Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Saturday will be the 4th old ( life long ) friend I have helped bury this week. When you start burying your life long friends it is a real eye opener and gets all kinds of memories and emotions running thru your head. this getting old is not for puzzys ! I think I"ll get out the bottle and tip one for each of them , and take a walk down memory lane.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
jar,

Hate to hear that, may your friends rest in peace.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I lost the majority of my friends while we were on our 20s

Motorcycle,car wrecks
Overdoses
Drowning while drunk
Four wheeler balls to the wall
Carbon monoxide

Just 2 of us left from our pack

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry to hear that Jar. My buddy at work just buried his 39 year old wife this week. They have 3 kids and the oldest is only 11. Cancer got the best of that poor woman.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That sucks jar. Fortunately it's not your friends talking about you!

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by slumlord

Motorcycle,car wrecks
Overdoses
Drowning while drunk
Carbon monoxide

Ditto…..

Cancer. Drugs. Car wrecks. Prison.

Edit to add: Daniel Laird. Fire fighter. Died doing a training mission in Texas.
Rip skater.

Last edited by fester; 01/21/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that. I have been going to a lot more funerals than I used to.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very sorry to hear. Lost my best friend in high school a few weeks ago. We'd lost touch over the last dozen or so years. But the finality of a funeral is when you feel the genuine loss. Never more will you hear their laugh, or comebacks that you so cherished. This was someone that treasured your friendship as well. Life marches forward, but a part of us is left behind with each loss, but the sadness remains.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The brutal fact of the matter is that you come into the world with everything, pursue what you mistakenly think is important your whole life, and then ultately lose everything on the way out the door. Maybe this is why some say "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The brutal fact of the matter is that you come into the world with everything, pursue what you mistakenly think is important your whole life, and then ultately lose everything on the way out the door. Maybe this is why some say "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

how very true.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by fester

Motorcycle,car wrecks
Overdoses
Drowning while drunk
Carbon monoxide

Ditto…..

Cancer. Drugs. Car wrecks. Prison.

Jeebus.....

I am MAGA.
jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
thanks to all , I have come to the conclusion that it is all about the journey. but man , momma or dear ole dad never brought up this part of it all . thanks again !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

Motorcycle,car wrecks
Overdoses
Drowning while drunk
Carbon monoxide

this is where I am there is just 2 of us left. if something happens to ole tom there will not be anyone around to substantiate all my wild azz stories we lived thru as kids ! in a manner of speakin we lived really fast and have lost a few along the way . but know they are dropping way to fast !!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
jar,
I know what you're saying, you get around people that you don't have any history with, those type friends just aren't the same.

I've moved around a bit so haven't had been around any old school friends, many have passed on anyway.
Lost my younger brother 2-1/2 years ago he was the end of the line of people I have a long history with. Now I just think about the old days and old times and that's as far as it goes.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Between Iraq, Afghanistan and other recent conflicts. The gunfights, IED blasts and helicopter crashes have claimed more than a few. Now it seems that suicide and car crashes are collecting the “survivors”

No one ever enjoys burying their friends. I am sorry for you losses. I hope they lived long, happy, and meaningful lives.

Semper Fi

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The brutal fact of the matter is that you come into the world with everything, pursue what you mistakenly think is important your whole life, and then ultimately lose everything on the way out the door. Maybe this is why some say "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

This is so point on Sir!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The year Pop turned 90 he said he had outlived all his friends. I didn't get it then, but I do now. About to the point it needs to be a really dry day to be a pallbearer anymore, some of these graveyards with mole runs is a young man's game, especially for the larger dearly departed...

Sorry for the loss of your friend jar.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stolt from the innanet,

"No matter how long it lives, the Greatest Lion will eventually die miserably. That's the world! They may die young from injuries they sustained while defending their Pride. They may die old, enfeebled by age. At their Peak, they rule, chase other animals, catch, devour, gulp and leave their crumbs for hyenas. But age comes fast.

The old Lion can't hunt, can't kill or defend itself. It roams and roars until it runs out of luck. It will be cornered by the hyenas, nibbled at and eaten alive by them. They won't even let it die before it is dismembered.

Life is short. Power is ephemeral. I have seen it in lions. I have seen it in old people. Everyone who lives long enough will become very vulnerable at some point. Therefore, let us be humble. Help the sick, the weak, the vulnerable and most importantly never forget that we will leave the stage one day."

Sorry to hear of your friends passing/graduation.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My condolences Jar.

My grandmother lived into her 90's and told me one day that the hardest part of growing older was burying all her friends.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.