Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Emailed a nightforce dealer about a old stock scope, to see if he had stock. He didn’t.
Tried to steer me to march scopes. He “claims” they are better than nightforce both optically and mechanically.

I never heard of them.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
BP-B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

March scopes are excellent scope with the widest zoom range in the industry. Other may have caught up with the zoom range but March was the first with a 10 times zoom.
They were first built for the competition market. I don't think that you would be disappointed at all.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JeffP
Emailed a nightforce dealer about a old stock scope, to see if he had stock. He didn’t.
Tried to steer me to march scopes. He “claims” they are better than nightforce both optically and mechanically.

I never heard of them.....

I looked through one of their benchrest scopes that was set at 50X and it was an amazing revelation - I had no idea that a scope could be that crisp and clear at that power. I don't know about how well they are mechanically but quite a few benchrest shooters are using them so they must be pretty good. But they are expensive.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Their 1-10 has a 24mm obj ......

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Story is they built the best scope they possibly could with no boundaries.. When it was finished was when they put a price on it.

Not the other way around.

IC B2

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Anyone use this scope March Compact 1.5-15x42mm

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My hunting buddy runs all March scopes. We've never had a problem

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Not a lot of engineering or raw goods in a scope, yet they're same price as a used motorcycle... 😝

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only complaint I’ve heard is tight eyebox, which come with the territory on high zoomX. I’d expect them to be near perfect in all regards with that price tag, are they? Perfect tracking, RTZ, zero retention after impact, etc? Where’s Form when ya need him?

Also, how long have they been around? Relatively new right? Will they be around if you need them 10 yrs from now after dropping a mortgage payment to buy one?

Last edited by SDHNTR; 01/20/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Not a lot of engineering or raw goods in a scope, yet they're same price as a used motorcycle... 😝

You mean the cost of a used motorcycle a couple of years ago. laugh

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

You mean the cost of a used motorcycle a couple of years ago. laugh

Now the same as a used flintlock

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

You priced motorcycles lately?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're unbelievably nice in all regards. They also make long range scopes that don't weigh as much as a lightweight rifle. For a long range hunting rifle in the sub 10# range, they're as good a scope as money can buy.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Anyone use this scope March Compact 1.5-15x42mm

I have one, amazing scope. I will answer more fully in the morning.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jwp475

March scopes are excellent scope with the widest zoom range in the industry. Other may have caught up with the zoom range but March was the first with a 10 times zoom.
They were first built for the competition market. I don't think that you would be disappointed at all.

Just to follow up on this the first March scopes were for the competition market, the short range benchrest shooters. they were a fixed 45X

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two of the 10x60s.
I've been pounding on them now 5 years and counting.
No issues to date

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
As promised, here is a longer answer.
March riflescopes are a brand of scopes designed and manufactured by the Japanese company called Deon Optical Design corporation. It is celebrating its 15th year right now and they have built and moved into a new factory building. Their official website is www.marchscopes.com. You can read their story as the site is replete with information.

They have designed and built various models over this time, and you can see the evolution of the various designs over that time frame. Their current line-up is very impressive. From best in class LPVOs, as exemplified by the March 1-10X24 with dual reticle to the March-X 8-80X56 (Second Focal Plane) and the March Genesis 6-60X56 (First Focal Plane with 118mil adjustmenr range), they have the most innovative designs, with the top-notch manufacturing to deliver these products.

I have learned a great deal about their products, the company, and its people over the last 6 years. They have invited me to attend SHOT show in their booth in 2018-2020. There was no SHOT show in 2021 and this year, they only have a static display because of travel restrictions from Japan. They have already asked me to be in their booth in 2023. I do not work for Deon/March. I do not sell scopes. I am just a HUGE fan of their products, I am a competitive shooter, and I know a little bit about optics.

March scopes were the first ones anywhere to feature ED-glass in riflescopes. They started that almost from the beginning of their history. In fact, all March scopes have ED glass elements except for a few models. The LPVOs with 24mm objectives have non-ED glass. The others that do not have ED glass, instead have Super-ED glass, and again, March is the first anywhere to have Super-ED glass and currently still the only ones. Before you pooh-pooh ED and Super-ED glass as "marketing fluff," don't. Just don't, it's a real thing. I'm happy to discuss it, but in another post.

The March 1.5-15X42 that you asked about is an innovative design with a huge objective lens in a 1.5X base magnification. I have one mounted on a competition-grade AR-15. I love the range of magnification, as an all-around optic. When I got mine about 18 months ago, I noticed that the objective lens group appeared to be a new design. It certainly has a little heft to it. I have since discovered that my suspicions were correct and learned a bit about the reasons for the new design. At the low end of magnifications, this is one impressive riflescope.

March scopes are all hand-made in Japan by Deon, now at that new factory. The bodies are made from a solid ingot of aluminum (not the 6061 or 7075 junk, better stuff,) and machined down to the proper shape. No extrusion, no multi-piece. Everything in the scope is top quality all-Japanese parts. (There is not China crap in there anywhere.) The scope bodies are filled with argon, not nitrogen, for longer life. Everything about these scopes is designed and built for long life.

The warranty is 10 years, because of Japanese law, but they will support you beyond that time. I have several March scopes and have had March for almost 10 years now. I have never had a problem with any of them.

March scopes are usually built to order because they have so many options and features, but some dealers have some of the most popular models in stock. It usually takes two months to get the exact model you want with the specific features (reticle, knobs) that you want.

If you have specific questions about a certain model, post it here. I'm sure someone can answer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
March is best quality.

They are all I shoot in competition.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Anyone have to send one back? Some dealers end the relationship at sale. If your scope is defective it’s on you to send it to Japan.

These are three on my short list
US Optics FDN 10x 1.8-10x42
Nightforce NSX 2.5-10x42
March compact 1.5-10x42

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone have to send one back? Some dealers end the relationship at sale. If your scope is defective it’s on you to send it to Japan.

These are three on my short list
US Optics FDN 10x 1.8-10x42
Nightforce NSX 2.5-10x42
March compact 1.5-10x42

Get the Nightforce and go kill stuff...
👍👍👍

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.