Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regeneron Not Effective Against Omicron

U.S. Pauses Distribution Of Monoclonal Antibody Treatments That Proved Ineffective Against Omicron

Zachary Snowdon Smith Forbes Staff

Dec 23, 2021,04:16pm EST

TOPLINE The U.S. government has paused distribution of Covid-19 monoclonal antibody treatments made by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Eli Lilly, saying those treatments are probably ineffective against the omicron variant, while some hospitals struggle with limited supply of GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology’s more effective treatment.

The pause on Regeneron and Eli Lilly’s treatments will continue until new data on their effectiveness is received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, HHS said. Use of these treatments may still be appropriate in places where omicron is less common and there is a limited supply of alternative treatment options, HHS said.

Mutations in the spike proteins of coronavirus particles have prevented Regeneron and Eli Lilly’s antibodies from attaching to them, whereas the area of the protein targeted by GlaxoSmithKline’s sotrovimab remains unaffected by omicron’s mutations, Prevention reported.

When effective, monoclonal antibody treatments can prevent serious illness or hospitalization among high-risk coronavirus patients. However, Tuesday, some New York area hospitals reported they had run out of sotrovimab just as the omicron variant was establishing its dominance in the U.S. Delivery of 55,000 doses of sotrovimab began earlier in the week, with an additional 300,000 doses expected to be available by January 3, according to an HHS release. The most recent shipment of sotrovimab was distributed to the U.S. states and territories according to factors including infection and hospitalization rates, with allocations ranging from just 66 doses for Alaska to 4,242 for New York.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

my eyes. Why keep posting that fugly picture.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mac84
Had the monoclonal treatment on Nov 24. Did it kill me?

had it back in January, after they took the needle out and have to sit for a hour to make sure I dint die, I started coughing, the type if cough that went on for minutes with face beet red, tears and nose running. felt worst with it than I did when I walked in, But took care of my covid before hand with ivermectin

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Does anyone really know for sure? smile

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NH K9

Does anyone really know for sure? smile

Welfare check!! Better go in with guns at the ready!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Oldman03
My son and DIL both came down with Covid. Neither had taken the shot and both got the infusion. Son said that in 2 days he was back to 100%, but took the DIL about 4 days. This was about 2-3 months ago.

If it wasn't effective, potato wouldn't be trying to screw red states out of the supply....

Potato..

So that's what that thing is sitting on his shoulders.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Nothing to do with what you just said.
Your a "champ" and you didn't even take the time to watch ?
Go for it. Tell us how it goes in five years.

I did take the time to watch and came to the conclusion that its all bullshit. Not interested in the vax at all, but the monoclonal treatment has been around since the 70s for cancer patients. Its been tested and used for a very long time in one form or another. Do some research

My point was, youre trying to post something and get a serious discussion on the subject, while they are also offering links to news stories about the US liquifying vaccine murdered folks and spreading them on US crops. Try and find a story from a site that isnt batchit crazy

Like Google's YouTube?
There's more censorship there than the liberals here.
Perhaps we should see if the info is on CNN, MSNBC, faux news, or approved by snopes. Ok

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
CrapperHampy was stumped at the "pot full of stewed peters"

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
?

Calm down. Mike Adams is still going to write your monthly check.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son and DIL both came down with Covid. Neither had taken the shot and both got the infusion. Son said that in 2 days he was back to 100%, but took the DIL about 4 days. This was about 2-3 months ago.

If it wasn't effective, potato wouldn't be trying to screw red states out of the supply....

bingo!

So all of us in red state will get Omicron, survive, and be better resistant than dead Democrat voters. Thank you potato.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
?

Calm down. Mike Adams is still going to write your monthly check.

I'm so calm I've got a smile on my face. You tell Mike that I deserve a check and still waiting on the first one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

I did take the time to watch and came to the conclusion that its all bullshit. Not interested in the vax at all, but the monoclonal treatment has been around since the 70s for cancer patients. Its been tested and used for a very long time in one form or another. Do some research

My point was, youre trying to post something and get a serious discussion on the subject, while they are also offering links to news stories about the US liquifying vaccine murdered folks and spreading them on US crops. Try and find a story from a site that isnt batchit crazy

Like Google's YouTube?
Perhaps we should see if the info is on CNN, MSNBC, faux news, or approved by snopes. Ok

Stop reaching for the sake of an argument. Youtube sucks. So does most all media and garbage like facebook, twitter ect. You continue to miss my point. I'm not against you lol. I'm not a leftist. I'm trying to tell you that no one is going to take you serious when posting stuff from insane websites with insane stories. My 2 cents. Its somewhat of a free country still, so post away while you can if it makes you happy I guess

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1

bingo!

So all of us in red state will get Omicron, survive, and be better resistant than dead Democrat voters. Thank you potato.

Yes sir!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Slappy cancer doesn’t want serious discussion. If she did, she’d not link coo coo for coco puffs sites. She has an agenda.

She’ll have to toggle to read this too. lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll report back on Saturday how the antibodies do. Wife came down with COVID last week, and now I have it. I’ve had symptoms for a week now and tested positive . Lost my taste, or I would have thought I just had a really bad cold. Started off with a sore throat, congestion, some muscle aches, coughing like crazy, and migraines starting Monday night.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Like Google's YouTube?

Stop reaching for the sake of an argument. Youtube sucks. So does most all media and garbage like facebook, twitter ect. You continue to miss my point. I'm not against you lol. I'm not a leftist. I'm trying to tell you that no one is going to take you serious when posting stuff from insane websites with insane stories. My 2 cents. Its somewhat of a free country still, so post away while you can if it makes you happy I guess

I looked for fifteen minutes +/- for another platform. It's probably out there somewhere else. Anyone is welcome to look. I don't watch 99% of the material on any platform, but judge the video on it's own merits. I've been aware for many years of the chimera research...5:00 mark, from multiple sources and conferences. General public doesn't hear about it on CNN, so it's"crazy talk" and "conspiracy theory" to them.
I don't agree with everything Dr Madej says in other interviews, but what she says about "aborted baby cell lines" is backed by source data and plenty of sources. See 7:00 on.
https://www.brighteon.com/c9d6081d-fe26-4d5d-a867-a3946e2a86ba

When you try to discredit my post with some unrelated list of videos that happen to be on the platform, but having nothing to do with Dr. Madej, it is not intellectually honest.
You might as well disregard your favorite video on your trusted platform because Telatubbies is in the feed below.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/20/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey look! Another check from Mike Adams on the way!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

my eyes. Why keep posting that fugly picture.

Why indeed. Oh, the irony!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
started coming down with it Tuesday, daughter had it wife does now and my girlfriend. So far like a bad cold, I'm working right now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
started coming down with it Tuesday, daughter had it wife does now and my girlfriend. So far like a bad cold, I'm working right now.

Pretty much where I and most everyone around here is.
Fugg-it, back to the old days of a head cold being just that.........a head cold.

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
463 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.