Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Meat Loaf, the ‘I’d Do Anything for Love’ singer, dead at 74
Singer's career spanned six decades
By Brie Stimson | Fox News
Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf, has died at the age of 74, a representative for the musician confirmed to Fox News.

A rep said on his Facebook page: "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours."

The singer’s career spanned six decades and he was in dozens of movies, including "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," "Fight Club" and "Wayne's World."
"We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man," the statement said. "We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. From his heart to your souls…don’t ever stop rocking!"

The singer grew up in Dallas, Texas, and moved to New York City after high school where he started landing Broadway roles like "Hair" and "The Rocky Horror Show" in 1975, Deadline reported.

His album "Bat Out of Hell" is one of the 10 bestselling albums of all time, with worldwide sales of more than 40 million copies.

The 1977 song was a collaboration with songwriter Jim Steinman and producer Todd Rundgren. Steinman died last year.

Meat Loaf and Steinman had a falling out but managed to reunite in 2016.

His biggest musical success after "Bat Out of Hell" was "Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell," a 1993 reunion with Steinman that sold more than 15 million copies and featured the Grammy-winning single "I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)."

Other hits by the singer include "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and "Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad." He has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, according to Deadline.

His cause of death has not been reported. The singer has had a number of health scares over the years.

FOX News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bat out of hell was a good tune.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is a big loss, If you really listen to his music he was a very talented man, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights got me to thinking about the girls I dated, after 35 years of marriage I'm still not praying for the end of time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman were the perfect musical match in the late 70's. RIP.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bat out of hell was great. I was disappointed with what came after.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Damn fine singer. Recorded half the songs on Stranglehold album for nugent

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Never cared for thier music.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Never cared for thier music.

His music!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
This is a big loss, If you really listen to his music he was a very talented man, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights got me to thinking about the girls I dated, after 35 years of marriage I'm still not praying for the end of time.

Ya! But you wife is!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I had to google meatloaf

Just another long haired hippie, jumping around a stage screaming, making fools of themselves

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

I had to google meatloaf

Just another long haired hippie, jumping around a stage screaming, making fools of themselves

Least ways he werern't singin' that damn rap crap.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

I had to google meatloaf

laugh dam-right

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Paradise by the Dashboard Light . I could always relate to that song.RIP big dude.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
One of my favorites. Listened to Bat Out of Hell on the 8 track back in the day. Have it on CD now and I'll be playing it this evening while enjoying a bourbon manhatten and reminiscing. RIP Meatloaf.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He was a master of his trade.

Paradise in the dashboard lights was the best!

Black Cows Matter!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Slumlord: You are mostly off base here!
I had a body guard assignment years ago where our crew was hired to provide security for Mr. Meatloaf for two days while he was doing a "stint" out on the west coast.
Anyway unbeknowst to us he was a non-drinker, non-drugger, non-womanizer type guy!
He was courteous to our crew, and not condescending at all to us - which is rather rare amongst "hollywood types"!
That aside he did play the part of "rock-star" but now I think he did so to accumulate his vast fortune - and I can not fault him for that.
He sold MILLIONS of albums and appeared in 65 movies one of his albums (Bat Out Of Hell) is to this day one of the top ten selling albums OF ALL TIME!
This album (from 1977!) to this day, currently sells over 200,000 (two hundred thousand!) albums every year.
To say he was a MAJOR success would be an understatement!
Try to deride him if you wish, but in this instance I contend YOU are flat out wrong.
Plus he was a REPUBLICAN!
Rest in peace Meatloaf (Michael Lee Aday).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know I was just having some fun, pretending to be a crotchety old Manlicker persona.

😃

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why does everyone feel it necessary to try to put his real name, wrongly more often than not of course, like you guys were personal friends from way back. On the two threads so far I’ve seen him called Michael, and Mark, while the article clearly stated Marvin.
Everyone knew him as Meatloaf, nobody is thinking about how cool it is to call him by the wrong given name.

RIP Meatloaf, you were a talent sir.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good guy or commie?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

450 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,389
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.