Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Sent you a follow up PM

Last edited by robertham1; 01/21/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dibs if you dump the walrus blue veiner.....

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
OK,

The Loveless Lamb set is sold pending funds.

Ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
dibs if you dump the walrus blue veiner.....

DW,

My bad, I've meant to get back with you all day, but you've probably heard about the tyranny of the urgent. That is, most times important things will wait. urgent things will not.

So you getting that knife is important to me..........

I'm saving that one for you, but before you take it and at the risk of me becoming over-exposed I gotta tell one more story!

ya!

GWB

PS: Well maybe not! LOL

Last edited by geedubya; 01/21/22.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
GW,

I’ll take the P&C Ingram.

Pm inbound.

Thank you sir,

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Its yours!

Best,

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Question fer youse' guys.

I have a bunch more knives I'm planning on selling.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

a few of Ricky Bob's Menefee Made's

and a sample of my Rocky's

So,

shall we keep this thread going or start a new one?

Your thoughts?

GWB

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by geedubya

I had thought about titling this thread " Seller Has Brain Damage".........

as

1. I may be crazy for asking too much.....

2. I may be crazy for asking too little........

3. I may be crazy to let stuff follow someone else home........

Anywho, I turned 70 last month and I'm thinking about turning some "stuff" into filthy lucre with some help from my friends......

So, here is a sweeeet Winston Model 69, $290, Shipped, CONUS.

An I'll take it on this thread trumps PM's. Your Check or USPS MO.

Blck Micarta scales, orange liners, Mosaic pins, Tapered Tang S30 Steel, industrial quality RH leather sheath.

This is one I've not skint' a critter with nor sharpened. In fact it's sharp enough that the shadow will cut ya!

It has been my experience that on many Winston knives, the handle is a skosh' short for my tastes. Not this one. The scales measure 4.7" with 4.5" to the point of the guard.

The scales measure+/- .680" thick at the rear Mosaic pin and +/- 1.176 deep. Plenty of "beef" to give one purchase when skinning.

There is one small scuff on the right side scale near the bottom edge.

The Scales are not perfect but I'd call them 90%

There is one small scuff on the right side scale near the bottom edge.

If you buy this knife and don't like it, and have not used it, send it back for a full refund plus shipping.

ya!

GWB

Damn GWB, I was thinking of buying one of your famous knives even though I don't need anymore, but then you had to mention the birthday thing along with the age thing as a reason for selling and I thought sob, we have the same birthday and are the same age! So now I'm thinking, do I need to start selling off stuff too?
Do I get depressed or look forward to the filthy lucre? shocked

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
GW
That is a damned nice pile of knives. You probably want to start a new thread on that project.

If I was better at pics and posting them, I might sell some of my personal knives, or......
When the reality of living past the average age of death here in U.S. sinks in it is hard
to think you may have to give some things up just because.....

Nice pics and stories. Really appreciate them.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Morning Gee’, details on the bottom left Menefee?

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by K22

Damn GWB, I was thinking of buying one of your famous knives even though I don't need anymore, but then you had to mention the birthday thing along with the age thing as a reason for selling and I thought sob, we have the same birthday and are the same age! So now I'm thinking, do I need to start selling off stuff too?

Yowsir, could one have fun with this, and how philosophical should one get in a forum such as this.

So, a soliloquy on a Sunny Saturday morning.

AFAIK, I’m in good health, not currently financially embarrassed, kids are grown and out of the house, and have managed to stay married to the same woman for 43 years.

I was on a ride a while back, and was bunking with a guy I’d known for over 30 years. We went to church together, our kids were the same ages. I had two sons and a daughter, he had two daughters and a son. He made a statement that was more prescient than either of us knew at the time. He said, G-dub, “I used to think that when you got older, your kids got out of the house and school and on their own, and you retired, life would get easier, But it don’t.
It just gets harder and harder till it kills ya”!

If you knew you were going to die, how would you choose to spend the remainder of your days.

To put it crudely we all suffer from a sexually transmitted disease that is ultimately fatal, its called life.

Well, news flash, sooner or later I’m gonna die. I tell folks I wanna’ arrive at my coffin 30 minutes late, my parts all used up, an adult beverage in one hand, a cigar in the other, exclaiming “Woohoo, what a ride”.

I see it as a matter of perception and personal choice whether to be depressed or look forward to the vicissitudes of life.

IIRC it was John Barrymore that postulated “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams". I like to think that I still have dreams.

I started collecting firearms in the early 90’s, and knives later. I have had a ball acquiring them, enjoying their use, (a big part of which is the photography aspect) making memories and entertainment while posting pictures of them along with stories on forums such as this.

I find that as I age, my circle of personal acquaintances gets smaller and smaller with the passage of time. However, via forums such as 24hour, these items have, and will continue to allow me to make friends and meet folk from many walks of life that I would never have had the opportunity on any other basis. I like that.

In the last two days I’ve had several individuals who have seen that I’m selling numerous Items from my collection contact me either by voice, text or PM’s to inquire “what condition my condition is in. I am humbled, and grateful by and for that.

In addition, thanks to the good folk here, I’ve sold enough “stuff” to pay for an upcoming quail hunt in Alabama (where I will get to play with guns and knives, and cameras) with one of my siblings and a life-long friend, and for the upcoming 24hr Campfire Hog Hunt in March.

As a serendipity, I did not endure one minute of the boob tube nor talk radio, while doing so.

In closing,

A wise man once said……
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace….Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
For me these knives have served their purpose. I had the thrill of acquisition, use, and the entertainment derived from that use.

Now it is time to enjoy letting them follow others to different destinations.

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/22/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it were me, I would not start a new thread, I would keep this thread rolling...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
G,

I'd be interested in one of the two Menefee "tantos" in the upper left of your photo if you decide to let them go.

I'll send you a pm in a bit.

Thanks

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Tag

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by K22

Yowsir, could one have fun with this, and how philosophical should one get in a forum such as this.

So, a soliloquy on a Sunny Saturday morning.

AFAIK, I’m in good health, not currently financially embarrassed, kids are grown and out of the house, and have managed to stay married to the same woman for 43 years.

I was on a ride a while back, and was bunking with a guy I’d known for over 30 years. We went to church together, our kids were the same ages. I had two sons and a daughter, he had two daughters and a son. He made a statement that was more prescient than either of us knew at the time. He said, G-dub, “I used to think that when you got older, your kids got out of the house and school and on their own, and you retired, life would get easier, But it don’t.
It just gets harder and harder till it kills ya”!

If you knew you were going to die, how would you choose to spend the remainder of your days.

To put it crudely we all suffer from a sexually transmitted disease that is ultimately fatal, its called life.

Well, news flash, sooner or later I’m gonna die. I tell folks I wanna’ arrive at my coffin 30 minutes late, my parts all used up, an adult beverage in one hand, a cigar in the other, exclaiming “Woohoo, what a ride”.

I see it as a matter of perception and personal choice whether to be depressed or look forward to the vicissitudes of life.

IIRC it was John Barrymore that postulated “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams". I like to think that I still have dreams.

I started collecting firearms in the early 90’s, and knives later. I have had a ball acquiring them, enjoying their use, (a big part of which is the photography aspect) making memories and entertainment while posting pictures of them along with stories on forums such as this.

I find that as I age, my circle of personal acquaintances gets smaller and smaller with the passage of time. However, via forums such as 24hour, these items have, and will continue to allow me to make friends and meet folk from many walks of life that I would never have had the opportunity on any other basis. I like that.

In the last two days I’ve had several individuals who have seen that I’m selling numerous Items from my collection contact me either by voice, text or PM’s to inquire “what condition my condition is in. I am humbled, and grateful by and for that.

In addition, thanks to the good folk here, I’ve sold enough “stuff” to pay for an upcoming quail hunt in Alabama (where I will get to play with guns and knives, and cameras) with one of my siblings and a life-long friend, and for the upcoming 24hr Campfire Hog Hunt in March.

As a serendipity, I did not endure one minute of the boob tube nor talk radio, while doing so.

In closing,

A wise man once said……
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace….Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
For me these knives have served their purpose. I had the thrill of acquisition, use, and the entertainment derived from that use.

Now it is time to enjoy letting them follow others to different destinations.

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

Awesome, G-Dub, thank you.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Gdub… I’d keep this thread rolling along as is. It’s been a good one that I’ll bet keeps getting better

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Akbob5
GW,

I’ll take the P&C Ingram.

Pm inbound.

Thank you sir,

Bob

Should Bob change his mind I'll play back up on this one.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Damn you have a bunch of knives! I like the way you present them!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On second thought maybe keeping with one thread would be best.
As the stories keep coming, they probably are best kept somewhat together.
Probably set a record for hits in the classified section.
Nice reads GW and of course nice bunch of knives.
Hope the sellers remorse isn't too hard on you.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks GW PM sent.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 41 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,509
Posts18,452,629
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.