Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dod6
I recently bought a 48 gun safe from Lowe’s that was leftover from Black Friday. I got the safe on clearance since it was the last one. Once I got the huge thing wrestled in my garage, I discover that the safe won’t open because either the lock is malfunctioning or the handle won’t engage the bolts or both. I’ve been dealing with Cannon support for two weeks and they finally tell me that they won’t cover it under the warranty since I bought it at a discount. Lowe’s is out of them so I can’t carry it back and exchange it, only return. My gripe is that I’ve paid someone to help me move it and if I return it, I’ll be out that money (two trips) with nothing to show. Cannon warranties suck. Anybody have experience with not being able to open a safe?

This is life. If this is new to you, prepare for a hell of a lot more of the same.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I had a Winchester safe lock freeze up the first month I owned it. Safe was in the lowest level of our house 13 steps down. Winchester sent a crew to my house to retrieve the safe, paid me what I paid for it, and gave me another $150 for the initial trouble to get the safe from Costco to the level in my house. I replaced it with another Winchester.

This is the way these things oughta be handled.

Anyone from Cannon listening?

Black Cows Matter!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
....and remember, it could be worse.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO
It's on Lowes.
Deal with them and don't let up until you get it fixed.

Lowes? I find that extremely hard to understand.

Its a defect from manufacturer. Its all theirs.

Lucky we bought from a local maker and are happy. Then we realized we needed concrete walls and ceiling that gun safes would never be quite enough

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I had a Winchester safe lock freeze up the first month I owned it. Safe was in the lowest level of our house 13 steps down. Winchester sent a crew to my house to retrieve the safe, paid me what I paid for it, and gave me another $150 for the initial trouble to get the safe from Costco to the level in my house. I replaced it with another Winchester.

This is the way these things oughta be handled.

Anyone from Cannon listening?

I bought a newer Winchester old school dial safe....it showed two sides with three rows deep on each side on the website. The one sent had one side like that and then the other side with holders along the outer walls, which we all know doesnt hold as many guns. They literally just needed to send me the correct shelf for the one side in question. Winchester told me tough crap. Pretty sure I was getting the same person on the other end of the email every time, I requested for his manager to contact me, nothing....

Yes, I could make and carpet the shelf I need, but they should just send me what was supposed to come with what I ordered.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Bump it up the chain at Cannon - ask for VP for customer service. Don't stop after 1 bump either....

I'd go straight to the President of the company's secretary. There is no other person in the company that can get as much done in a short amount of time. I went that route in dealing with a boat manufacturer a number of years ago and was amazed at the turn around in the companies attitude in just hours.

^^^ THAT ^^^ first on phone.

If no satisfaction then send them written correspondence and cc your state attorney general (or their product liability office). Nothing screams "satisfy this customer NOW" like legal or political problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We live in the sticks (like 130 miles to a Walmart), so any product of substance gets a trial run before ever leaving the store. Always start engines, run electronics, and check that software, memory cards etc are present and functioning. Return it to the store and write it off as an educational experience.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I may be wrong but I think there is a shear pin on most safe wheels that is designed to shear if too much force is applied. That sounds like what is happening with this safe but you would think Cannon would have brought that issue up in your correspondence with them.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

That's exactly it! Someone wrenched on it too hard and sheared the pin

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y’all need to do your homework before spending your money. Cannon’s reviews are less than stellar, both in the quality of their product, and their warranty service.

I just bought my second Liberty, a USA series with electronic lock. Paid $160.00 extra for the lifetime warranty on the lock. The rest of the safe is guaranteed for life against failure, and they will replace it if damaged due to a break in attempt.

My original one has a mechanical lock and has been 100% reliable. Just ran out of space, and it was a no brainer for me to buy Liberty again. You get what you pay for.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Lock went out on my Cannon a few years back.Dealt with their customer service for several months and their chosen locksmiths drilled it full of holes and beat the hell out of it to finally break in.,Then out of the blue they shipped me a new safe and attached a note saying they considered the matter closed and to please take my business elsewhere in the future.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I recently bought a 48 gun safe from Lowe’s that was leftover from Black Friday. I got the safe on clearance since it was the last one. Once I got the huge thing wrestled in my garage, I discover that the safe won’t open because either the lock is malfunctioning or the handle won’t engage the bolts or both. I’ve been dealing with Cannon support for two weeks and they finally tell me that they won’t cover it under the warranty since I bought it at a discount. Lowe’s is out of them so I can’t carry it back and exchange it, only return. My gripe is that I’ve paid someone to help me move it and if I return it, I’ll be out that money (two trips) with nothing to show. Cannon warranties suck. Anybody have experience with not being able to open a safe?

I posted this a year or two ago after my new cannon safe failed.

“ My Cannon safe schit the bed shortly after i brought it home.

My issue wasnt electrics though, it was a mechanical failure. A poor weld in the lock mechanism.

They were pretty good re: customer service.

Try Lou at 702 381 4955
He was the rep/tech that helped me.”

Don’t know if Lou is still there, but worth a try.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I posted this a year or two ago after my new cannon safe failed.

“ My Cannon safe schit the bed shortly after i brought it home.

My issue wasnt electrics though, it was a mechanical failure. A poor weld in the lock mechanism.

They were pretty good re: customer service.

Try Lou at 702 381 4955
He was the rep/tech that helped me.”

Don’t know if Lou is still there, but worth a try.

This is the kind of info I was hoping for. Thanks!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
Have a locksmith check it out? Might be money well spent.

My thoughts as well.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Well I guess Lou no longer works there…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Y’all need to do your homework before spending your money. Cannon’s reviews are less than stellar, both in the quality of their product, and their warranty service.

I just bought my second Liberty, a USA series with electronic lock. Paid $160.00 extra for the lifetime warranty on the lock. The rest of the safe is guaranteed for life against failure, and they will replace it if damaged due to a break in attempt.

My original one has a mechanical lock and has been 100% reliable. Just ran out of space, and it was a no brainer for me to buy Liberty again. You get what you pay for.

I did exactly the same...I did get the electronic lock on the new one so wifey could access it easier.

Even let her pick the color!

NRA Endowment Member

D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by Paul39
Have a locksmith check it out? Might be money well spent.

My thoughts as well.

I’ve spoken with two different ones. Just waiting on them to come by and tell me if they think they can do anything with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When someone, my mother, broke mine with a heavy clothes basket of clothes I think. I put the combination in (mechanical lock on Liberty safe) then bumped the door and spun the handle until the locks dropped.

Once opened just remove the cover panel on the door....try not to be disgusted by the welding job on inside and remove broken shear pin and replace.

Worked for me about 20 years ago, your results may vary.

NRA Endowment Member

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Easy fix. The instructions are right inside the door. wink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if it were me i'd take it back to lowes and eat the moving costs and go buy a liberty. do you really want to trust your guns to this POS?

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cannon filed for bankruptcy protection around two years ago. I wonder if their current customer service is a result of this action.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 23 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.