Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Dutch
Buying beef off my farm manager every year has friggen ruined me from eating industrial beef. Can’t stand the mushy mouth feel and the slimy fat. Now the bastard has started half bred heritage pigs, and I’m on the hook for one or two of those every year. Now industrial pork chops are dry and chewy....

But compared to you guys, the redhead and I are just pikers, merely two freezers and three fridges.

Must go atone........

I'd like to find some beef like that. Everytime we've tried to buy a prime Angus it turns out to be an old Holstein that died of old age out behind a dairy. If the farmer does ever get us a good cow the butcher swaps it out for some old garbage in the back. I need to find a farmer and butcher I can trust so until then it'll be costco. I've had the best consistently from Costco but I'm sure there's better beef out there.

Bb

Richard has one beef left. PM me and I’ll give you his number. Mine is getting killed in the morning.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Buying beef off my farm manager every year has friggen ruined me from eating industrial beef. Can’t stand the mushy mouth feel and the slimy fat. Now the bastard has started half bred heritage pigs, and I’m on the hook for one or two of those every year. Now industrial pork chops are dry and chewy....

But compared to you guys, the redhead and I are just pikers, merely two freezers and three fridges.

Must go atone........

I'd like to find some beef like that. Everytime we've tried to buy a prime Angus it turns out to be an old Holstein that died of old age out behind a dairy. If the farmer does ever get us a good cow the butcher swaps it out for some old garbage in the back. I need to find a farmer and butcher I can trust so until then it'll be costco. I've had the best consistently from Costco but I'm sure there's better beef out there.

Bb

Richard has one beef left. PM me and I’ll give you his number. Mine is getting killed in the morning.

What are you paying wrapped?

I am MAGA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EdM
I hope to phuukkk that those seriously ranching today take a serious view of it 40 years from now with their children...

What chu mean?

You whine about your industry all of the time Jim. Do you see your kiddos carrying it on in 2045?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You got one that's all rib eyes $.99 cent a pound processed

Last edited by blanket; 01/21/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
went to the store tonight - a pack of chicken thighs usually runs about $6. Its $21 now

That isn't inflation.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If they want to sure.

There will always be a need, and the land should still be here.

Interesting that you would classify it as whining.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Must go atone........

Bb

I put up beef in the Classified about 2 weeks ago... $5 - $7 wrapped (final was actual)... NO TAKERS. NONE... ZERO.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Must go atone........

Bb

I put up beef in the Classified about 2 weeks ago... $5 - $7 wrapped (final was actual)... NO TAKERS. NONE... ZERO.

We sold it last year for four and half to five.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
3 caribou and 60' of gill net for salmon keeps the store-bought to a minimum. At that, I only took just over half my 35 fish limit. I ain't sharing my fishing take anymore, so that's enough.

We eat a bit of chicken and pork for variety every once in awhile. seldom beef. I'll make an effort for a moose next fall also. Ain't sharing that either if I get one - that's two years eating right there plus a few dozen quarts canned.

That's awesome, las.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When the all hat and no cows are done, think about 2025 when beef production is down 50%

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Must go atone........

Bb

I bought Greenbrier County Chuck Roast beef at $4.59 last Saturday and I bought Ground Beef (73%) at $1.98 (my favorite). Bought some Strip Steaks today at $6.98. I want beef that’s has some grain feed, not all grass feed.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have too much meat in the freezer. I called the DOW to see if they had a needy list, they said "no, everyone wants elk" 🙄

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Must go atone........

Bb

I bought Greenbrier County Chuck Roast beef at $4.59 last Saturday and I bought Ground Beef (73%) at $1.98 (my favorite). Bought some Strip Steaks today at $6.98. I want beef that’s has some grain feed, not all grass feed.

Country of origin and kill date

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Must go atone........

Bb

Ours are finished on 100 percent free choice ground barley.

We raise the barley in fact.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim, what is free choice barley?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We grind the barley and put it in a self feeder.

They can eat as much as they want.

We keep mineral and salt in front of them. Plus some straw and grass hay.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Must go atone........

Bb

It went up this year, and this may not be entirely accurate, but pretty close. About a buck 40 on the hoof, and cut, wrap and freeze is about $500.

Honestly, I don’t pay much attention since the guy works for me full time and I’ve been trying to convince his dad that selling retail should be higher than sale barn prices. He thinks that’s “unfair” and “ charging too much”. Honest as the day is long, but not the best business man. And I love the beef, so I just count out however $100 bills he writes the bill for. The processing bill is a bit higher than for most because I have them minimize the amount of ground beef by cutting a bunch of stew meat.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Jim, what is free choice barley?

The cow isn’t charged for eating it. grin

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Must go atone........

Bb

It went up this year, and this may not be entirely accurate, but pretty close. About a buck 40 on the hoof, and cut, wrap and freeze is about $500.

Honestly, I don’t pay much attention since the guy works for me full time and I’ve been trying to convince his dad that selling retail should be higher than sale barn prices. He thinks that’s “unfair” and “ charging too much”. Honest as the day is long, but not the best business man. And I love the beef, so I just count out however $100 bills he writes the bill for. The processing bill is a bit higher than for most because I have them minimize the amount of ground beef by cutting a bunch of stew meat.

Thats pretty good price. No run away for sure.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We grind the barley and put it in a self feeder.

They can eat as much as they want.

We keep mineral and salt in front of them. Plus some straw and grass hay.

just like Golden Corral

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.