-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to think it over. I don't want to pay 600 some dollars for antelope tag.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’m sitting on 7 pts in WY am debating between using it this year OR simply wait until I get 15 or so. I’m not sure if the wait is worth it but am investigating outfitters and opportunities to target 80” bucks.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For conversation
[Linked Image]

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JRS3
I’m sitting on 7 pts in WY am debating between using it this year OR simply wait until I get 15 or so. I’m not sure if the wait is worth it but am investigating outfitters and opportunities to target 80” bucks.

You're in a pretty good place but wait and see what numbers do this year and into next, etc.
Look over those outfitters carefully, many have 100% success but take lots of 12 in. or so bucks.
Lots of areas can produce 80" bucks on good years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I drew a NR antelope tag in Wyoming last fall with less than 5% draw odds. Drew the one random NR tag in that unit. If you want to hunt a hard to draw tag, don’t be afraid to apply.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Originally Posted by moosemike
How many points you got?

We had enough to draw last year but they cut the tags back & we were just out of the draw. We're looking at the NE corner of WY.

Ok so a non answer. I have four and I'm not sure if that's worth getting excited over. I may just build points for a few more years

It's a group application----average----we are looking at unit 7

They average points? I thought they reduced to the lowest held by a member of the group. Used to be able to draw where we go whenever I put in, maybe the odd year out once. I'm on year 4 applying and every year it creeps up. Sounds like you have a solid plan and unit picked out already. Mature goats are more resilient than the babies on lean tears unless it's really bad. Throw your hat in the ring and see what happens, October is a long ways away and there's a lot of other things that can go wrong in the mean time

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wyoming averages your PP , out to at least 4 decimal places.
Quotas will not be out until late April or early May, do not apply until they come out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wytex
Quotas will not be out until late April or early May, do not apply until they come out.

Sounds like good advice

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

That’s right
And you have until August 1st to apply for antelope so wait unit the last minute for the most up to day information

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP

That’s right
And you have until August 1st to apply for antelope so wait unit the last minute for the most up to day information

Deadline is May 31, iirc. But waiting until Aug 1 will certainly increase one's chances to apply for a preference point ;-)

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
Originally Posted by JeffP

That’s right

Deadline is May 31, iirc. But waiting until Aug 1 will certainly increase one's chances to apply for a preference point ;-)

Work with me!!!!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The listing below is from the Wyoming Game and Fish website. For NONRESIDENTS the application closing date for antelope is May 31. If your application is not in by then you cannot draw a tag in 2022. The license Quotas are set by the Game Commission independent of the application deadline dates, and the drawing date of June 16 is set to occur after the Quota numbers are approved by the Game Commission. You cannot wait until August to apply unless you are applying for a preference point only.

License Type: Antelope, Open Date: January 3, Close Date: May 31, Modify/Withdraw: May 31, Draw Results: June 16,
Preference Points Only: July 1 - October 31

The whole list of dates for all big game species is at the url below. Nonresident and Resident are different, and there are click box links for each list on this page.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/hunting/application-dates-and-deadlines

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
[quote=moosemike]How many points you got?

We had enough to draw last year but they cut the tags back & we were just out of the draw. We're looking at the NE corner of WY.

Ok so a non answer. I have four and I'm not sure if that's worth getting excited over. I may just build points for a few more years

It's a group application----average----we are looking at unit 7

7 got hit hard the past two winters, especially late winter. Add to that the EHD outbreak last year, and they took a pretty good beating. I was hunting mulies there last year, on a large chunk of private. Numbers of both deer and pronghorns was way down from previous years.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks---eagle. Exactly the info I need. Bob

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You will not know how many licenses are available until quotas are set in April. If we have a late storm and numbers are affected they will takes licenses out of the draw and it will affect your drawing odds.
Numbers are down across the state, some areas way down but good hunting is still out there.
Let them set the quotas then look over areas and draw odds.

Last edited by wytex; 01/24/22.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You will not know how many licenses are available until quotas are set in April. If we have a late storm and numbers are affected they will takes licenses out of the draw and it will affect your drawing odds.
Numbers are down across the state, some areas way down but good hunting is still out there.
Let them set the quotas then look over areas and draw odds.

It’s a great year to spend max points on unit 16.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.