Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Any Chainsaw colleges in the states you know of?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
university of clarksville has a fuggen phd program in chainsawing.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ok, just WTF is a chainsaw college?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Will the mills pay me more for my logs if I have a degree in chainsawology? What are the qualifications to become a professor in chainsawology? IF there is such a thing my teachers sure dropped the ball when I was in high school!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntaholic

They have it “out west”

If you cut a lot of hickory and oak, cherry, etc the “out west” have to put their 2cents in how “youns dont know nuffins”

So obviously there is a Chainsaw College that gives this heir of superiority.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lots of Forestry schools if that's what you're asking?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lots of states, TN included, have whats called a "master loggers program" that they offer. In some states its required that you have a "master logger" on your jobsite, KY is one of those states, IMAGINE THAT! Being a 3rd generation logger and being my age, piss on that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

They have it “out west”

If you cut a lot of hickory and oak, cherry, etc the “out west” have to put their 2cents in how “youns dont know nuffins”

So obviously there is a Chainsaw College that gives this heir of superiority.

Excellent wordplay using heir instead of air

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is one seeking some sort of certification or just want some pointers for taking down trees? If the second there are tons of web videos.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is not that Boss

This is the arrogant 79 year old that injects his pie holery like “ponderosa pine..yeh that some wood real men use for firewood, we split it ourselves with a boy’s ax”

i mean cmon

Or “thicket...you dont know what a thicket is....your deer property looks it a city park, where’s the swingset”

😃😂😂

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember that deer property city park comment.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just go and buy a saw and a pack of bandaids and get out there and start sawing, that's the best way to learn chainsawology...LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can keep the sucker running and not bind the bar and get it stuck you're golden. I could be a professor at said college

Romans 5:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be the student aid coordinator at the school. I'm not touching a chainsaw, I haven't touched one in 30 years but I'll help you rack up debt to get learned.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
This is not that Boss

This is the arrogant 79 year old that injects his pie holery like “ponderosa pine..yeh that some wood real men use for firewood, we split it ourselves with a boy’s ax”

i mean cmon

Or “thicket...you dont know what a thicket is....your deer property looks it a city park, where’s the swingset”

😃😂😂

A thicket is what we call them french wimmins that don't shave, you can use it in a sentence thusly...them wimmins sure do have a thicket down in there, or I wonder what dat thicket is like? er, grin

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I run Wood Cutting University (WCU). You cut and I critique and grade you while you are loading up the trailer. Consistent length without measuring is a real plus. Sharpening the chain, Wedge work when felling. Splitting into wood stove size chunks. I provide the splitter and work the hydraulics. Stacking properly gets extra credit.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Me attending chainsaw college paid for my first truck back in high school, late 80’s.
1974 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 4X4 courtesy of an old Homelite Super XL.
It was an old rust bucket but it ran good and got me to where the “wimmins” was.

Last edited by JTrapper73; 01/21/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of states, TN included, have whats called a "master loggers program" that they offer. In some states its required that you have a "master logger" on your jobsite, KY is one of those states, IMAGINE THAT! Being a 3rd generation logger and being my age, piss on that!

So I'm thinking that this here is the reason for the huge failure of the US Forest Service in managing forests to help control wildfires. Instead of havinga "Master logger" on the job sites they've just got a crew of "Master Baters"

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AZmark

So I'm thinking that this here is the reason for the huge failure of the US Forest Service in managing forests to help control wildfires. Instead of havinga "Master logger" on the job sites they've just got a crew of "Master Baters"

LOL Pretty much sums it up! Ive had the Forestry Dept come out on ONE job that I was doing, private land of course so when I saw the trucks pull up I just kept right on working. Instead, I let the guy loading logs for me talk to them, that guy missed his calling, he should have been telling cowboy stories to kindergardeners. He could talk the balls off a brass monkey. At one point whle I was cutting and pulling a drag I saw them with some paperwork laid out on the hood of the truck, I figured if they needed me they would flag me down lol. After they left, I asked my loader guy what they wanted lol. It all amounted to NOTHING.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately where I grew up if you were proficient with a chain saw it meant you are too stupid or lazy for a college degree. Yeah, I’m pretty handy with a chainsaw 😞

As to the out west holier than now tards telling you how cut hickory or whatever rest assured they are guaranteed wannabees and wouldn’t know how to file and cut anything harder than cardboard probably. But man they got real big trees all around them in their new place out west. 👩‍🌾

Last edited by Salty303; 01/21/22.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.