything else in the suv market.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The excursion doesn't even know when my boat is hooked to it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,620
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.