B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Stick

Agree that the 6 ARC could be the next love child that everyone will say they fathered.

Explain your high expectations on said chambering. I’ve already thrown my condoms away. I want one.

🦫

A little Howa 6 with decent mags or a plain old BDL style magazine would be something for my little fella to get behind as well. I’d think in a bolt gun you could gas them a little more if you wanted. I’m not sure I’d care since it’s been excellent in my 18” AR. Kinda nice having near 243 speeds and using any bullet I care to in it. Plus, they are supporting it with a pile of load data.

I’m still emptying out brass and haven’t loaded for it yet, but I’m betting LVR and whatever bullet I have will work fine though.

I was trying to nudge my buddy, SandBully towards one for his up and coming animal slaying son.

I’d bolt gun the 6, but that just me. I’m intrigued, especially at the price point for a Howa. I could build one, but why jump through logistical hoops to locate components when Howa already made me one. Grins.

🦫

Exactly. Most tend to shoot well and Howa seems to have caught on with what most folks want for twist as well. The 6 Creed is a solid rifle.

Semper Fi
BP-B6

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good schit simply sells itself and Mechanics matter,even to them who are oblivious. Hint.

You reap the handiness/dandyness of a trite parcel,who's RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry jive. Droolers will Drool upon same,the astute will say "about fhuqking time!" and the mild mannerisms,coupled with performance welllllllllll beyond that which meats the eye,will simply connect dots by default. Pun be fhuqking intended. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

One can simply reduce case length(as compared to a 223) and increase boolit length(BC) and incorporate same in a rather modest parcel,that is a Sledge Hammer Sonofabitch,with dick nothing recoil. ES is fhuqking amazing,killer brass abounds and Terminal Effects will shake Crying Karens to their quivering core. You get a .530BC at an easy 2800fps in a short spout,with 31 fhuqking grains of powder. Hint.

The good Dr. Lou was certainly onto sumptin' and Improving same in volume,don't make Critters "safer". It's one of them win/win scenarios,where the Theory is VERY fhuqking sound,yet it exceeds same in Application. I've a "few" .243" bore chamberings,from which to extrapolate and often on the same day. Hint.

Round up,increase BC and launch speeds while reducing recoil even further and you've a 22PPC AFI. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blah blah blah Karen. Blah blah blah Karen. That's what I heard

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t imagine how throwing 108-110 grains wouldn’t be appealing to those who push a .224 of 77grains for maximum flight aeronautics. Advantage, increased bullet seating length, better (BC) and still recoil capable to shoot a rifle off your face.

Win

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
For those with 6 arc bolt guns, what barrel lengths are you using to get 2800 fps out of a Hornady 108? I can get right at 2700 out of my AR setup with book max of LVR, and the 108 shoots flat as hell at that speed.

I can imagine another 100 fps in a reasonably short barrel would be pretty damn awesome.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

I REALLY "believe" that you "don't care" as you Whine aloud perpetually about your Brokedicktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps for MAXIMUM "effect" count how many times you respond to my Posts,while running away like THE Clueless Bitch you are,from all things The Rifle. Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining,Trying and Crying Karen.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

For folks who actually shoot,

Hornie brass is soft Dog Schit,Starline is better and Lapooey excellent. Hint.

I'd like to swoon .224" 77TMK's but can't,because I actually shoot the fhuqking things. Hint.(grin)

Pass scopes that track,repeat and hold zero,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thread jumping from my Kimber of Oregon tampon bleed of terror about rings/bases.

Jumped on the Warne M888/842M bases. Have a stock pile of 30mm rings to choose from. Pulled down a new SWFA hd 5-20x50 mils scope I’d been saving for when one of my Zeiss V4’s takes a dump.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The 223 super varminter is gonna be a heavy girl. That’s alright. I hate walking around when shooting at small creatures.

Locked in ~ questions answered ~ done.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
108gr eld-m has a higher bc then an 88

don't know what an 88 does on flesh but i've shot whitetail, mule deer, elk and antelope with a 108 and it does what it's supposed to do.

then again so does the 77gr tmk. minus elk. don't, won't, can't elk with a 223. gotta go with the booomer 6br

anybody want to buy a pile of 140 and 147gr eld-ms?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my shooting a "few" Lit Bitch Swiffer 5-20's and LOVING same. Hint.

Add 2grs of mass and a Beer Can trumps a 108 and pardon my shooting it all(and then some). Though a 108 cain't match 88 launch speeds,if only fhuqking OBVIOUSLY. Hint.

Lets not "forget" the velocity increase,in conjunction with the BC increase. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'm no .224" 77 TMK Fan,mainly because I've got/shot them. Hint.

"Tell" me more. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is Fascinatingly Fhuqking HILARIOUS,how little it takes for Couchbound Karens to cry...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute",whether it extolling their exceedingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities,or to brandish their Homoerotic Fantasies in the first hand. At least they can gawk pictures of wares that exist,if only to fuel more Insecurities. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now for them who actually shoot,I reckon the Howie Mini's to be a right proper platform. Stocks are under 17 ounces,the metal is right,bows are heavy in OEM guise at 22"(264 Grendels),but shine brightly at 19". One can drive the polymer DBM and proprietary schit mag,or go BDL ala a coupla routes. I'm of the opinion that increasing COAL and losing polymer,to improve handling,at the "expense" of losing(1) round in the belly,is smart bidness(more BDL coming in the Mail). Hint.

With balance/handling pinpointed,it's likely no thang to dupe and nestle them sub 17 ounces. 7" RPM Bart' for me,with some Lapooey brass and ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that Crying Karens "get" to read about it!?! Magfed .585 BC Smooches,is gonna force the gals to Re-Google all over again. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I happen to prefer the 22PPC AFI to either 22BR and/or 6BR,but pardon my shooting it all. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now as to glass that'll track,repeat,hold zero,flaunt daylight bright illumination,house locking elevation/windage turrets,(10) Mil's per circle and has a robust zero stop,I can see where that'd go against EVERYTHING that The Do Nothing Gang "does". The close parallax and 35+ Mil's of erector travel(don't forget to loosen the zero stop on the NIB's),likely don't suck either. 'Course that's "mean",as you'd hafta' actually fhuqking shoot,to savvy. Not that Karens don't read my every word,gawk every Splendid Pixel and root for the mail(weather has been tough ladies,but there's a goodly pile I need to go through. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Looking forward to some Fresh Whine,through their personalized masks. Hopefully the 4-16x Arken Gen2 FFP Mil Lit Bitch,arrives today. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

It looks like you mounted that scope clocked toward 11:00.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Good schit simply sells itself and Mechanics matter,even to them who are oblivious. Hint.

You reap the handiness/dandyness of a trite parcel,who's RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry jive. Droolers will Drool upon same,the astute will say "about fhuqking time!" and the mild mannerisms,coupled with performance welllllllllll beyond that which meats the eye,will simply connect dots by default. Pun be fhuqking intended. Hint.

One can simply reduce case length(as compared to a 223) and increase boolit length(BC) and incorporate same in a rather modest parcel,that is a Sledge Hammer Sonofabitch,with dick nothing recoil. ES is fhuqking amazing,killer brass abounds and Terminal Effects will shake Crying Karens to their quivering core. You get a .530BC at an easy 2800fps in a short spout,with 31 fhuqking grains of powder. Hint.

The good Dr. Lou was certainly onto sumptin' and Improving same in volume,don't make Critters "safer". It's one of them win/win scenarios,where the Theory is VERY fhuqking sound,yet it exceeds same in Application. I've a "few" .243" bore chamberings,from which to extrapolate and often on the same day. Hint.

Round up,increase BC and launch speeds while reducing recoil even further and you've a 22PPC AFI. Hint...................

Does that short fat 22 PPC AFI have any of the finickiness of other proportionally short fat cases when working up loads.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Howa has a big order from me….

I’ll pass along the goodness as soon as I get some in.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Please tell them they’d sell more rifles if they used stainless and normal bottom metal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

6mm ARC please.

Thanks!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Where can a howa be had other than Gunbroker at WAY high prices? My LGS is having no luck finding one for me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

6mm ARC please.

Thanks!

🦫

Same here. I’d be in for one or so. I’d bet if I had one my brother wouldn’t be far behind either. He tends to let me test the waters.

As far as the Grendel’s and others being finicky, I haven’t seen it myself. Usually they’re about as easy as anything else. At least in the few AR’s I’ve ran them in.

I would think any of the 6mm Hornady offerings would be pretty great at ARC speeds. The 105 HPBT has been damned good on deer for us from 6CM to 240 WBY.

And I’ll have to be odd man out cause man the 77 TMK has been wicked on coyotes and deer for us. It is a bombshell and about the easiest bullet I’ve used in any 224 rifle. I’ll repent for the lost BC later on I guess grin

Last edited by beretzs; 01/21/22.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
So, why would you guys buy a Howa vs a Weatherby Vanguard? Of the few I have seen, the Vanguard seemed to be the better rifle, even though the actions are by Howa. Better fit, finish, stock, etc.

Last edited by Dukester; 01/21/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's no mini from the Vanguard line.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dukester
So, why would you guys buy a Howa vs a Weatherby Vanguard? Of the few I have seen, the Vanguard seemed to be the better rifle, even though the actions are by Howa. Better fit, finish, stock, etc.

I’ve never seen any difference in the metal. The stocks aren’t my cup of tea on either one. I’d bet a nickel the newer Howa carbon fiber stocks and when they used Banser were light years ahead of anything Wby put on their Vanguards. Just what I see from my grid square.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well 6 arc ammo is ordered since just ordering g brass doesn’t seem to be a option. Maybe the carbon mini rifles will be available sooner rather than later.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
108 members (6mmbrfan, 160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 759 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.