Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jwp475

The Tract will not disappoint. I have both and the Tract is impressive when compared side by side

If I were you I'd sell the Schmidt and Benders and buy you some more junk Jap scopes

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JeffP

That was the Response model in 2017?

Has anyone done the same testing on a Toric?

It was also a USED sample with no info on where/how it was used or abused before the test took place.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by LFC

The Tract will not disappoint. I have both and the Tract is impressive when compared side by side

If I were you I'd sell the Schmidt and Benders and buy you some more junk Jap scopes

If you were me you would not be such a moron

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by LFC
I've owned a 3-15x50 for 4 years or so. I've had it on a Kimber Select 30-06 and now on a 35 Whelen. It rides in my truck 24/7 and I often change loads turn the turret to where each load zeros and without fail it adjust perfectly each time. It has held its zero perfectly over time.

I also own S&B, Nightforce and US Optics and the Tract Toric is on par with the top tier scopes IMHO&E

You got a one Track mind....

Comparing a Track scope to a Schmidt and Bender or a Nightforce is just
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
[quote=FOsteology]At that price point, it's an easy pass for me. At 1k+ I'd rather drop a bit more and get a NF or S&B

Me too.

They should be priced about 4 to 6 hundred dollars....because that's what they are.

Says the idiot that's never ever seen one in person

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Throw another Track tantrum....

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I haven't seen, or heard of a piece of junk being offered under the Tract brand. I"m betting this will be a good one as well.

Not trying to rain on the Tract parade as I like to see more and more reliable scopes enter the marketplace; stiff competition benefits the end user.

I thought the initial non Japan Tract offerings gave some grief?

They foolishly sent a used example of one of their low-end models to a member here and it failed the test, which was admittedly harsh, but part of that failure was that it simply was unable to produce groups matching the test rifle’s know capability. Might have been beat up by previous testers, simply defective, or not a good design. Never heard a complaint from a real user on any of the Tekoa or Toric scopes, and some have used them a good bit; Mule Deer for one. My use is limited so far, but I remain hopeful, and trust them to fix any issues.

Used one - a Toric I believe. Too big of an eyepiece, wasn't happy with the field of view. Came in a really nice box. Pass the SWFA 3-9 and keep the Tract.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The love for Tract on this forum is weird. They put out a bunch of overly heavy tacticool scopes that aren't worth a damn for hunting rifles and the boys swoon.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The love for Tract on this forum is weird. They put out a bunch of overly heavy tacticool scopes that aren't worth a damn for hunting rifles and the boys swoon.

They work perfectly for my hunting.
How is a 2-10 or 3-15 1" tube with capped turrets with a plex reticle a tacticl scope, per say

Last edited by jwp475; 01/20/22.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

They work perfectly for my hunting.
How is a 2-10 or 3-15 1" tube with capped turrets with a plex reticle a tacticl scope, per say

My 700 .308 weighs a whopping 7# 10oz. with the 2-10 Toric on top. Overly heavy 😂😂

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Try and keep up - the new offerings are pigs.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

And a nightforce isn't?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ky221

And a nightforce isn't?

lol, good point!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
BDC reticles are 25 year old technology. There is nothing more accurate or simple as using the dial. "Here, play with these unlabeled holdover dots and see if any match your gun" 🙄

Actually they have an app where it tells you what cartridge ,bullet ,FPS relates to the hash marks on your scope.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I actually like their scopes, but am not too crazy about their reticle selection.

Last edited by Huntz; 01/20/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
BDC reticles are 25 year old technology. There is nothing more accurate or simple as using the dial. "Here, play with these unlabeled holdover dots and see if any match your gun" 🙄

Actually they have an app where it tells you what cartridge ,bullet ,FPS relates to the hash marks on your scope.

I'd rather a Mil or MOA reticle to a BDC reticle. The caps can be removed and the turrets dialed fir long shots.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'm trying to find which "manufacturer"/brand, whatever who has a new offering that isn't tacticool, a heavy pig, etc? Tract has excellent products and are great guys to deal with. Only those with actual experience with them would know that though, but I do understand you tried one, once, briefly, or whatever.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I'm trying to find which "manufacturer"/brand, whatever who has a new offering that isn't tacticool, a heavy pig, etc? Tract has excellent products and are great guys to deal with. Only those with actual experience with them would know that though, but I do understand you tried one, once, briefly, or whatever.

If you are worried about a few ounces on a durable scope, then maybe ya otta hit the gym. That is a moot argument to me. I never have chased light, in a rifle, or a scope. I will own what works the best for me and I am not picky, but "light" is not part of the criteria. On the other hand, I do not want a target-weight rifle, either.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Any company making a FFP HUNTING reticle should look at what Tangent Theta has done. 3.5 mrad on each side of the crosshair and bold enough to see. It's the best hunting reticle out there right now.

Is it their Gen II Mil Dot reticle you refer to? Looks good to me. (I wish it was available on less expensive scopes)
https://www.swfa.com/media/catalog/...d27136e95/t/a/tan8001010002-r_5_1_10.jpg
Specs show 5 mrad on the side, which is still better than most.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RedRabbit

Any company making a FFP HUNTING reticle should look at what Tangent Theta has done. 3.5 mrad on each side of the crosshair and bold enough to see. It's the best hunting reticle out there right now.

Is it their Gen II Mil Dot reticle you refer to? Looks good to me. (I wish it was available on less expensive scopes)

It's the one in their Long Range Hunter....little different from the Gen II but I like it as well.

[Linked Image from images.eurooptic.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RedRabbit

This one:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-kx6...7812456.1597682425-2089505659.1591276557

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.