Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not looking for other suggestions, just between the two please. And why? And of course in 9mm.

Last edited by lastround; 01/21/22.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What’s the price difference?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have not compared real world prices, but it appears (on GunBroker) that the price for either will be close. But expensive. That’ll be ok though. I’m gonna trade in a couple of what I don’t like.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I seriously considered a 226 or 229 Sig myself, but those I could find always available and nice enough, but I thought that they felt chunky. CZ's were much harder to find which told me something about the supply and demand. I handled a stainless 75B I think it was, but since I was looking more for a carry 9mm, I thought that the steel frame 75 CZ handguns were heavy for my purposes. A couple years back, one of the guys ran a thread of what was our favorite exposed hammer 9mm and the then discontinued Browning Hi Power got the most votes. Number two though was the CZ 75 series and a couple of the guys refined their choice as the CZ 75D PCR aluminum frame 9mm. Cajun Gun Works in Louisiana specializes in tuning CZ handguns as well as selling their modified versions and lists the 75 D PCR as their favorite carry CZ. That model is sold out for them pretty often. I couldn't find a stock one locally myself, but a local Scheels Sports checked their store inventory and said that there was one in Washington state and their North Dakota Scheels store and that they could have one to me in about a week. Sold. Mine did go down to Cajun for a rework to get rid of the trigger slap and get fiber optic sights, but even stock, 500 rounds to break it in of everything 115, 124 and 147 grain and it never jammed even once. No buyers remorse on that one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lastround
Not looking for other suggestions, just between the two please. And why? And of course in 9mm.

I've fired both side-by-side, and prefer the CZ-75. It feels better in my hand, I felt like it had less felt recoil, and I simply shoot it better. That is all subjective of course. A lot of folks whose opinion I respect like the Sig better.

My CZ has functioned reliably, and accurately, with everything I've fed it: factory and reloads. The best advice I can give is to get your hands on one of each, and see which one you like the best.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Can’t speak to the 226. Have held and fired some sigs but not that one. Don’t own any sigs myself either. Do own a CZ 75 SP 01 ( a 75 B with a rail, basically), it doesn’t have a de-cocker and can be carried cocked and locked. I believe the 226 is opposite of that? Those features may or may not matter to you. Been very, very pleased with the CZ. Heavy gun, but I like that for what I do with it - range, truck gun, and home defense. Paid 8 hundo for it which may be a bit much, but no regrets in this current market.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 01/21/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No experience with CZs...but lots of Sig experience. Maybe biased. But nothing else feels good to me.

The Sig 320 AXG Scorpion (or any of the metal framed 320s) also feels right to me.

I love me a 226, 229 or 227 with the short reset trigger. I put them in all of mine after trying one.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have had both and very much prefer a CZ 75. Though most stock CZs require a trigger job as their DA trigger is on the heavy side. Ergonomically speaking, the Sig, while a good pistol does not fit the hand anywhere near as well as a CZ for the vast majority of shooters. A well tuned CZ, especially one with a shorter trigger, is an exceptionally easy pistol to shoot well. The design is very common among top end competitors for that reason.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sig makes outstanding pistols, but they just have never appealed to me; so I'd be snapping up the CZ 75. I have always liked the CZ75, its a very cool pistol.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What don’t you like about those you are trading in? Are they pistols?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

Mr. Harry,
No disrespect, but I don’t want to get into the pistols that I don’t like (and will trade) because some on here like the ones I dislike. I shouldn’t have mentioned my dislike on the original post. No need to plow that ground.

Doug
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

Mr. Harry,
No disrespect, but I don’t want to get into the pistols that I don’t like (and will trade) because some on here like the ones I dislike. I shouldn’t have mentioned my dislike on the original post. No need to plow that ground.

Fair enough, I just asked in the interest of ‘trouble-shooting’ commonalities they may or may not share with the two models you are asking about. GL.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The CZ's are way cooler. Nothing wrong with the SIG, but I just love the CZ75 platform for all the reasons previous posters have mentioned. If I were to decide I need a new competition gun for some reason, it would be one of the purpose built CZ75's.

Mathew 22: 37-39

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m a 226 guy. I have bigger hands and the 226, especially equipped with the E2 style grip, fits my hand perfectly. With an SRT and 19# hammer spring, it’s a real shooter. I have been shooting DA/SA pistols for a long time and it doesn’t bother me. If you’re not used to that or aren’t able to train with it, it’s easy to send round #1 off the mark. I don’t have any experience with the SAO or DAK versions.

The CZ isn’t a bad pistol and I could see owning one. I just really like the 226 and I shoot it well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are both very reliable pistols. Handle them both; one will speak to you.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have been a fan of the CZs for a good while, but my previous one had pretty bad trigger slap. My current one is a 75B Omega Convertible. The new trigger eliminates the slap, and is supposed to be more rugged. It came with the parts to convert to a cocked & locked configuration, but I left the decocker installed as I don’t carry it often. I also picked up a Kadet 2 unit, which turns it into a fine .22 pistol with adjustable sights using the same trigger and safety as the 9.

FWIW, neither of my CZs ever malfunctioned, not once, even when I limp-wristed the first on purpose. So far, neither has the Kadet unit, but I’m sure at some point I’ll feed it a dud that will break that streak. Great pistols. I wish they came in Nitride instead of poly-coated, but that’s a minor quibble.

I admire the Sigs, but see no reason to switch. I’m one of those who finds the CZ a perfect fit in my hand.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Having had both, I'd pick the cz75. They are both excellent pistols, but the CZ checks more boxes for me than the sig does.. YMMV

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I’m a 226 guy. I have bigger hands and the 226, especially equipped with the E2 style grip, fits my hand perfectly. With an SRT and 19# hammer spring, it’s a real shooter. I have been shooting DA/SA pistols for a long time and it doesn’t bother me. If you’re not used to that or aren’t able to train with it, it’s easy to send round #1 off the mark. I don’t have any experience with the SAO or DAK versions.

The CZ isn’t a bad pistol and I could see owning one. I just really like the 226 and I shoot it well.

Sounds like you've never owned a CZ. Hard to make a comparison between the 2 in that instance. In my experience the CZ smokes the Sig in both handling and accuracy. I have pretty big hands, so both pistols are comfortable. Having said that, the CZ fits my big mitts better. I even prefer my old 3rd gen smiths over the sig, so it was sent down the road...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Go with what fits your hand better. You can set up a CZ75 Omega to be a decocker like a SIG or the original setup with a safety with the hammer cocked.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Thanks to all who responded. After re-reading this thread a couple of times and some other internet searching, I just went with the CZ 75B Omega. Brand new from Whittaker Guns. I can’t wait to get it home and give it a try….. thanks again.

Doug
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.