Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tesoro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
It happened to me. One night I was at a restaurant and my wife asked me a question about fantasy football. I am not a sports follower and had no real idea how it worked. So I grabbed my phone and went to Google and as soon as I typed the letter F, the first suggestion on the drop down was fantasy football. That was on an Iphone.

https://medium.com/@re_53711/seven-simple-steps-toward-online-privacy-20dcbb9fa82

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Big Brother Is Watching You. And you are paying him to do it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When I type F into Google it pops up "Fuqk You", I must use that phrase a lot. 🤣🤣

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
When I type F into Google it pops up "Fuqk You", I must use that phrase a lot. 🤣🤣

Lol, no that was a text from me.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag

🤣🤣

IC B2

T
Tesoro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
You know it wont be long before the landing institutions use google data as part of your credit rating!! so use brave/vpn for online gambling!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When I type in F, it pops up with FN 57

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tesoro
It happened to me. One night I was at a restaurant and my wife asked me a question about fantasy football. I am not a sports follower and had no real idea how it worked. So I grabbed my phone and went to Google and as soon as I typed the letter F, the first suggestion on the drop down was fantasy football. That was on an Iphone.

https://medium.com/@re_53711/seven-simple-steps-toward-online-privacy-20dcbb9fa82

Dude, really? Fantasy football was the last search term beginning with "f" which you typed into google.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I use Brave, recommend it.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Type "hot tattooed women" into your Google search. Exit your browser, go back to Google and type the letter "h" and see what magically appears as a search suggestion.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 12344mag

smile hate when that happens

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Same kind of thing has happened to me.

And when I type in an "F" a woman's voice comes on and says "you forgot the G, it comes first."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I used to know this ol' gal named Fantasy.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Most browser search engines - even Brave - store your search history to speed up subsequent searches. You can disable it in Settings in most browsers, but then you will have to type in the whole search string every time you want it. You can also periodically delete your search history. Some browsers let you delete it every time you close the browser, also.

It is true, though, that Siri and Alexa are ALWAYS listening, if you are naive enough to have them. Where your spoken words go is anybody's guess.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OP is saying he had never searched it before. Phone and Google are listening to his conversations. Which we all know happens.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't see in the opening post where he says that. Just that he typed "F" and got that result.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You can, of course, dump Google as your search engine - and definitely should. Excellent engines that do not track or store your searches include Duck Duck Go and Brave. (Brave is also a browser. I use Brave and Brave as my browser and search engine, respectively.)

Google, Bing, and Yahoo are evil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
OP is saying he had never searched it before. Phone and Google are listening to his conversations. Which we all know happens.

Yep. I've talked to someone about some general type of product within earshot of my phone, then later that day went to a site with ads and that item and similar ones were recommended to me - I'd never typed that into a search engine anywhere.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Change the settings on your phone.

phone settings

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
T
Tesoro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by skeen

Dude, really? Fantasy football was the last search term beginning with "f" which you typed into google.

I can honestly say that I have never typed the word fantasy football on my computer or phone. I dont follow sports anymore and for a long time. The friggin microphone in my phone heard our conversation and transmitted it to google and when I did my search google made the recommendation in the drop down. This is the only logical explanation.

I am sure that homeland security can have access to listen to a specific phone under the guise of national security,

Last edited by Tesoro; 01/25/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.