We are a pretty good team!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
BP-B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Those here, who have met Joy ("The Warden") marvel at her tolerance level, and restraint.
She hasn't shot me - yet. smile smile smile
48 years together - married 46.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

42 years in a few weeks, together 45. Met on a ski trip in college. Best first date ever, lasted a whole week. My best friend and the rock that held us together when we tragically lost our daughter and then one of the boys eight years later. Loves adventure, casts a mean dry fly and lets me pick which room I vacuum first!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Young couples could stand to read this thread

Last edited by hanco; 01/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too hit the jackpot. 26 1/2 years ago now. My heart still flutters when she walks into a room. I'll post this pic, because I took it in a coffee shop while we were just out and about and as I was looking at her I just couldn't help but tell her how beautiful she was and that I loved her. I said that I was going to take her picture and she protested, because her hair wasn't done, her makeup wasn't right, she was wearing one of my shirts, blah blah blah. But I took the pic and saved it, because I absolutely love how she looks on any given day. And regardless of how she looks, I can't imagine daily life without her.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
19352012;
Good morning to you sir, I trust that the morning is behaving itself in your part of Iowa and all within your circle are well.

Thanks very much for a wonderfully positive thread, it's nice to see.

I'll send a sincere tip of the hat to one and all who've made it through the thick and thin times with their significant other - well done.

When I looked for a photo of the brains of the outfit I wasn't able to find anything newer than our eldest daughter's wedding which will be 6 years ago this year if I'm not wrong.

For us it will be 40 years that we met this spring and 40 years that we're married this fall. No, we didn't know each other that long, but as we like to tell people, "we thought it was a good idea at the time!". laugh

I've often said I never could have done anything to deserve the blessings I've received in this life and my better half and our girls absolutely are a key component in those blessings.

Thanks again all and all the best to each and every one of you.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Young couple could stand to read this thread

Yep

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great photo of a beautiful team - B and V are very thoughtful, very generous, hard-working and successful. One feels blessed in their presence.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
We are a pretty good team!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lovely photograph - speaks volumes. Thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by Waders
I too hit the jackpot. 26 1/2 years ago now. My heart still flutters when she walks into a room. I'll post this pic, because I took it in a coffee shop while we were just out and about and as I was looking at her I just couldn't help but tell her how beautiful she was and that I loved her. I said that I was going to take her picture and she protested, because her hair wasn't done, her makeup wasn't right, she was wearing one of my shirts, blah blah blah. But I took the pic and saved it, because I absolutely love how she looks on any given day. And regardless of how she looks, I can't imagine daily life without her.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Met the ol ball and chain in 97 married her in 2000. Going on 22yrs this coming September. Best wife a guy could ask for..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
One good divorce will change you. I cannot imagine having to share my home with a woman again. No thanks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Wife is MENSA smart and has tolerated me for 35 years.

My first Wife suffered from bipolar disorder and self-medicated with cocaine. When I found out, I tried to get her help, but addicts are impossibele to reason with, so she only tolerated my interference in her life for 90 days. The last thing that she said to me on the day of our divorce became final was "you tried to change me, but I don't want to be changed.", Her siblings and parents supported me more than her, since I was trying to accomplsih what they'd been unable to do. My ex-SIL told me that the day N decided to divorce me was the luckiest day of my life and she was right, right up until I met my current Wife.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
One good divorce will change you. I cannot imagine having to share my home with a woman again. No thanks.
I'm ignorant due to inexperience, and do not know the nature or definition of a good divorce. But, maybe getting to know and understand an excellent woman would change the imagination - and bring you a far better experience. Best wishes.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
mine makes a damn good sammich and can really take a punch

just kidding, sammich ain't all that

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
mine makes a damn good sammich and can really take a punch

just kidding, sammich ain't all that

Hahahah, aw, [bleep]. laugh

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

Treat her like she is the favour of God.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It seems I’ve become the Wifey’s “boy” since I retired a few weeks ago. I’m doing the little errand crap she has done. I may have to start wearing a damn dress before long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it gets you the same reward that takin’ her dancin’ does, I reckon’ you’ll keep after it…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!” – Helen Keller

[Linked Image from ]

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/21/22. Reason: Typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
It seems I’ve become the Wifey’s “boy” since I retired a few weeks ago. I’m doing the little errand crap she has done. I may have to start wearing a damn dress before long.

You'll get it figured out before long... laugh

Deer lease. Fishing trips. Gotta go this. Gotta go do that... All excuses to get away for awhile. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (219DW, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,913 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.