Campfire Regular
M
I have a Boyt and it’s sturdy

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It’s really hard to do better than a Tuffpak for a 2-rifle cases. You put your rifles inside their soft cases, then inside the Tuffsak, then slide that inside and fill up empty space with boots and clothing. Tuffpak doesn’t look like a gun case either, which is a plus. The guns are very well protected.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Yup..Tuffpak

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just make sure case makes the Airline weight limit and overall size overage costs can get spendy!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a reinforced ICC 2 gun case 25 years ago. Its still going strong. I've taken it to Africa 4 times, at least that many times to Alaska, multiple trips to Canada, all over the lower 48. That includes not only surviving the airlines but the bush planes, safari trucks, 4 wheelers, and all the countless baggage handlers its encountered along the way. Its a heavy case but that's a trade off i like. I've watched my hunting buddies buy and replace multiple cases during that time including most of the recommended ones here. I doubt I'll ever need another case and will give this one i have to my son someday. I'll be loading it again next week for another deer elk trip. Its been a fantastic case. Protected my guns without fail at every stop. I'm not sure they still make it with the heavier ga aluminum but if they do buy it. Mine has been a fantastic piece of equipment and a great value.

https://icc-case.com/collections/all

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I was the second responder to this post and I suggested the SKB which has served me well for 20 years.

Today, I bought a Nanuk gun case. One of my (4) locks on my SKB fell off. I came to realize that the locks are weakly welded to the aluminum liner. Hmmm. Also, on my SKB at least, there are no padlock holes, so one can only lock the case with the supplied key for the four latch locks.

I also bought a Pelican suitcase for my recent safari in Nov. to the Luangwa Valley in Zambia, and it worked beautifully. One of the great improvements over my previous canvas Cabelas travel bags, was a HARD case instead of canvas, plus the fact I could LOCK the Pelican in the two metal padlock holes provided, with padlocks.

So, I decided to buy a Pelican two gun case, and I went to my local Sportsman’s Warehouse to do so. While I was there, they also had a Boyt and a Nanuk. The Nanuk really impressed me over the Pelican, as it has (4) about 1/8” steel hole cylinders for padlocks, where the Pelican has only two metal and two plastic holes for padlocks. The Pelican metal holes appear to be thin metal ‘tin’ holes bent at 90 degrees. I’m sure they work, but the Nanuk was much thicker metal, and were complete cylinders of metal on all four holes.

Anyway, I am happy with my purchase so far, but I haven’t taken it on safari yet of course.

If anyone here is looking to buy a (2) gun case in the future, I’d highly recommend you take a look at the Nanuk.

YMMV

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Pelican 1750 two gun case is what I have used for years flying in the states. Used a Pelican 1700 four gun case one time when flying into a foreign country (Philadelphia) for a US Open. Wheels on cases are very much appreciated when you need them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Harbor Freight. Believe it or not

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 163bc
I bought a reinforced ICC 2 gun case 25 years ago. Its still going strong. I've taken it to Africa 4 times, at least that many times to Alaska, multiple trips to Canada, all over the lower 48. That includes not only surviving the airlines but the bush planes, safari trucks, 4 wheelers, and all the countless baggage handlers its encountered along the way. Its a heavy case but that's a trade off i like. I've watched my hunting buddies buy and replace multiple cases during that time including most of the recommended ones here. I doubt I'll ever need another case and will give this one i have to my son someday. I'll be loading it again next week for another deer elk trip. Its been a fantastic case. Protected my guns without fail at every stop. I'm not sure they still make it with the heavier ga aluminum but if they do buy it. Mine has been a fantastic piece of equipment and a great value.

https://icc-case.com/collections/all

I've got a Kalispel case that was made for Cabela's, which is virtually the same construction as the ICC. This type is the lightest, strongest, and has the most useful space per volume. These aluminum cases with locking bars are much more svelt than plastic cases.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's a nice one kingston. I have an Americase which is very similar since they made them for Cabelas too. I don't think they are in business anymore though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
SKB

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Also a 1750 fan. Check out Cobra Foam for sourcing a replacement foam for the case. Price is reasonable, and I’ve had good luck with them!

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Pelican , is the only one for me . Mine has made 14 trips to S.A. , no problems .

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 42 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,509
Posts18,452,629
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.