Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Now now don’t go exaggerating like that. Most solar is leased which is a detriment to getting a house loan which is proven.

1. Buyers cannot qualify for a solar lease because the credit score requirement is too high?

While it is true that some leases do require credit score requirements, many of these scores do not differ from the same requirement that the buyer will need to qualify for a home loan. Typically if they can qualify for a home loan, they can qualify for a lease. If you are worried that a potential buyer cannot qualify for the lease, wouldn’t you also be worried that they couldn’t qualify to buy your house also?

2. Buyers will not want to take over my lease payment of $XXX?

I have a hard time understanding this argument. If your electric bill was $400 a month before solar and after installing a solar leased system the electric bill is only $200 a month with a $100 a month lease payment, who would not want to save an additional $100 each month?  Who doesn’t like to save money? Better yet, look at a solar lease as an alternative to the utility company. With a solar lease, you agree to buy electricity at a set price, often substantially cheaper than the utility rates. You have to buy electricity…why not buy it at a cheaper rate? Why pay the utility company $0.28 a kilowatt when you can buy it from the solar leasing company at a cost of only $0.10 for example?

3. Solar leases do not add value to my property?

While it is true that someone that owns their solar system will benefit in an increase in value in their property, homes with a solar lease tend to sell faster than the average home in Phoenix.  While not a tangible benefit, the beneficial value of a solar lease in Phoenix is less sales time.  Recent sales statistics show that homes with a solar lease sell slightly faster than homes with a solar owned system and 10 to 24 percent faster than the average home in the Phoenix area.  In some cases, I have seen an increase in value on an appraisal because of the solar lease.  While most appraisers will not count solar leased equipment as a fixture on the property, I have seen examples in the last year where they do add anywhere from a $1,500 to $3,000 in additional monetary value on some of those appraisals.

4. It is harder to sell a home with a solar lease than without one?

Depends. If you hire a real estate agent that does not understand the benefits or lacks the experience in selling a home with a solar lease, you will end up selling your home for less and over a longer period of time. The key to selling your home for top dollar is to hire someone, like the Solar Home Broker, that understands the benefits, can educate potential home buyers and buyer’s agents, and has the marketing strategies specifically designed for solar homes. If it is done right, the home can sell for the same amount of time (or less) without the hassle or complications that many unexperienced agents grumble about.

LINK

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
The problem is still the cost of battery replacement. Plus disposal. Hasbeen

I think Tesla's warranty on the battery is 10 years. Prius batteries last longer than 10 years. I recently read a story about a guy with a Tesla he bought back in 2015 and he went something like 300,000 miles. Non issue. You run a gasoline that long you would have to rebuild the engine. Batteries are $3000-4000 dollars for replacements from what I read. About the same for a complete engine rebuild. There are now start up companies rebuilding the batteries.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Laughing as here again you use a blanket statement. Arizona may be higher in electric rates and have more benefits for solar. But answer this why would I pay for a solar lease to get 10 cents per kw electricity when here my power company sells it for 10.4 cents per kw? Yes in Nebraska which is a public power state except for Lincoln and Omaha. Awful lot of hassle for less than 1/2 cent per kw.

Swifty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to folks that know…..our current electric grid can’t handle the required usage necessary! The ‘source’ next statement was that politicians who don’t know their asses from a hole in the ground are conning the ignorant public concerning EV!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Hasbeen [/quote]

I think Tesla's warranty on the battery is 10 years. Prius batteries last longer than 10 years. I recently read a story about a guy with a Tesla he bought back in 2015 and he went something like 300,000 miles. Non issue. You run a gasoline that long you would have to rebuild the engine. Batteries are $3000-4000 dollars for replacements from what I read. About the same for a complete engine rebuild. There are now start up companies rebuilding the batteries.
[/quote]

Answer
The price will depend on the labor and parts required, but the most basic Tesla battery replacement usually costs between $13,000 and $14,000. Before paying for the repairs out of pocket, it’s worth checking to see if you have a warranty or insurance coverage to help with the cost.
Battery replacement can cost up to $20,000 for the Model S, though it’s unlikely that you’ll need to pay that much. Here’s a breakdown of the costs for a typical battery replacement:
$12,000 to $15,000 for the battery itself
$20 to $200 for other replacement parts, like connectors and wiring
$175 per hour for labor—battery replacement can take anywhere from three to 13 hours
Potential additional labor costs if the repairs are complicated or there are any issues with the replacement

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
According to folks that know…..our current electric grid can’t handle the required usage necessary! The ‘source’ next statement was that politicians who don’t know their asses from a hole in the ground are conning the ignorant public concerning EV!
It's ALL about 'control'....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Laughing as here again you use a blanket statement. Arizona may be higher in electric rates and have more benefits for solar. But answer this why would I pay for a solar lease to get 10 cents per kw electricity when here my power company sells it for 10.4 cents per kw? Yes in Nebraska which is a public power state except for Lincoln and Omaha. Awful lot of hassle for less than 1/2 cent per kw.

Your the one that brought up the leased systems.

I have no interest in leasing solar at all, I actually know it's a poor idea for many reasons that haven't come to light here..

This discussion has been about buying and building your own system since the first post and you've had nothing to add to it.

I buy my own panel's, inverter's and batteries and have been doing so for years for my own reasons.
Just though I could offer the OP some information on the data he requested.

All the numbers and savings are quite different when you have the knowledge and capabilities of building and installing your own system which the OP stated he did have and was capable of.

None of your tidbits of negative BS have been relevant to this conversation in any form.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just did some math ..off the 1st page....140kw =170 miles at the local KW price of .22 vs 3.75 gas a gallon = 22 buck to fill and go in the subrau vs 31 bucks in my electric car ...with the world's longest exhaust pipe..rite to the coal fired power plant....hummmmm, go Brandon !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Says the guy who took the OP question about a solar charger for his Tesla at home and took it to super chargers which aren’t for home use to solar arrays add to your house value no matter where you live. The only BS being thrown out is by you, which being in the industry gives you financial incentive to spread BS. Which you do well.

Swifty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A company in Michigan has just tested a newer cheaper longer range battery in a Tesla model S. It got 752 miles before it needed charging. Cost is going down, range is going up. Northwestern University also tested a new type of battery that is also cheaper and can be charged in 5 minutes.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/tesla-goes-752-miles-on-prototype-battery-from-michigan-company-our-next-energy#:~:text=%28WXYZ%29%20%E2%80%94%20A%20Michigan%20battery%20technology%20company%20said,December%20with%20an%20average%20speed%20of%2055%20mph.

Last edited by Dixie_Dude; 01/21/22.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting article. When I can get at 600-700 miles out of a charge is when I will seriously look at an EV.

Tesla goes 752 miles on prototype battery from Michigan company Our Next Energy

Our Next Energy, Inc. (ONE), a Michigan battery technology company, has demonstrated a proof-of-concept battery that powered an electric vehicle 752 miles without recharging. The vehicle completed a road test across Michigan in late December with an average speed of 55 mph. For more, go to one.ai/range
Posted at 9:25 AM, Jan 05, 2022 and last updated 6:25 AM, Jan 05, 2022
(WXYZ) — A Michigan battery technology company said it has tested a concept battery that took an electric vehicle 752 miles without recharging.

Our Next Energy, Inc. (ONE), based in Novi, said the vehicle completed a road test across Michigan in late December with an average speed of 55 mph.

The range is about double the average electric vehicle battery range on current models available.

According to ONE, they modified a Tesla Model S with the battery.

The company said the results were validated by a third party using a dynamometer where the test vehicle went 882 miles at 55 mph.

"We want to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles by eliminating range anxiety, which holds back most consumers today," ONE Founder and CEO Mujeeb Ijaz said in a release. "We are now focused on evolving this proof-of-concept battery into a new product called Gemini™, which will enable long-distance trips on a single charge while improving cost and safety using sustainable materials."

Currently, EVs are relying on fast-charge stations like Tesla superchargers and others across the country when going on long road trips.

According to Car & Driver, the project didn't alter anything involving the Model S's efficiency and only used a battery with a higher capacity.

ONE said it plans to begin production of its first product, Aries, in late 2022 and a production prototype of its batery, Gemini, in 2023.

Last edited by NVhntr; 01/21/22.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here comes the next 5 pages filled with the Fires relentless decrepit old farts with nothing better to do claiming they have to drive 950 miles, up hill, in sub-zero conditions, towing a 25,000 pound trailer everyday of their lives so all EV's suck and will never compare to their Buick.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Says the still pooping yellow youngster whose total life experiences have not yet exceeded building a LEGO set.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
oh don't forget that lithium is a mined commodity whose raw material price will fluctuate according to the laws of supply and demand.... I think that most of the worlds present lithium comes from no more than six mine areas. If you want to get a feel for the fact on that go read the annu report for the FMC spin out firm Livent (sp?)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 37 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.