Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have friends with RMR or Holosun sights on their Glocks.

Have any of you done this?

Which red dot for a Glock 19?

Also, anyone running the PSA Slide on a Glock Gen 3 build?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...lo-lower-1-3-co-witness-sights-gray.html

Last edited by David_Walter; 01/20/22. Reason: Added question about the slide.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I know it is not what you ask but I am looking at the Leupold micro delta point for a couple of reasons. 1) I think it may be more like looking at your sights and may be easier to find the dot (I don't know about this, but thinking that might be the case)
2) you can or should be able to use your current holster.
From what I can tell, you drift out your rear sight and this sides in, no cutting or machining

Last edited by pullit; 01/20/22.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Glock 19 with a Trijicon RMR06. The slide is custom milled, and has suppressor height sights for a proper cowitness.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have Trijicon RMR's on a couple of hunting revolvers and Holosuns on several semi-autos. I like them - with aging eyes, it makes a big improvement in my shooting.

Edit: no experience with Glocks...

Last edited by JGray; 01/20/22.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Carry gun or range gun?

I've done the S&W CORE and Glock MOS a couple of times. RMR on the CORE and Vortex Venom and Holosun 507C on the Glocks, both G45's.
I just sold my last G45 MOS and am sticking with irons for carry guns but if you want a range gun, the bigger the window the better. The 507C was slightly bigger than the RMR but so much easier to find the dot. I still have one on a S&W 686 but I doubt I'll try another on a carry gun. The Aimpoint ACRO P2 might tempt me back into it but I've yet to see any brand of red dot not fail sooner or later, especially when mounted on a slide. BUIS's would be mandatory.

As much as I've tried, I'm still just a tad faster with irons from draw to first shot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Range and carry guns. Glock 19 Gen 3 and a Sig 365XL.

John Stark.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know I am in the minority on this but the timer doesn’t lie and the fastest hit from the draw is what’s important to me. I do agree that multiple targets and longer shots are better with a dot. But still not where I’m comfortable with the dot.

I’ve not seen an ACRO yet but if you can find the P2 version, it has regular 50,000 hour battery life and the P1 is dead in 3 weeks. The window is slightly smaller on the P2 but it’s still worth a look.

The Delta point Pro has a huge window as does the SRO and most gamers are loving them. They just don’t seem to hold up as well as they should.

The Holosun offerings are pretty good and the 507c is the only one that stayed with the RMR in Sage Dynamics drop tests. I tried the circle only, circle and dot and just the dot which is what I prefer. Holosun is probably the cheapest way to try a quality red dot without breaking the bank.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I run an RMR on a 17.2 and it has held up well to a decent amount of use. I am not shooting in the high volume amounts like I did in my previous life, but it seems to handle everything just fine and I have no complaints.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It makes precision shooting much easier at distances further than 15 yards, that is for certain.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'm running the Holosun 507K on my P365XL for about a year now and absolutely would not want to be without it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
To me, putting an electronic device on a handgun is next to sacrilege.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

https://youtu.be/ta41xU-tkFA

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmd025
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

https://youtu.be/ta41xU-tkFA

Hahaha, great vid laugh

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
When you get aging eyesight you will do better with an optic than without. I am getting to that point now. I've heard alot of good talk about the Burris FF4.
Have ya'll tried em?

God Bless, Louis

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I have friends with RMR or Holosun sights on their Glocks.

Have any of you done this?

Which red dot for a Glock 19?

Also, anyone running the PSA Slide on a Glock Gen 3 build?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...lo-lower-1-3-co-witness-sights-gray.html

I run a trijicon RMR on a Glock 19. It’s rock solid. I use it mostly for hunting but it’s there for anything.

Last edited by smallfry; 01/20/22.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Who’s got the best prices on RMRs?

John Stark.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My next 9mm will wear an optic

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a pistol or two that are cut for red dots and has the filler plates in the cuts. I am not ready for a red dot yet but I could see it at some point if my eyes get worse. I have played with one of my guns that does have a red dot on it and I am for sure slower on the first shot because of trying to find the dot.
I think the only way I would get better is to put everything else away and only shoot the red dot. Going back and forth between sights and red dots does not help me get better with the red dot. I would have to force myself to learn it.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pullit
I have a pistol or two that are cut for red dots and has the filler plates in the cuts. I am not ready for a red dot yet but I could see it at some point if my eyes get worse. I have played with one of my guns that does have a red dot on it and I am for sure slower on the first shot because of trying to find the dot.
I think the only way I would get better is to put everything else away and only shoot the red dot. Going back and forth between sights and red dots does not help me get better with the red dot. I would have to force myself to learn it.

Are your irons cowitnessed with your red dot? Mine are, and I find that switching back and forth between red dot and non-red dot equipped pistols actually helps me pick up the dot quicker.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Are your irons cowitnessed with your red dot? Mine are, and I find that switching back and forth between red dot and non-red dot equipped pistols actually helps me pick up the dot quicker.

No shots are required to learn to pick up the dot from the draw. Just practice it until it is second nature.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

No shots are required to learn to pick up the dot from the draw. Just practice it until it is second nature.

Absolutely. Just 5 minutes a day drawing and dry firing will make a huge difference.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.