Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Does anyone have any info on making wingbone calls? I saw an article in one of the turkey hunting mags but darn if I can find it again. <P>Me in Ohio

BP-B2

B
B
Howdy me,,,<BR> hmnmnmnn kinda like talking to myself hahahahaa<BR>go to this link for instructions... it was the only one that I could find that did not SPAM this site [Linked Image]<P><A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/Wingbone.html" TARGET=_blank>Instructions</A> <P> [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
M
Me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Bearbuster. The info was great..The only question I have does it make any difference on the length of the bones..In one of my turkey mags. they had dimentions on the length of the bones and I'll be darn if I can find the issue again..<p>[This message has been edited by Me (edited January 09, 2001).]

B
B
Hey no prob me,,,<BR>Yes it does make a diff... I noticed in mine that I must make the cut as<BR>close to the knuckle or even into the knuckle to get the sound I want... You<BR>can also e-mail your questions to Jim Groenier at:<BR>JGroenieraol.com<BR>also there is another link on that page for making tha calls too<P>------------------<BR> [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
H
H
Here's another link for making wingbones.After looking through this site I am leaning towards buying one of his just for display. Super nice looking calls!From what i have read they have won some NWTF contests to boot.<P>John Coit<P><A HREF="http://www.customwings.net/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.customwings.net/</A>

IC B2

M
Me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Hatracked, Those are nice lookin calls. That gave me some good ideas. I've had these wingbones around for awhile and thought I'd try them try this spring. I'm thinking something new that they haven't hear before might do the trick. Always looking for an edge and I need all the help I can get.<BR>Thanks Hatracked.<BR>Me

The wingbone is the hardest to learn call of them all. The cluck, yelp and Kee-Kee are the basics of the call. You will need to practice more often to remain proficient with the wingbones. I used the call until I got dentures and calling caused rub sores in the mouth. Make`em strut!!!!

I`d like to go to heaven, but I`ve gotten use to hanging with this crowd....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
488 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.