Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
If there is not enough current hunting pressure to keep the wolf population in control, then incentivize hunters. For each wolf killed, refund 100% of a deer license - out of state hunters included. For every two wolves killed, refund 100% of an elk license.

Would this work? Or maybe my idea has some holes in it?

GOV"T doesn't think like that, most are there to have a secure job with benefits/pension. They're not looking to give department/budget money away.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dale06
Why don’t they sell licenses and allow hunter to kill them. Lots of people I think would pay for a license. Versus using tax payer money to kill them.

Allow hunters to kill them??? They incentivize hunters to kill them. They will give you 2000 dollars for each wolf killed.

Licenses are 11 dollars apiece and you could get 5 last time I was up that way. I think it's 10 now.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$1,000,000.00 Wolf fund

Divided by

$500.00 Bounty per Wolf

Equals

2,000 Dead Wolves

That'd get more people interested in hunting a few down.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
So the feds put them there/reintroduced them, no they want to get rid of most of them? Gotcha.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
HeeHaw, quote, "Government Aid is the government taking a quart of blood, out of you left arm, putting it in your right arm, and spilling half of it on the way."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh Oh, the great wolf crusaders BHA trolls Culdumb and Buzzh are going to come on here soon and say wolves only kill the sick animals and actually help the moose, elk and deer.

Last edited by ribka; 01/20/22.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They could use the money to pay hunters bounty to kill them. They have devastated the elk population, and now are killing cows, sheep and other livestock. Our pioneers ancestors killed bears and wolves to protect their livestock.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Oh Oh, the great wolf crusaders Culdumb and Buzzh are going to come on here soon and say wolves only kill the sick animals and actually help the moose, elk and deer.

Ya who the fuuck didn’t see this coming.. just look at the millions and millions of $$ spent, that coulda been spent on managing species folks care about and that could actually make $$$. What a god damn farce

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
$1,000,000.00 Wolf fund

Divided by

$500.00 Bounty per Wolf

Equals

2,000 Dead Wolves

That'd get more people interested in hunting a few down.

Bingo.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, remove some restrictions, allow leghold traps. Idaho may already, just saying. With a longer season, allowing trapping, the next step would be targeted bounties in problem areas, those numbers will fall.

In WI 80% or so were caught with traps, the MB-750 the premiere choice.

IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Bounty! Pay the public to go after ‘em instead of making them buy a tag.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

24/7/365 open season + no bag limit + a bounty - that should take care of things . . .
Except for the bounty we essentially have that now but the wolves keep increasing. Hunters can't keep up with the breeding rate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
You would think Colorado would learn from this but......

I'd have thought the same, but I spent time in CO years back, when it was still a solid red state. Obviously things have changed. Front range city folks foist liberal policy onto 98% of the rest of the state. Same thing in most other states, I suppose.

But now they have wolves in the Flat Tops. Won't be long until they decimate one of the greatest elk hunting opportunities there ever was for average guys. Sure the Flat tops got hammered with hunters, but we at least always saw a fair amount of animals, and if you hunted hard and didn't mind north facing slopes with dead fall jungles, there was usually opportunities.

Can't help but think that it's all part of the plan. Things just dovetail together a little too nicely: Get rid of the game, get rid of the hunters. Get rid of the hunters, get rid of more gun owners and gun rights advocates. Get rid of more gun owners . . .

Last edited by Starbuck; 01/20/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A 2 prong drag on a 10’ chain.

Attached Images
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
cheapest best way is poison them out.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A bounty would not help a hunter get w/in range of a wolf. I have hunted all over Idaho every year since delisting and have yet to get a shot. Wolves cover a lot of territory and you have to be in the right place at the right time. Wolves don't live in easy country nor are they dumb. Hunting Himalayan Snow Cocks in the Rubies is an easier hunt.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
South Dakota just spent more than that on coyotes last year. 11k song dogs at the tube of 175 a piece or something like that.
All part of managing them

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Geno67
Foundation for Wildlife Management will reimburse every hunter cost up to 2000 dollars per wolf right now. That's fuel, ammunition, vehicle purchase, food, lodging, license fees, etc. - If anyone needed a go ahead to kill them - there it is. There's one wolf for every 47 miles though - good luck unless a pack runs across your lap while you're diddling around on the ridges.

I've always carried more than one wolf tag and hunted them aggressively. They are very, very difficult to find even using bait. I've only seen one and only for a few seconds. I've never killed one in the lower 48. By comparison, I've had hundreds of bears and dozens of cats in the crosshairs.

Thank you - you told me a lot that I did not know.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by sourdough44

A 2 prong drag on a 10’ chain.

SOurdough, I have not heard from you in years. I am glad you are still well. As for the pic of the trap, that is the best by far. From trapping coons and rats I learned long ago, a trap is quiet, it is incredibly patient,,, and has 24/7/365 to wait. While us hunters want to see action in a few hours.. I set a trap and go to bed . The trap does the work for me. I just decided tonight that I am going to start trapping fox. I am so tired of fox on my cam almost every night, and I love rabbit hunting and very seldom even see them anymore. Way too many varmints out there.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Adams
cheapest best way is poison them out.

That involves a lot of collateral other-species kill, but it is likely the cheapest. Helicopter gunships (to borrow a phrase from the "lupus uber alls " dickheads,) are the most effective (but not cheap!) to reduce wolf populations.

It gets even speedier if you manage to burn up one of the choppers while refueling, as happened up here, once upon a time.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10gaugemag, 35sambar, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 15 invisible), 1,591 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,656
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.