Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Like the gal told a politician. Now your just using big words to try and sound smart.LOL. Edk

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Endangered toad? That’s all she wrote; the Injuns don’t got nothing to worry about. Here in San Antonio a single 4mm long transparent cave spider derailed a $50,000,000 highway overpass project, existing less-safe alternative be damned.

Shoulda fought harder?

More’n anything it was de-facto biological warfare that wiped out the first 90%. Even so the White man never got across the Appalachians in more’n a Century until there was a huge disparity in numbers. After that things went exponential pretty quick, the Appalachians to the Pacific in a single human lifetime.

Man for man you could argue the Indians were better fighters, being raised from childhood into the life, certainly extraordinary feats of hardiness and endurance were a norm.

As for the language here, I dunno how many using it would say it face to face.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
And the biggest shiiiit show in recent memory was the crap the red n I g g e r s got away with in North Dakota in 2016 regarding the oil pipeline. The area where thousands and thousands of the red n I g g e r s set up camp was destroyed beyond recognition.

Pretty shameful.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Endangered toad? That’s all she wrote; the Injuns don’t got nothing to worry about. Here in San Antonio a single 4mm long transparent cave spider derailed a $50,000,000 highway overpass project, existing less-safe alternative be damned.

Shoulda fought harder?

More’n anything it was de-facto biological warfare that wiped out the first 90%. Even so the White man never got across the Appalachians in more’n a Century until there was a huge disparity in numbers. After that things went exponential pretty quick, the Appalachians to the Pacific in a single human lifetime.

Man for man you could argue the Indians were better fighters, being raised from childhood into the life, certainly extraordinary feats of hardiness and endurance were a norm.

As for the language here, I dunno how many using it would say it face to face.

Man for man you could argue no such thing

The idea of the noble savage, whether in It’s original form, or transformed to fit modern beta bullshidt arguments is just that. Bullshidt.

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah, they’re ALL about the environment.
[Linked Image from cronkitenews.azpbs.org]
but only when there’s a buck to be made.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
And the biggest shiiiit show in recent memory was the crap the red n I g g e r s got away with in North Dakota in 2016 regarding the oil pipeline. The area where thousands and thousands of the red n I g g e r s set up camp was destroyed beyond recognition.

Pretty shameful.

Ever visited Pine Ridge?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It sometimes seems like the chest beaters and teeth gnashers think this country would have gone unexplored, unsettled, and undeveloped had the white man not set foot on this land. Perhaps they would have gotten a better deal with the Chinese or Japanese. Maybe the Russians would have treated them better. This country would have been settled by someone.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
It seems to take some skill and serious thought for folks to understand fundamental differences among ethnic and racial values and behaviors - and the effects of those across time.
What is worthy of respect in this regard?

It is all worthy of respect, or at least recognition. None of that means that one ethnicity won't dominate. That is an inevitability that descends from the human condition and as such it is right and good.

Kai Murros put it as well as I have ever read:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by CCCC
It seems to take some skill and serious thought for folks to understand fundamental differences among ethnic and racial values and behaviors - and the effects of those across time.

Since the beginning of recorded time, there is not much new with regard to clash of cultures and "social" values.

In this country, most such factors did not become manifest until the 1600s or so. Which folks have learned the most about how to accommodate and take advantage of the cultural differences?

What is worthy of respect in this regard?

I have absolutely no idea what you said here ^^^^ are you perchance a college professor?

LOL, I hear ya, but it sounded really good!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pay up mòtherfùcker!

Hahahaha!

You poor white cùnts.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

And yet the fear and dread inspired by relative handfuls of Indians were able to stall or reverse the Frontier over hundreds of miles, to the point where it was generally understood it usually took an Indian to track down an Indian.

Likewise they were renowned for their skill with weapons to the point that the longest hits ever recorded with longrifles ( for whom the weapon was likely originally designed) were made by Indians.

How many White guys caught mustangs by running them down on foot or went out with edged weapons to picks fights with grizzlys?

The idea of the noble savage, whether in It’s original form, or transformed to fit modern beta bullshidt arguments is just that. Bullshidt.

Untwist thy knickers, who said anything about “noble savages” ?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Pay up mòtherfùcker!

Hahahaha!

You poor white cùnts.

Settle down there Injun Joe........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It's Injun Jim...thanks.

I am MAGA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by mart
It sometimes seems like the chest beaters and teeth gnashers think this country would have gone unexplored, unsettled, and undeveloped had the white man not set foot on this land. Perhaps they would have gotten a better deal with the Chinese or Japanese. Maybe the Russians would have treated them better. This country would have been settled by someone.

Ask the Aleuts here in Alaska about Russian settlement- or the Chukchis, etc. over in Siberia

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

And yet the fear and dread inspired by relative handfuls of Indians were able to stall or reverse the Frontier over hundreds of miles, to the point where it was generally understood it usually took an Indian to track down an Indian.

Likewise they were renowned for their skill with weapons to the point that the longest hits ever recorded with longrifles ( for whom the weapon was likely originally designed) were made by Indians.

How many White guys caught mustangs by running them down on foot or went out with edged weapons to picks fights with grizzlys?

Untwist thy knickers, who said anything about “noble savages” ?

Lolol. Ah yes, the scary Indian. Surely no “white man” put any fear into the tribes? Surely that was never documented?

Every swinging Richard who went west took it in stride. And they brought their families to boot. You “White guys” had been taming horses for centuries before they got turned loose here. I’m sure it was done incorrectly by white puzzies before the red man showed them how to do it right?

There’s nothing special about the Indians. They there folks doing what it took to survive till they came in contact with a more advanced bunch of folks

And to sell short the pioneers like you have is borderline criminal.

But then again, you thing African immigrants are crime free and here to boost the American dream for all.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's Injun Jim...thanks.

I will trade you beads and a nice blanket for a pair of seal skin boots Mr Jim.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Whatever you think of native Americans and what political sides you choose, you may want to rethink that type of name calling.

Thank you..... They have their defaults for sure, but they do have reasoning behind them.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Native Americans, as well as all of us European (and other) immigants -are watching out ,solely, for our own "tribes".

Seems to me, the "natives" lost the battles, but are winning the war - a tactics vs. strategy kind of thing. JMHO.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Supposedly my mothers great uncle George Conrad was commander of B Co, 2nd Calif Volunteer Cavalry at Dun Glen Nevada in 1866-7. A well experienced Indian fighter. He is supposed to have stated to a Humboldt Register news reporter, "We didn't defeat the Paiutes, the iron cooking kettle and the wool blanket was their Achilles heel." I guess meaning that the trade goods soon became necessities once the Indians became accustomed to them.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lolol. Ah yes, the scary Indian. Surely no “white man” put any fear into the tribes? Surely that was never documented?

Of course it was, with good reason, heck a single contaminated Euro could wipe out most of the tribe. Other than that, there was a common knowledge the Whites like rising flood waters and the futility of fighting.

Fear of Whites drove massive tribal migrations and sparked the Iroquois for one to fraudulently sell Kentucky from under the feet of the Shawnee.

Ultimately, fear of Whites led most every tribe to agree to a reservation.

Every swinging Richard who went west took it in stride. And they brought their families to boot.

Um, no. A tiny fraction of the population did, many paid for that gamble with their lives. A state of constant war was NOT the normal situation most places. When war did break out most settlers retreated from the areas of danger as best they were able.

There were a few Frontier superstars, the Boones and Kentons and their ilke, a tiny proportion of the whole population.

Here in Texas, by the 1870’s, there were around 800,000 settled in Texas, or about 160,000 men and youths of fighting age, most of whom were armed.

Meanwhile, at that same time, the rapidly dwindling Comanches and Kiowas might be able to assemble at best, 4,000 men and youths. How many Texans do you think ventured out into Comancheria? If there were as many as 200 of those 160,000 armed Texans out on the Plainsat any one time looking to pick fights with Indians that was a lot.

Like everywhere else, the country here settled up only after the threat of Indians was gone. Meanwhile, in the decades prior, small parties of Pawnees, Omaha’s, Waco’s, Caddos and Karankawas had been venturing out into Comancheria ON FOOT at a pre-Cholera time while the Comanches were still in their prime, and returning with Comanche scalps and horses.

How many White guys pulled that off?

You “White guys” had been taming horses for centuries before they got turned loose here. I’m sure it was done incorrectly by white puzzies before the red man showed them how to do it right?

You drinking tonight? Breaking horses weren’t the issue, running horses down on foot was.

There’s nothing special about the Indians. They there folks doing what it took to survive till they came in contact with a more advanced bunch of folks

Like the longrifle, the Indians adopted Euro technology early on. Heck, about the time the Cherokees came up with their own written syllabary, one of their Chiefs, Crazy James Vann, was one of the wealthiest men in America.

The Indians were swept by a more NUMEROUS bunch of folks who were breeding at a rate comparable to modern-day Kenyans.

Actually, the tipping factor was likely massive Indian losses in epidemics. India is still predominantly Indian, China still predominantly Chinese, Africa still predominantly African. White people settled there too but the natives didn’t go extinct on contact.

And to sell short the pioneers like you have is borderline criminal.

No, I merely stated fact, the Frontier everywhere retreated dramatically in the face of Indian wars, permanent settlement for the most part occurred after the Indian threat was gone. I pointed out that the Indians, man for man, were probably better warriors than the average Euro, having been raised to the life, and gave examples.

Moving to a hostile Indian Frontier back then was like moving to Northern Mexico today, most rational people didn’t care to.

But then again, you thing African immigrants are crime free and here to boost the American dream for all.

Educated professional, legal African immigrants are among our most successful immigrant groups, at a rate comparable to educated professional East Indians. Once again this is merely fact.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,501
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.