Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Better would be to issue vets a healthcare card that’s good in any clinic/hospital in the nation.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Death by touch tone to get a appt after a referal is a PITA.

Their fugging travel pay system is broke..
Used to have a pay cage then and their and on your way.
Now fill out a paper drop in a box.
Same # of travel pay people their all blacks..
Months to receive a travel pay now.

Admin and scheduling probs.....

Once you get into to you actual needed docs you are seeing then it aint bad.
They seem to be 90% white on the actual medical sides of the house.

Alot of issues at Nashvegas are N double O admin issues.
The new call center contract is a goat fugg.
Ph tag from hell.

Took 3 weeks of calls and left msgs never returned to finally get someone to connect me with the GI clinic schedule person to get alien probing ( colonoscopy) on 4 feb.

Only took 2 weeks of ph fugg after my 1st consol fell thru and had ta call referal doc to make another for knee surgery consol.

What kills me is the Clarksville VA cant electronically drop a frighing referral for a appt right then and their.

.gov and contract jobs for this call center schit.

They used to have a actual ph bk with extension #,s ..

Shaquithra the scheduling clerk dont like getying calls during her facebook time....

All the fugging msg,s when ya call
Did you know Blah blah blah
C19 blah blah blah
Gonna blow your brains out blah blah blah.

Just start punching 0,s and go into operator death by touch tone or the pass the buck let me connect you.
Which is always repeated several more times.

Admin and scheduling is a PITA.
Like your inconveniencing them by making them do their job...

Last edited by renegade50; 01/20/22.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My wife's uncle is alive and well thanks to the VA hospital. He was disabled in active service and this may have some bearing on his treatment. I kind of think that people who serve might deserve health care and making support available seems like a good thing. Every administration claims to advocate for vets but seldom is anything done. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by strikeu
I get all my health care from the VA. After getting my family history of heart disease, They referred to a local Cardiologist with the week. I see him now quarterly. I get all dental and vision at the VA. No issues at all, all prescriptions and meds come from the VA.

I did 28 years Navy, and have a lot of F'ed up parts. I'm well over 100% disability.

Thanks for giving 110%

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blairvt
They've been good to me. Just made an appointment to see a eye doc.

They take excellent care of my Dad and I have no complaints at all with them.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B2

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Seems like it used to be simple. Now I am calling and waiting on hold for 40 minutes to get an eye exam. Then when you do get through you are told that the clinic didn’t renew me to be on the VA program. The gals at the clinic claim stuff changes so fast they can’t keep up with it. Never seemed to have a problem until now.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Did you have to call the va to get authorization? They told me I had to, and I have never done that before. Even for an MRI.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50

Ph tag from hell.

Took 3 weeks of calls and left msgs never returned to finally get someone to connect me with the GI clinic schedule person to get alien probing ( colonoscopy) on 4 feb.

Only took 2 weeks of ph fugg after my 1st consol fell thru and had ta call referal doc to make another for knee surgery consol.

What kills me is the Clarksville VA cant electronically drop a frighing referral for a appt right then and their.

Shaquithra the scheduling clerk dont like getying calls during her facebook time....

C19 blah blah blah

Just start punching 0,s and go into operator death by touch tone or the pass the buck let me connect you.

if travel pay is the thing breaking your back then you have more issues than the pittance that it costs you to get to the Hospital. I fill out the form electronically with my card, and get travel pay within a couple of weeks, I drive about 70 minutes 1 way and get about $50 when I file, if I even remember to do that. travel pay is not my priority, can't imagine why it would be anyone's unless they just want to Biatch about something.

to talk with your team for scheduling, prescriptions, referrals, almost anything, Get secure messaging from here: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home. if you don't have an account with that website, you're an idiot.

My primary care team will answer my messages in about an hour, same day worst case if they're really busy. I'm in Alabama dude, EVERYONE at the VA is black. so fugging what? that makes absolutely zero difference in my care. My primary care doctor is black and quite possibly the best doctor I have had even on active duty.

it sounds like there are a lot of answers to your problems, but you just want to whine, cry, and complain instead of helping your situation.

get some sack and stop belly aching.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Care for my 100% combat disabled friend is horrendous ! Deny deny until they die seems to be their operating motto. Waiting nine months for surgery to remove shrapnel that was causing a cyst against his spine. The whole time on antibiotics for the septicemia it was causing. When he finally did get to the surgeon the surgeon was outraged that he hadn’t seen him right away. Much bigger issue nine months later. Next surgery he needed was on his neck to fuse 6 vertebra. After 11 months the surgeon said it was too late to do surgery and they’ll just have to put a morpheme pump in and he can live with the loss of feeling in his arms and the constant pain. He needs a a couple of hernia operations also that they were waiting on the neck surgery before they’d address that problem. I’m betting nine months or a year for that. Then there’s the hip replacement he’s going to need soon. He’s only in his late thirties...criminal is the best description of his treatment.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Calvin

Did you have to call the va to get authorization? They told me I had to, and I have never done that before. Even for an MRI.

appointment was scheduled when covid happened and was cancelled. Just called today and they made another for me in a week.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Appears average wait time on access to care varies quite a bit from one VA facility to another within the same state. Same from state to state, too... Average Wait Times at Individual Facilities

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think renegade50 is on the money with his assessment of VA. Perhaps it's you having issues.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Healthcare is a crapshoot no matter where you are and what sign is on the door. Most have no real idea if they are getting good care or not. Fat [bleep] are in poor health regardless of who they see.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Redneck
The VA around here seems to be pretty good when I talk to those who've had to visit.. I tried to sign up - but somehow I 'don't qualify'...even after my time in the USN...

Whatever...

Yep. right here with you. Seems what was promised when I was young, no longer is available to me now that I'm older...............

Apparently I should have signed up for VA benefits immediately upon discharge, even though I wasn't in need at that time, they tell me I would have been "Grandfathered" now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by strikeu

Ph tag from hell.

C19 blah blah blah

if travel pay is the thing breaking your back then you have more issues than the pittance that it costs you to get to the Hospital. I fill out the form electronically with my card, and get travel pay within a couple of weeks, I drive about 70 minutes 1 way and get about $50 when I file, if I even remember to do that. travel pay is not my priority, can't imagine why it would be anyone's unless they just want to Biatch about something.

to talk with your team for scheduling, prescriptions, referrals, almost anything, Get secure messaging from here: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home. if you don't have an account with that website, you're an idiot.

My primary care team will answer my messages in about an hour, same day worst case if they're really busy. I'm in Alabama dude, EVERYONE at the VA is black. so fugging what? that makes absolutely zero difference in my care. My primary care doctor is black and quite possibly the best doctor I have had even on active duty.

it sounds like there are a lot of answers to your problems, but you just want to whine, cry, and complain instead of helping your situation.

get some sack and stop belly aching.

I would like to have a pleasant scheduling experience like your facility supports.
Nashvegas is the polar opposite and serves a huge demographic.
Travel pay is not a make or break issue for me.
They went from a pay cage on the spot on your way out.
To a paper drop morass that takes months.
It is a irritating loss of efficiency.
And the problem here is black admins/ clerical 100%.
Once past them .
Services are smooth.
My PCM doc/ referral guy here in clarksville VA is about the 7th or 8th one I have had since 08 era. Which adds to my total frustration.
Outside referrals over the years from Clarksville and Nashville VA have caused me to physically go obtain med docs, xray and mri reads and CD disc and bring them in for my VA records.
Doing leg work for em basically.
The excuse has always been VA saying their computer system is having problems or interoperability/ downtime issues in the data transfer.
The places I have received referrals to always say they dont have problems with record request in the Nationwide VA system when needed only Clarksville and Nashville and when they do work they both take a inordinate amount of time in their request from their end.

It is admin and clerical not doing their job in a prompt manner on the VA side of the house.

Thats about it AFAIC.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Ph tag from hell.

C19 blah blah blah

Death by touchtone. Hilarious. But, it's the truth.

Corporate offices, doctor's offices, medical clinics. Forget about it. Ree-diculous.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My VA care has been exceptional. I feel for my fellow veterans who have difficulties. It seems most of those with difficulties are in areas that serve much larger populations. I'm open to the fact I may be wrong on that; but, it's another reason I'm glad I live in the middle of BFE.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The VA in Iron Mountain Mi.goes out of their way to take care of my needs.Its the only one I have used and can`t speak for the others.Only one guy I know pisses and moans about it.He got in the VA with a Less Than Honorable Discharge.He is a typical scammer.I told him he should get nothing.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Unless you have too much. Think it was in the late 80's / early 90's they changed from all veterans qualify (what we were promised when we signed up) to there is a means test. Have a little saved and you do not qualify.
I think that's exactly why I was denied... Once wife retires and we're both on Soc Sec. I wonder if I'd qualify then?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My FIL did 3 yrs in thr Marines during the Korean war.
Jan to july 53 in theater.
Then a break in service.
AF for 4 yrs out in 59.
He wasnt eligible for VA med either per regs for years.

When He moved down here from maine in 08.
I retired and just general talk with him about miltary stuff over time.
Told him to go to the state vets services here in town.
He qualified for tier 5 or 6 level veteran status IIRC mostly under his korean war service for limited med stuff and some sort of veterans pension of around 120 bucks a month.
That was around 2012 14 era IIRC.

I think Teir is the correct term still.

Maybe if some of you guys go to a similar office in your area.
They might be alot more helpful in providing info, answers, and enrollment into what you might qual unknown to yourself currently.

These regs and qualifiers for tier level admission into VA change all the time.

Wont hurt to try one more time to find out the latest.

Last edited by renegade50; 01/21/22.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,161
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.