Print Thread
Hop To
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Two weeks ago I made an appt. to have my F-450 gone over for what's called in the book a recommended yearly inspection.. (Yeah, I know).. Anyhoo, it's been just short of two years and with a lot of Super Duties ending up with front-end shake etc., I wanted to have the dealer go over everything - grease it, check all filters, inspect all front-end/steering parts, ----basically everything...

Brought it in yesterday at 9:15. It was done by 10:05... I was expecting something in the C-note area, cost-wise...

The total bill was (and I chit you not) $20.63, incl. tax...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Damn, what's that, about 1/4 of the hourly rate? You made out extremely well. Good for you!

Last edited by RS308MX; 01/22/22.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very decent of them! (How on Earth do they stay in business?)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Probably by offering honest and prompt service. Posts like Rednecks will get around.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So the tech spent 12 minutes inspecting your truck. Doesn’t seem possible to pull it into the bay, hoist it up and fully inspect just the suspension components, lower it and pull it out to the parking lot in that amount of time.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Writing up the invoice cost that. That's great.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Allow me to run that pickup for a month or two and we could get a proper bill going...lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Probably by offering honest and prompt service. Posts like Rednecks will get around.

Hopefully so.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
You look under it to see if the zerks had seen a grease gun?

If they did manage to put it on a lift and grease the fittings, I guarantee that’s all they did.

5 minutes, tops.

$20 sounds about right.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Service guy said they checked all filters including the cabin filter (and I know they did due to stuff re-arranged in glove box) and greased what was available.. Some parts, as you all know, do not have zerks on 'em.. Whole thing took just under 45 mns....and this is the dealer I bought the truck through.. Most of the people there I know from the other dealer I used to work with (and who went 'total big-city' - AND ignored me when I wanted to order this truck)..

From all experiences with this dealer - they do their job and (so far) have done it right.. Also this is the place that did the major recall on the transmission about 3 months ago.. Everything's been a-OK to date..

Originally Posted by MadMooner
You look under it to see if the zerks had seen a grease gun?

If they did manage to put it on a lift and grease the fittings, I guarantee that’s all they did.
You 'guarantee' wrong, bud... Nice try.

FWIW, this is a VERY small-town dealer.. These guys survive by taking care of customers - unlike the 'big-city' pos dudes who are only interested in making bux no matter who or what... I know - 'cuz I worked with those 'big-city' dealerships for about 14+ years - which is why I went to this place when I ordered this truck in December of '19..

Ford will pay for front-end alignment within the first year of ownership.. I brought it in two months after that first year and just had 'em check alignment.. When it was done I asked what I owed.. Service guy said, "nothing, since it was so close we just took care of it"...

THAT, my friends, is SERVICE!

Last edited by Redneck; 01/22/22.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Lol. Awesome, 7 minutes.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had local sparky at my house for 2.5 hours. Fixed some messed up stuff in my basement the previous owner did. Apparently after a youtube and bud light bender.

78 bucks

Good dudes exist.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Mom took her Honda Crv in for service last week. She goes to the dealer because she only puts enough miles on it to change the oil once maybe twice a year. She had to wait for a couple of hours because they were short staffed. They told her it is unacceptable to have to wait that long and that they weren't going to charge her for the oil change. I thought that was pretty damn nice. She didn't even complain about the wait. They just felt bad because she had to wait.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I hear something like this, my first question that I say to myself is, “Did they actually do anything?”

You might have gotten ripped off.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's pretty steep for less than an hour of storage........ wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! Took my F350 in a couple years back and ask for a physical since we were going to start doing some long-distance towing. Bill was a couple grand. Got new oil/filters/fluids everywhere, new belts, tires checked/balanced (they might have rotated the air), wipers, etc. Two hundred fifty miles later the EGR system took a crap and we ran up another couple grand extending our trip by about 5 days with a dealership in another town.

Locally, I think help has become an issue. Used to walk in and get things tended to the next day. Now they schedule near everything 2-weeks out. I think shop time is about 80 to $90 an hour now.

Sometimes though good things happen. Neighbor's heat pump quit and the quote was about 22 grand for a whole new setup due to a lightning strike frying everything. Called another outfit for a second opinion and with 5 minutes and a $25-part they revived the entire system.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/22/22.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOF on a class 8 Peterbilt took 1.5 hours when I was service writing.

A lot gets done - grease/inspection wise in those 90 mins.

Essentially 1hr on a 450? A lot can get done. Not everyone is the milk man....

Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Allow me to run that pickup for a month or two and we could get a proper bill going...lol

Lmao

Camp is where you make it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
401 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.