BP-B6

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Looks familiar

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Scotty, Stick.

What’s your thoughts on the Athlon scopes vs Tract Toric UHD?

Stick, what are these sexy carbon’s ? Howa actions ?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

I'm pretty sure that's the Chinese made Analton that became the darling of a thread last Fall. Chinese optic in Chinese rings. Beijing 2022 edition.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Scotty, Stick.

What’s your thoughts on the Athlon scopes vs Tract Toric UHD?

Stick, what are these sexy carbon’s ? Howa actions ?

🦫

I’m kinda waiting for it to explode in a ginormous rice explosion but so far it’s holding tight. My only complaint is what Kingston says, it’s made in communist China for an American company. The scope itself is really good. I wanted a FFP, Mil, illuminated scope for this set up and my next option that I would’ve liked would have been a Trijicon at 1300 bucks whereas my price for this 4-20 was 440 to my door. The magnification ring and parallax adjustments are smooth. I haven’t done extensive tracking yet but during zeroing it moved properly. I’ll try a tall target test and see what it does.

Again, if it explodes into a poof of dust, I deserve it, but I don’t think it’s going to. I has brass guts in the turrets and feels club like heavy.

No experience with Tract.

Last edited by beretzs; 01/21/22.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I’m not telling you anything you didn’t already know, just thinking out loud. Has the Golden Age of bolt action rifles as we knew it come and gone?

Nothing desirable from Kimber (Montana, Classic, Classic Select).
Ruger 77’s or Hawkeye’s have mutated into a techno/tactical version that doesn’t appeal to me.
Remington 700’s are shipping in a few forms, but they’re just using up old parts. The new “Alpha” 700 has me interested, but no idea when they’ll ship. I don’t think stainless is an option either.
No Barrett Fieldcraft’s for now and I don’t expect them ever to return in the same form.
Winchester isn’t the old Winchester and they’re not shipping well either.
Tikka still makes a good stainless hunting rifle, but shipments are far and few between.
Christensen has done a decent job keeping rifles on the shelf.
Proof has been shipping a few too.

I know all about the manufacturing challenges. Maybe I’m getting old? Not that I don’t think there is a place for the Ruger American or the Savage Axis, I just think there is a huge segment of the bolt action market that wants something better. It appears as if every manufacturer thinks dipping their stocks in some god awful camouflage and cerakoting the action is innovation.

I know I can’t be the only person out there disgusted with what’s currently available on the market?

I agree 100%. The past few years I've been rebarreling nice old classic walnut rifles instead of buying new. I'd buy a Ruger African if I could get one and maybe another Mauser M12 but that's about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is Fascinatingly Fhuqking HILARIOUS,how little it takes for Couchbound Karens to cry...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute",whether it extolling their exceedingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities,or to brandish their Homoerotic Fantasies in the first hand. At least they can gawk pictures of wares that exist,if only to fuel more Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now for them who actually shoot,I reckon the Howie Mini's to be a right proper platform. Stocks are under 17 ounces,the metal is right,bows are heavy in OEM guise at 22"(264 Grendels),but shine brightly at 19". One can drive the polymer DBM and proprietary schit mag,or go BDL ala a coupla routes. I'm of the opinion that increasing COAL and losing polymer,to improve handling,at the "expense" of losing(1) round in the belly,is smart bidness(more BDL coming in the Mail). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

With balance/handling pinpointed,it's likely no thang to dupe and nestle them sub 17 ounces. 7" RPM Bart' for me,with some Lapooey brass and ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that Crying Karens "get" to read about it!?! Magfed .585 BC Smooches,is gonna force the gals to Re-Google all over again. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I happen to prefer the 22PPC AFI to either 22BR and/or 6BR,but pardon my shooting it all. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now as to glass that'll track,repeat,hold zero,flaunt daylight bright illumination,house locking elevation/windage turrets,(10) Mil's per circle and has a robust zero stop,I can see where that'd go against EVERYTHING that The Do Nothing Gang "does". The close parallax and 35+ Mil's of erector travel(don't forget to loosen the zero stop on the NIB's),likely don't suck either. 'Course that's "mean",as you'd hafta' actually fhuqking shoot,to savvy. Not that Karens don't read my every word,gawk every Splendid Pixel and root for the mail(weather has been tough ladies,but there's a goodly pile I need to go through. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Looking forward to some Fresh Whine,through their personalized masks. Hopefully the 4-16x Arken Gen2 FFP Mil Lit Bitch,arrives today. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's "cute" that he learned the word "Karen"

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
And cuter yet that he posted ten great pictures, first-hand info on a new rifle most have never seen, a new scope that's selling thousands, and a cartridge that does things no factory chambering can do in a similar size package.

Last edited by dznnf7; 01/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, thanks for the comparison pic of the Howa mag length. I'm awaiting delivery of one of those Athlons as we speak so I appreciate you fellas posting up.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

What's REALLY cute,is your Clueless Sniveling Brokedicktitude and the simplistic Fact that you've yet to turn a lick in your "life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Luckily for you Imagination,Pretend and Hurt Feelers reports are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Might I suggest Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you stay glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixels? Pardon wares that exist,upsetting you so. Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining,Trying and Crying Karen.

Hint.

Sock',

The increase in COAL was nice in OEM guise,though I only ran 200rds of 120 Burners through it hastily and tossed it into the Mail on the same Vacation. I'd take a little more wall thickness on the magbox,but I'm hard on schit,on the average. Hint.

It's been a loonnnggggggggg fhuqking time,since I've asked for an OEM spout back and I'da' pulled it myself,were it not requisite for the Dupe Template. Long way of saying,the Little Bitch shot rather exceptionally as issued,though chopped to 19". I flogged on it purty good and tried to get it hot enough to sizzle spit,while it kept throwing 120's where the etched reticle were aimed. Here's the last 5rds I had loaded,dumped into 100yd paper and schit is still round and even on 6x,the mirage was fhuqking STUPID,due to barrel heat. Fhuqker wouldn't do a TRUE Sizzle,but it was assuredly Hotter Than Fhuqk Hint.

I figure the greater contoured versions of the Mini are more apt to be tripped over and the Skinny Minny Spout Swap hardly a big fhuqking deal. Hint.

While I'm certainly NO Fan of the 264 Grendel,the Little OEM Mini Bitch,"forced" me into building a Krunchenticker chambered same and in Stealth Camo. Hint.

All of which makes me love the 22PPC AFI even more. Hint......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's one sorry sumb!sh

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tickles,

Don't be so hard on yourself,luckily even for you,it's free to gawk Splendid Pixels and Whine aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot. Though in fairness,it isn't like you could even begin to "do" for yourself. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best Karen.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cute that she's so attached to the term Karen even after it's mostly fallen out of vogue everywhere else

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s a lot of sexiness in the Howa 2022 Catalog.

https://www.howausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022_LSI_Howa_Catalog_LQ.pdf

Ultra light frames, and same with carbon barrels, if that’s a guys jam.

Howa makes a solid receiver, or at least they used to....I have an old, first production custom build from Gunwerks in 7WSM back before they caught fire and started turning out $12k builds.

Bansner frame, Slabbed Howa receiver. The only unknown is the barrel mfg. I’ve talked to Gunwerks twice over the years, both times they could only confirm they built it, no build information on the rifle.

It’s been a flawless shooting and a operating jewel.

🦫

PS

The VX6 went down the road.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s a sharp rig Beav.

I’m a fan of Howas myself. I especially like when I catch their barreled actions on sale. Good fun guns.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s a sharp rig Beav.

I’m a fan of Howas myself. I especially like when I catch their barreled actions on sale. Good fun guns.

Same here...Even the Weatherby Vanguards with Howa actions seemed to consistently out performance the Mark5 rifles that cost twice as much.

Weird, I tell ya.

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, I’ve seen the same. We have a few of them in the family and they’ve made good hunting rifles.

We have a MK5 as well but it was a gift and it does shoot well but the Howas by and large have been good, solid rifles and yeah, like you said a 1/3 or 1/2 as much.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

I musta' missed the Memo,stating your Crying Karen Kchuntitude has done anything other than increase...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can afford to read about wares and ogle pics,while making shooting sounds with your Imagination and Pretend,from your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining,Trying and Crying Karen.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Beav/Retzs,

Howies don't aspook me and I'll ALWAYS take (2) lugs over 6 or 9,if only because I shoot 'em all,to the chagrin of Crying Karens everywhere. Hint.(grin)

All of my 7 Whizzums are Montucky(3) or 700(1) and I hear good thangs about said chambering. Though the whole fhuqking neighborhood soaked up the Brownell's Howie Seex Kreedmire Barreled Action Sale. Nary a complaint,which is anything but "surprising". Hint.

The 6 ARC Mini Bitches,are gonna fhuqking rewrite The Book. Tempted to M5 DBM a S/S Seven 223AI and have it sip from AR alloy mags in 22PPC AFI. Hint.

Somewhat akin to THE Magnificent Seven. Hint.

Decisions/decisions and that noise you hear,is DooshMike and Tickles Googlin'. Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick

Agree that the 6 ARC could be the next love child that everyone will say they fathered.

Explain your high expectations on said chambering. I’ve already thrown my condoms away. I want one.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stick

Agree that the 6 ARC could be the next love child that everyone will say they fathered.

Explain your high expectations on said chambering. I’ve already thrown my condoms away. I want one.

🦫

A little Howa 6 with decent mags or a plain old BDL style magazine would be something for my little fella to get behind as well. I’d think in a bolt gun you could gas them a little more if you wanted. I’m not sure I’d care since it’s been excellent in my 18” AR. Kinda nice having near 243 speeds and using any bullet I care to in it. Plus, they are supporting it with a pile of load data.

I’m still emptying out brass and haven’t loaded for it yet, but I’m betting LVR and whatever bullet I have will work fine though.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick

🦫

A little Howa 6 with decent mags or a plain old BDL style magazine would be something for my little fella to get behind as well. I’d think in a bolt gun you could gas them a little more if you wanted. I’m not sure I’d care since it’s been excellent in my 18” AR. Kinda nice having near 243 speeds and using any bullet I care to in it. Plus, they are supporting it with a pile of load data.

I’m still emptying out brass and haven’t loaded for it yet, but I’m betting LVR and whatever bullet I have will work fine though.

I was trying to nudge my buddy, SandBully, towards one for his up and coming animal slaying son.

I’d bolt gun the 6, but that just me. I’m intrigued, especially at the price point for a Howa. I could build one, but why jump through logistical hoops to locate components when Howa already made me one. Grins.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
621 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.