Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here a while back in a blind thread a guy had a what looked like a 4-5 panel blind he was carrying with a handle like a briefcase. I think he said the blind weighed around 50lbs. I've searched the 24hr search engine to no avail. Can someone help me out. Thanks, powdr

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These come i a nice carry bag

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
50 pounds! Have you ever considered a ghillie suit? I ordered one for Halloween last year and I'm kind of anxious to try it out bow hunting this year. It fits in a back pack and turns a person into a bush. About sixty bucks on Amazon and I had a a ball with it fooling little kids just feet away next to the front porch.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
These come i a nice carry bag

Those things are pretty wild. Until last week I've only seen pictures and thought they'd be flimsy. They're not at all. I poked around in one at Scheels and thought they're pretty cool.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Powdr, did you really mean to write 50 pounds for a portable ground blind? I just weighed my Barronett 250 Grounder and it came in at only 15 1/2 pounds with the carrying case and my Windsong (discontinued) blind is smaller and lighter than that.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, the guy looked like he was carrying 4 different panels and a top...all grouped together w/a handle attached. powdr

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Windfall
50 pounds! Have you ever considered a ghillie suit? I ordered one for Halloween last year and I'm kind of anxious to try it out bow hunting this year. It fits in a back pack and turns a person into a bush. About sixty bucks on Amazon and I had a a ball with it fooling little kids just feet away next to the front porch.

I had the same thoughts until I bow hunted in it. I pulled the string back and all that chidt on the suit wrapped around the string.

Nope.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Rooster7, I could sure see that happening especially with a bow. Since we can use a crossbow here during archery season, I do. I'll sure try a few practice shots ahead of time and some ghillie trimming might be in order. Thanks for the heads up.

My other auto is a .45

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Windfall
Rooster7, I could sure see that happening especially with a bow. Since we can use a crossbow here during archery season, I do. I'll sure try a few practice shots ahead of time and some ghillie trimming might be in order. Thanks for the heads up.

I would think you'd be alright with a crossbow but it's a good idea to check before you miss the buck of a lifetime. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Powdr, go look at double bull ground blinds, I have 3 of them and they are really good blinds.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I hunt fairly open hardwoods. Ground blinds look so out of place to me. Am I wrong to think that they won't work?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mike78
I hunt fairly open hardwoods. Ground blinds look so out of place to me. Am I wrong to think that they won't work?

Same thoughts I have. Sometimes for spring turkey hunting I bring a small shears and cut some honeysuckle that grows everywhere and stick it in the ground in front of me.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Powdr, go look at double bull ground blinds, I have 3 of them and they are really good blinds.

This is the one I was thinking about getting.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

Here is a before and after pic that I took yesterday when I moved a pop-up blind.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You have to brush them in, break up the outline, place brush in front or they’re just big camo cube that spooks deer.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Lonster

Here is a before and after pic that I took yesterday when I moved a pop-up blind.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You have to brush them in, break up the outline, place brush in front or they’re just big camo cube that spooks deer.

Yes, that does look good, but you also have lots of brush around. I'm hunting very open hardwoods, but thank you for the photo

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

I have used double bulls for years, very good hub blinds.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No different then all of a sudden a ladder shows up leaning against a tree.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Mike

I don't hunt from treestands

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike

There is indeed a difference. (Assuming occupancy just after it’s put up).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,991 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.