Campfire Regular
C
You would have to be happy with that, the scope is a nice fit too

BP-B2

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
CastleRock and josh, thank you for feedback on CTR mags!

beretzs, thank you for posting! Which model athlon did you get? Argos?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Beretzs,

Looking good buddy.

I ordered the same rifle after Christmas and picked it up the other day. Haven't shot it yet but I hope to get our wirh it this week sometime.

Stuck a 10x SS on mine but I have been eyeing that Athlon you got. I grabbed one of the 2-12s from cameraland while they were on sale, I'm liking it so far as well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I had it back out again today. First 5 we’re on the right. Adjusted .2 mils right. Shot the left target. Then I raised it a .5 mil for a 200 yard zero and let 10 fly. I wasn’t on top of my game but damned if that rifle doesn’t shoot. Again, hate to admit the scope is pretty damned good too.

Originally Posted by Dude270
Beretzs,

Looking good buddy.

I ordered the same rifle after Christmas and picked it up the other day. Haven't shot it yet but I hope to get our wirh it this week sometime.

Stuck a 10x SS on mine but I have been eyeing that Athlon you got. I grabbed one of the 2-12s from cameraland while they were on sale, I'm liking it so far as well.

Man, I hope you have as much fun with yours as I am. I’m sure I could suck around with the load more but the Dillon is set and it’s so easy to just crank out rounds on it. Plus it’s nice to have one ammo for the AR’s and this bolt gun.

Semper Fi
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Beretzs,

Nice shooting! I've got to see if I find a public rifle range near me, I'm in the Gaithersburg/Germantown, MD area. Not sure if they're any in Maryland. May have to join sportmen's club to get access to rifle range.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Couldn't agree more on just cranking out 1 load that works well in several rifles.

I'm hoping mine likes my 77 tmk load as well. I've got some other bullets I want to try too though

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by leomort
Beretzs,

Nice shooting! I've got to see if I find a public rifle range near me, I'm in the Gaithersburg/Germantown, MD area. Not sure if they're any in Maryland. May have to join sportmen's club to get access to rifle range.

No clue honestly. I’m lucky I have a 100 yards I can shoot right out my front door.

Couldn't agree more on just cranking out 1 load that works well in several rifles.

I'm hoping mine likes my 77 tmk load as well. I've got some other bullets I want to try too though

That bullet just seems to always shoot. I’ve been using it for awhile and it seems to just hammer with about any decent powder.

I have a bunch of Lapua brass I’ll dabble with some other stuff I’ve got.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Light my PM box up when y’all get tired and bored with those no good Tikkas...

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
no way, josh! smile I think those tikka CTR may be worth keeping, lol!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by beretzs
Beretzs,

No clue honestly. I’m lucky I have a 100 yards I can shoot right out my front door.

That bullet just seems to always shoot. I’ve been using it for awhile and it seems to just hammer with about any decent powder.

Yep, I have settled on the 77 TMK for both my 223 and 22/250, it is just so easy to get a good load for and kills like poison
Watch the Lapua brass, it has a bit less capacity, you may have to back off a bit, I actually prefer Winchester and ADI in the 223 for more speed or less pressure, the cheaper stuff seems to shoot just as well and it doesn’t hurt as much when you lose it

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just got home and see a 20" S/S 223 CTR. Hint.

75 ELD's for me,in Lapooey,with Lever' and 400's with a magfed Smooch. Hint.

There's an Arken Gen2 4-16x FFP Mil on the way,a MT 40 MoMo rail laying in wait and I bought a "few" sets of Swiffer rings. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Not much Lapooey brass though. Hint.

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Whining grovey can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by beretzs
Beretzs,

Yep, I have settled on the 77 TMK for both my 223 and 22/250, it is just so easy to get a good load for and kills like poison
Watch the Lapua brass, it has a bit less capacity, you may have to back off a bit, I actually prefer Winchester and ADI in the 223 for more speed or less pressure, the cheaper stuff seems to shoot just as well and it doesn’t hurt as much when you lose it

Great advice. Thank you. I’ve got 4-5 gallon pails of the crap we shoot on the range of brass. Should be good for awhile. Seems to shoot fine and like you mentioned, it’s damned near the best price ever.

Originally Posted by Big Stick

The big mags don’t suck at all. I’m kinda liking this ring. The 40 MOA rail wouldn’t hurt though.

Good hint about the Helos. Pretty surprising actually once I started using it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's an Arken Gen2 4-16x FFP Mil on the way,a MT 40 MoMo rail laying in wait and I bought a "few" sets of Swiffer rings. Hint.
I do admire your optimism in bottom-feeding for scopes! Maybe you'll be a "lucky kchunt".

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You LYING Thieving Piece of Clueless Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you "get" to read about it and STEAL pics,you Brokedick Fhuqk. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

What are you putting the 1-4's on?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Forced to speculate,the last one I bought just went aboard a Stealth Camo Krunchenticker in 264 Grendel. Though in fairness,I've likely got a "few" others.

If only so Trybone can have another picture of my wares,in "her" album. Hint.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forced to speculate,the last one I bought just went aboard a Stealth Camo Krunchenticker in 264 Grendel. Though in fairness,I've likely got a "few" others.

If only so Trybone can have another picture of my wares,in "her" album. Hint.....................
Another schitt-show of eye relief. That's tied with the dumbest scope mounting job I've ever seen! But then, I guess nose-to-charging handle still gives your misshapen head about 3" of eye relief.

Have you ever shot that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You keep stealing pics from your Couchbound Kchunt,while extolling your very long list of WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon wares that exist. Better steal these too and then you can say you've "seen" a Teeker Cheater. Hint.

Bless your heart,for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying,you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not much Lapooey brass though. Hint.

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Whining grovey can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........................

Somebody needs to buy those half azz bullets. Might as well be a picture taker like yourself.... hint! F*cking weirdo !

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.